👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

I think Jimbo is doing everything he can at this point. I do not think he’s just drawing an easy paycheck and not adjusting. Now if he doesn’t hire a real OC this off-season then we start talking about whether or not he’s doing everything he can to win. But I don’t think a legitimate change can be made mid season. What he does in December/January will be big for this team. 

25 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You misunderstood my last response. King is definitely hurt. The rumor is rib. He for sure has a foot injury that kept him out of practice all week. Rib injury is unconfirmed. DB asked about playing a qb with a broken rib. Im just saying the rib might not be true. 

Ok

On 10/15/2022 at 2:55 PM, Stoney said:

I can see a reason for going with King and for switching to Weigman. King gets you through the season with a struggling o-line and freshman talent at the skill positions. Weigman gives 6 games to figure out if he’s the answer and if the execution missing from Jimbo’s offense was the QB. 

I don’t think the QB is the problem with Jumbo's offense ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You think Jimbo is Jimbo’s problem with Jimbo’s offense?

I think the game has passed him by ... sort of like happened with Tom Landry and the NFL ... Jumbo was hired based on what he did one time in 2014 with elite talent .... hasn’t done much since but thinks he's an offensive genius ....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You think Jimbo is Jimbo’s problem with Jimbo’s offense?

I would somewhat agree with this statement. Not that his scheme is totally terrible, but the fact that he has to do so many jobs, besides calling the plays, it would be better for him to bring in a young OC--teach him the offense, they work together, allow the OC to call plays next fall, with input from HC (as usual), and maybe straighten out some of the problems. Because pretty soon they will be playing Texas again, and it is the one game that I actually hope A&M wins.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I would somewhat agree with this statement. Not that his scheme is totally terrible, but the fact that he has to do so many jobs, besides calling the plays, it would be better for him to bring in a young OC--teach him the offense, they work together, allow the OC to call plays next fall, with input from HC (as usual), and maybe straighten out some of the problems. Because pretty soon they will be playing Texas again, and it is the one game that I actually hope A&M wins.  

I’ve never been a fan of a HC also being the play caller on offense or defense. You become so focused on one aspect that you neglect the whole team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I’ve never been a fan of a HC also being the play caller on offense or defense. You become so focused on one aspect that you neglect the whole team. 

Nick Saban is arguably the greatest coach in CFB history and, regardless of whoever has the DC title, that's *his* defense. 

But he still doesn't call the plays. That says a lot. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stoney said:

What’s crazy about the way Jimbo does it is that most guys who do it end up being really good on the side of the ball they are on and the other side is neglected. Jimbo usually has a pretty solid defense but his offense is the weakest link. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

What’s crazy about the way Jimbo does it is that most guys who do it end up being really good on the side of the ball they are on and the other side is neglected. Jimbo usually has a pretty solid defense but his offense is the weakest link. 

Does your statement and obvious opinion above make you question things (Jimbo) even more? 

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

Word on the boards is that A&M is likely starting 6 true freshman on offense this week due to injuries. 

That’s crazy! I looked up their depth chart, and there’s only 7 true freshmen on the offensive depth chart. 

12 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Does your statement and obvious opinion above make you question things (Jimbo) even more? 

Not really. I think Jimbo is a good HC and the players really like him. Even now with the struggles they are having the team has not quit on him. I just think he needs an OC. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

That’s crazy! I looked up their depth chart, and there’s only 7 true freshmen on the offensive depth chart. 

The injury situation cannot be overstated. They are extremely beat up for the second year in a row. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

Not really. I think Jimbo is a good HC and the players really like him. Even now with the struggles they are having the team has not quit on him. I just think he needs an OC. 

And a qb.... take it from me. If you don't have a solid QB who can make plays for you, I don't care what kind of weapons you have on offense. And defense can only do so much.

20 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

And a qb.... take it from me. If you don't have a solid QB who can make plays for you, I don't care what kind of weapons you have on offense. And defense can only do so much.

He’s got a 5 star freshman on campus just doesn’t run a system friendly to QBs. 

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

He’s got a 5 star freshman on campus just doesn’t run a system friendly to QBs. 

It’s time to see what Weigman can do and if he’s the answer for ‘23. I’d be a little worried if I’m putting him out there behind that o-line this week.

• Like 1

Couple interesting notes from Tarp.

- There’s been a lot of speculation about the future of the coaching staff outside of A&M boss Jimbo Fisher but at this point in time nothing is set in stone. Some people probably won’t be around after the end of the season and changes are most likely to happen be on the offensive side of the ball (which of course has been the least productive of the units so far this season)

- Finally, any changes might just go beyond influences on the offensive side of the ball. Evaluations, the portal, how draft eligible players are handled…the program will be probably managed differently because that’s going to have to occur in order to attract the best players and coaches going forward.

I hope whoever is brought in can look at our o-line situation. Recruiting seems to be a mixed bag. We can hit on 4*,5* talent but it’s more of a mixed bag when it comes to evaluating,coaching 3* talent. A good o-line can do wonders making an average offense better than it appears.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic