Jump to content

👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

And Florida

Yep. I mean A&M is going to recruit top 5 from here on out most likely under Jimbo. But there’s a big difference in finishing 3rd-5th and finishing with the best class of all time (and still adding to it.) 

One thing I’ve seen a recruit mention that I think plays a huge role in this class is that some of these kids don’t want to go to Bama and just be another replaceable part of a dynasty. They was to be the spark that pushes someone new into the mix. They want to be looked at as the class that started something not just continued it. A&M is second to nobody in terms of facilities, fan support and apparently NIL dollars. There’s not a single thing holding them back from making that jump to elite. Recruits see that. They don’t care about titles from before they were born. Recruiting is about the future not the past. 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

And there will always be naysayers that follow him around.

 

Yea even Aggies seem to be split on this. I’d say just based off the boards and conversations I’ve had about 1/3 of the fan base is on the “he’s a murderer” train. 

Here’s the thing… A&M will catch flack for this hire from now until the first game. It will be the talk of message boards about how A&M is so desperate to win they are buying their entire class and hiring murderers to coach. It’s all noise. Those with envy will always throw stones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, WETSU said:

Yea even Aggies seem to be split on this. I’d say just based off the boards and conversations I’ve had about 1/3 of the fan base is on the “he’s a murderer” train. 

Here’s the thing… A&M will catch flack for this hire from now until the first game. It will be the talk of message boards about how A&M is so desperate to win they are buying their entire class and hiring murderers to coach. It’s all noise. Those with envy will always throw stones. 

Yea I agree it's dead season for a lot of people and they don't have nothing else to do but stay on the message boards and criticize.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

B314488F-907B-424F-8626-3130626F2B62.png

This number is low… A&M spent 30 mil+ on buying this class. There’s no way this kid signed with a school that barely uses WR instead of wanting to play for the 5-7 monster that was his other option without there being at least 5mil on the table. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This number is low… A&M spent 30 mil+ on buying this class. There’s no way this kid signed with a school that barely uses WR instead of wanting to play for the 5-7 monster that was his other option without there being at least 5mil on the table. 

This was my favorite interaction of the week. Mister holier than thou Michigan man accusing A&M of cheating, doubling down that they do things the right way without NIL, then just magically being okay with NIL because Michigan does it “quietly.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea the way that the nation is looking at A&M is wild. You’d have thought they haven’t recruited a decent class in a decade and are the only program in the country offering NIL deals for recruits…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yea the way that the nation is looking at A&M is wild. You’d have thought they haven’t recruited a decent class in a decade and are the only program in the country offering NIL deals for recruits…

247 is backing hard off that $30m rumor that one of their staff members started.

730BABCF-BA8A-4BF8-A079-FE851302D193.png3868BB39-F3E8-4765-BBC7-5DFC9C11846C.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Yea the way that the nation is looking at A&M is wild. You’d have thought they haven’t recruited a decent class in a decade and are the only program in the country offering NIL deals for recruits…

It’s because you aren’t really doing anything different on the field to justify the jump above Alabama, Georgia, or Ohio State. 
 

Like it or not most people don’t understand how you guys are turning 4 loss seasons into a #1 class.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

It’s because you aren’t really doing anything different on the field to justify the jump above Alabama, Georgia, or Ohio State. 
 

Like it or not most people don’t understand how you guys are turning 4 loss seasons into a #1 class.

Minimal staff changes on the last 4 years, top 3 facilities in the country and every one of your 3 toughest recruiting rivals in the region either are 5-7 or replacing entire staffs on mediocre years themselves. It’s really not THAT hard to see how A&M brought in the class when you think about it like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Minimal staff changes on the last 4 years, top 3 facilities in the country and every one of your 3 toughest recruiting rivals in the region either are 5-7 or replacing entire staffs on mediocre years themselves. It’s really not THAT hard to see how A&M brought in the class when you think about it like that.

Touching on that, let’s say LSU, OU and Texas were in better situations and each landed 1 of the studs A&M got in the top half of their class… that puts them at 3 behind Bama and Georgia. That’s not unreasonable considering how they have recruited the last 3 classes. So it’s not like what A&M did this class is just totally unreasonable. Just 2-3 different pieces changes things. A perfect storm is what this was. Not just buying a class…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Minimal staff changes on the last 4 years, top 3 facilities in the country and every one of your 3 toughest recruiting rivals in the region either are 5-7 or replacing entire staffs on mediocre years themselves. It’s really not THAT hard to see how A&M brought in the class when you think about it like that.

Yeah for people for follow recruiting. Is that like 20% of a fan base?

For the casuals it seems crazy that you can have a class like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Touching on that, let’s say LSU, OU and Texas were in better situations and each landed 1 of the studs A&M got in the top half of their class… that puts them at 3 behind Bama and Georgia. That’s not unreasonable considering how they have recruited the last 3 classes. So it’s not like what A&M did this class is just totally unreasonable. Just 2-3 different pieces changes things. A perfect storm is what this was. Not just buying a class…

And that is what I was saying 2 months ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

And that is what I was saying 2 months ago.

 

11 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Yeah for people for follow recruiting. Is that like 20% of a fan base?

For the casuals it seems crazy that you can have a class like that.

I agree most of this silliness you’re seeing on twitter about A&M buying the class is mostly people who have no clue how recruiting works or follow it closely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No one is accusing A&M of cheating.  But they are surely finding ways to raise the funds needed to sway the ones who need swaying.  Which is all perfectly legal and fair.  Thanks NCAA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

No one is accusing A&M of cheating.  But they are surely finding ways to raise the funds needed to sway the ones who need swaying.  Which is all perfectly legal and fair.  Thanks NCAA

Let me rephrase…. Those “rumors” floating around that A&M spent 30 mil+ already just recruiting this class are baseless rumors. There’s no way random twitter posters or rival fan message boards could know these things. Even you’re assumption that they are “surely finding ways to raise the funds needed to sway” is baseless. You’re operating under the assumption that A&M only recruited this class because of NIL. You seriously think Texas, Georgia, Bama and I’ll just funnel money through a children’s hospital LSU just got outspent by A&M??? Not hardly. These studs were going to get paid wherever they went. If this assumption A&M was moneywhipping guys legal or not was true, they wouldn’t have lost out on either of the 5 star OTs who were the highest position of need on the roster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Let me rephrase…. Those “rumors” floating around that A&M spent 30 mil+ already just recruiting this class are baseless rumors. There’s no way random twitter posters or rival fan message boards could know these things. Even you’re assumption that they are “surely finding ways to raise the funds needed to sway” is baseless. You’re operating under the assumption that A&M only recruited this class because of NIL. You seriously think Texas, Georgia, Bama and I’ll just funnel money through a children’s hospital LSU just got outspent by A&M??? Not hardly. These studs were going to get paid wherever they went. If this assumption A&M was moneywhipping guys legal or not was true, they wouldn’t have lost out on either of the 5 star OTs who were the highest position of need on the roster. 

You can't prove that any more than those that are making the claim. You have no idea if they're 'baseless'. And reading recent remarks by Ross Bjork, leads me to believe the rumors are true, as not one time did he deny the claim. 

BUT, as I've stated before, so what if they are?! Again, that's the door the NCAA opened. I, for one, don't like it, but it is what it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...