๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I hope whoever is brought in can look at our o-line situation. Recruiting seems to be a mixed bag. We can hit on 4*,5* talent but itโ€™s more of a mixed bag when it comes to evaluating,coaching 3* talent. A good o-line can do wonders making an average offense better than it appears.

Hated losing Henson and hated losing Turner. Turner built the OL that Sumlin took over in 2012 that had 3 NFL guys on it. Turner and Henson built the 2020 Maroon Goons that were (in my opinion) the best in the nation. Top 3 at least.ย 

I don't know if it's injuries, our new OL coach, the loss of Schmidt, or some combination of those. But our line is not good. They've never really gelled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hated losing Henson and hated losing Turner. Turner built the OL that Sumlin took over in 2012 that had 3 NFL guys on it. Turner and Henson built the 2020 Maroon Goons that were (in my opinion) the best in the nation. Top 3 at least.ย 

I don't know if it's injuries, our new OL coach, the loss of Schmidt, or some combination of those. But our line is not good. They've never really gelled.

Oklahoma's Offensive Line this season is the best since 2018 (which was built by Schmidt was well).

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Oklahoma's Offensive Line this season is the best since 2018 (which was built by Schmidt was well).

I said when we got him that it was a big get and when we lost him that it was a big loss.ย 

A lot of Sooner fans in 2018 said he was too hard on players and led to fatigue. I just didn't see it.ย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I said when we got him that it was a big get and when we lost him that it was a big loss.ย 

A lot of Sooner fans in 2018 said he was too hard on players and led to fatigue. I just didn't see it.ย 

The word I heard from my sources at the time was that "it just isn't a good fit." And, in retrospect, that probably was the case. Schmidt didn't fit in to the culture Riley wanted in his program.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

The word I heard from my sources at the time was that "it just isn't a good fit." And, in retrospect, that probably was the case. Schmidt didn't fit in to the culture Riley wanted in his program.ย 

Seems like that's the case.ย 

I like what Schmidt brings to the table more than Riley's culture, though.ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

It's unbelievable that any university would give any coach that kind of a contract ....

And to think it is supposedly as state supported school. I am betting they don't need state money anymore if they can pay coaches $10 million a year.

31 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

And to think it is supposedly as state supported school. I am betting they don't need state money anymore if they can pay coaches $10 million a year.

It's one thing to pay them millions a year, itโ€™s quite another for it to be guaranteed ... the schools should be able to fire a coach that's under performing without having to pay out these huge guaranteed long term contracts .... that's total stupidity, but I guess these universities have to keep up with the Jonses .... they have creaed something that's gotten ridiculous .... not many professions have that sweat a deal ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

It's one thing to pay them millions a year, itโ€™s quite another for it to be guaranteed ... the schools should be able to fire a coach that's under performing without having to pay out these huge guaranteed long term contracts .... that's total stupidity, but I guess these universities have to keep up with the Jonses .... they have creaed something that's gotten ridiculous .... not many professions have that sweat a deal ....

No doubt this man was the smartest in the room during negotiations...

See the source image

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think as a coach, he got a sweet deal--wish they'd let high schools do that to......:rofl:

I mean for a guy that will get you 4 losses a year, that is a sweet, sweet deal. (yep, throwing that jab)

I guess weโ€™re going to find out in the next couple months just how rich and powerful the Aggie donors are and how much an ego Jimbo has. Jimbo needs to look hard and deep, have a Michael Jackson man in the mirror moment, ask himself why his team canโ€™t pick up and execute his offense. Does he have the ability to turn loose the control and bring in a new voice.

44 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I guess weโ€™re going to find out in the next couple months just how rich and powerful the Aggie donors are and how much an ego Jimbo has. Jimbo needs to look hard and deep, have a Michael Jackson man in the mirror moment, ask himself why his team canโ€™t pick up and execute his offense. Does he have the ability to turn loose the control and bring in a new voice.

I've seen Art Briles name being thrown around as an OC. Just don't know if he would answer to Jimbo.

16 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I've seen Art Briles name being thrown around as an OC. Just don't know if he would answer to Jimbo.

They would never hire Art. Are you sure youโ€™re not thinking about his son Kendall who is the OC at Arkansas?ย 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

They would never hire Art. Are you sure youโ€™re not thinking about his son Kendall who is the OC at Arkansas?ย 

Actually, I seen Art but your right Kendall makes more sense. I can see that happening with pretty mush ease.

Edited by Sportsfanatic1

• Mr. P locked this topic