Jump to content

👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻


Stoney

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Now let's talk numbers.

39th in transfer portal rankings.

14th in recruiting rankings. This is all by 247. Some sites have them lower than that.

Recruits shying away from the Jumbo Fischer/offensive coordinator stuff ... program seems to be stagnant or in decline under Jumbo .... who wants to committ there until things change? ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Now let's talk numbers.

39th in transfer portal rankings.

14th in recruiting rankings. This is all by 247. Some sites have them lower than that.

We’ve already talked about this on this site. It was a cropped video. The rest of the sentence that is cut off talks about facilities. But it doesn’t fit the narrative of paying players. It’s reaching, but at least you tried to provide something. 
 

What is the second part of your post supposed to be about? Recruiting is not great right now. But that’s not relevant to anything regarding paying players. You fools really think they “bought” everyone last year and can’t this year? It’s a stupid argument. It’s always been a stupid argument. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Recruits shying away from the Jumbo Fischer/offensive coordinator stuff ... program seems to be stagnant or in decline under Jumbo .... who wants to committ there until things change? ....

Agreed. But like my post above, players being bought wouldn’t care. It’s truly a childish viewpoint to think A&M bought players last year and then can’t this year. A&M is down to 3 scholarship linebackers. You really think if they were paying what everyone lied about them paying last year they couldn’t buy Anthony Hill? What about an OT that they desperately need. 
 

You are correct that recruiting is hurting because of Jimbo. I think his recruiting support staff was terrible this year as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

We’ve already talked about this on this site. It was a cropped video. The rest of the sentence that is cut off talks about facilities. But it doesn’t fit the narrative of paying players. It’s reaching, but at least you tried to provide something. 
 

What is the second part of your post supposed to be about? Recruiting is not great right now. But that’s not relevant to anything regarding paying players. You fools really think they “bought” everyone last year and can’t this year? It’s a stupid argument. It’s always been a stupid argument. 

I think A&M bought players last year but I don't think there was single rule broken. That's why it's hypocritical for Jimbo to say what he did the other day.

As far as this year I think 2 things are happening, 1- I think recruits are having second thoughts on playing for Jimbo, 2- "probably" some outbidding going on also. JMO.

I have a question WET, do most alum want Jimbo gone? The reason I ask is because most around here would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I think A&M bought players last year but I don't think there was single rule broken. That's why it's hypocritical for Jimbo to say what he did the other day.

As far as this year I think 2 things are happening, 1- I think recruits are having second thoughts on playing for Jimbo, 2- "probably" some outbidding going on also. JMO.

I have a question WET, do most alum want Jimbo gone? The reason I ask is because most around here would.

The NIL deals are public knowledge. There’s no reason to cheat as you say… A&M itself (state law requirement) reported only 4 mil for the entire athletic department. So either you believe the 30-40mil rumor and A&M is just false reporting the numbers, or you believe they paid the reported 4mil and that doesn’t seem like enough to “buy” the recruits like everyone thinks. Which one is your stance? 
 

And my honest opinion is that Jimbo CAN be a good HC. I just don’t think he can be a good OC and HC at this point. I don’t think it’s a simple solution for Jimbo right now. If you’re gonna eat a major buyout like this, you better have a for sure thing to replace him with. it’s going to be estimated 120 mil worth of Jimbos staff buyouts plus buyouts for the new staffs if he was to be replaced this year. That unrealistic with the coaching names available. Especially because I don’t think Jimbo is a far off as this season looked. Honestly look at the LSU game. Offensively and defensively they showed they can play when semi healthy. And I think regardless of OC (even if it was Jimbo again) you’re gonna see Weigman and the offense play improve next season. My decision on whether I wanted him “gone” or not still hinge on the OC hire. If it ends up being some no name position coach from a school and Jimbo has his hands all over it then I want him gone. He could have hired that type of hire the day he fired Dickey and at least recruited with some momentum coming off the lsu game and new OC hire. All he’s done by delaying the hire is put more doubt in unless it’s a massive steal that needed to be announced after the playoffs (doubtful). 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The NIL deals are public knowledge. There’s no reason to cheat as you say… A&M itself (state law requirement) reported only 4 mil for the entire athletic department. So either you believe the 30-40mil rumor and A&M is just false reporting the numbers, or you believe they paid the reported 4mil and that doesn’t seem like enough to “buy” the recruits like everyone thinks. Which one is your stance? 
 

And my honest opinion is that Jimbo CAN be a good HC. I just don’t think he can be a good OC and HC at this point. I don’t think it’s a simple solution for Jimbo right now. If you’re gonna eat a major buyout like this, you better have a for sure thing to replace him with. it’s going to be estimated 120 mil worth of Jimbos staff buyouts plus buyouts for the new staffs if he was to be replaced this year. That unrealistic with the coaching names available. Especially because I don’t think Jimbo is a far off as this season looked. Honestly look at the LSU game. Offensively and defensively they showed they can play when semi healthy. And I think regardless of OC (even if it was Jimbo again) you’re gonna see Weigman and the offense play improve next season. My decision on whether I wanted him “gone” or not still hinge on the OC hire. If it ends up being some no name position coach from a school and Jimbo has his hands all over it then I want him gone. He could have hired that type of hire the day he fired Dickey and at least recruited with some momentum coming off the lsu game and new OC hire. All he’s done by delaying the hire is put more doubt in unless it’s a massive steal that needed to be announced after the playoffs (doubtful). 

Thanks, and may you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Thanks, and may you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

To you as well. But what’s the answer to my question? 
 

Do you believe A&M is cheating/lying about it’s reported NIL deals (which would be against state law) or do you think they reported accurately and only spent about 3 mil on the entire football team INCLUDING the freshman? Which makes it seem like extremely low numbers in terms of NIL deals. 
I know you said you thought they did everything legal and clean but bought players. I’m just curious if that thought changes when shown the reported numbers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

To you as well. But what’s the answer to my question? 
 

Do you believe A&M is cheating/lying about it’s reported NIL deals (which would be against state law) or do you think they reported accurately and only spent about 3 mil on the entire football team INCLUDING the freshman? Which makes it seem like extremely low numbers in terms of NIL deals. 
I know you said you thought they did everything legal and clean but bought players. I’m just curious if that thought changes when shown the reported numbers. 

I think the numbers are/where skewed on what they spent on football players. I honestly don't think he can haul in a class like that without some serious cash being handed over. But I have no problem with it under the current system. I just didn't like him calling out other coaches for doing it. IMO I think he was referring to the Portal more than the NIL deal. I think some coaches reached out to his players about transferring to their respective schools.

I also think that's what Bama did this year. We all know Saban is probably the best recruiter in CF but come on man. It's one top class after another BUT he does have something to sell in all his Championships and his NFL draft rate. I also think Georgia does the same thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I think the numbers are/where skewed on what they spent on football players. I honestly don't think he can haul in a class like that without some serious cash being handed over. But I have no problem with it under the current system. I just didn't like him calling out other coaches for doing it. IMO I think he was referring to the Portal more than the NIL deal. I think some coaches reached out to his players about transferring to their respective schools.

I also think that's what Bama did this year. We all know Saban is probably the best recruiter in CF but come on man. It's one top class after another BUT he does have something to sell in all his Championships and his NFL draft rate. I also think Georgia does the same thing.

The problem is you keep saying you think A&M paid for players. I guess you can think that if you want. But there has been no proof provided of it happening. So you calling him a hypocrite is not based on fact. 

Merry Christmas to you and your family, though! You too, Wet. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Agreed. But like my post above, players being bought wouldn’t care. It’s truly a childish viewpoint to think A&M bought players last year and then can’t this year. A&M is down to 3 scholarship linebackers. You really think if they were paying what everyone lied about them paying last year they couldn’t buy Anthony Hill? What about an OT that they desperately need. 
 

You are correct that recruiting is hurting because of Jimbo. I think his recruiting support staff was terrible this year as well. 

Give Kirt a break. He was reminded he’s a loser who cheers for losers yesterday when the cowboys beat his eagles. And of course Christmas is tough for him cause he spends it alone. 😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The problem is you keep saying you think A&M paid for players. I guess you can think that if you want. But there has been no proof provided of it happening. So you calling him a hypocrite is not based on fact. 

Merry Christmas to you and your family, though! You too, Wet. 
 

Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

This is what Fisher said about the NIL.

“NIL has been going on for a long time,” Fisher said. “It just hasn’t been above board. Now it is, and I think it does affect things. Because other people don’t have the advantages they used to have and how they did things and the way they did things.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Give Kirt a break. He was reminded he’s a loser who cheers for losers yesterday when the cowboys beat his eagles. And of course Christmas is tough for him cause he spends it alone. 😂😂😂

I'm no Eagles fan, I'm a Hurts fan .... and most people expected the Cowgurlz to win at home yesterday with Hurts being out .... 

Back to the aggys .... NIL or no NIL, if Jumbo's aggys flounder around .500 again next season with Jumbo running the aggy offense, with or without a new OC, the aggy program may never recover no matter how many NIL deals they can swing .... Question ... what is the floor for Jumbo surviving another season with the aggys? .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I'm no Eagles fan, I'm a Hurts fan .... and most people expected the Cowgurlz to win at home yesterday with Hurts being out .... 

Back to the aggys .... NIL or no NIL, if Jumbo's aggys flounder around .500 again next season with Jumbo running the aggy offense, with or without a new OC, the aggy program may never recover no matter how many NIL deals they can swing .... Question ... what is the floor for Jumbo surviving another season with the aggys? .....

Sorry buddy. Maybe someone will come see you this Christmas. It’s okay. :) Merry Christmas. 😂

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

This is what Fisher said about the NIL.

“NIL has been going on for a long time,” Fisher said. “It just hasn’t been above board. Now it is, and I think it does affect things. Because other people don’t have the advantages they used to have and how they did things and the way they did things.”

Where is that an admission of paying players? At BEST you’re reaching hard. But if that’s what you wanna do to have some big gotcha moment, enjoy it, I guess. I’ll let you have this one for Christmas. ;) Enjoy your day!

Edited by JohnnyFootball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has Jimbo actually stated he is going to hire an OC and give yp control of the Offense or is this internet banner?  Johnny wants proof but there is seldom ever proof of paying players illegally. SMU one of the few that got caught and that was 40 years ago. Even if A&M cheated, not sure what the big deal is. It happens every single year....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Has Jimbo actually stated he is going to hire an OC and give yp control of the Offense or is this internet banner?  Johnny wants proof but there is seldom ever proof of paying players illegally. SMU one of the few that got caught and that was 40 years ago. Even if A&M cheated, not sure what the big deal is. It happens every single year....

Someone made a claim and I asked them to back it up. Does me asking for proof of their claims happening bother you?

The whole OC thing stems mostly from Brent Z saying “he has no choice” and Darrell Dickey leaving. I will say Brent has historically had connections within the athletic department at A&M so I understand people buying in to him. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A&M boss Jimbo Fisher himself made quite a few comments on the Aggies’ search for an offensive coordinator in his signing day press conference by noting this: “when you draw it on the board...there ain't a hill of beans between them. I keep saying that whether it's pro style, spread, Air Raid...they're all the same. Football is football. A over is an over, a dig's a dig (routes). We'll get the right guy that we think can fit and move the football.”

Fisher wants to be able to run much of the same system that he’s been running on offense much like he did on defense when he added DJ Durkin last winter. He would like to find someone to add some new elements to the offense but what he said publicly is what he believes…the system isn’t an issue.

He’s been publicly linked to multiple offensive coordinators such as TCU’s Garrett Riley and Washington’s Ryan Grubb. We’ve confirmed that both have signed extensions and it’s already been released that A&M has been generally offering deals in the range of $2 million annually over a three year period.

But nonetheless, the basic system isn’t going to change. It might be tweaked but it’s going to have to be in ways that Fisher as the head coach signs off on. It’s been a successful system in the past.

Moreover, Fisher is going to be allowed to hire who he wants without interference from anyone above him. It’s written into Fisher’s contract that he recommends people for positions on his staff and that the people ostensibly above him have to sign off on them. Remember, when A&M head coaches have made coordinator changes in the past, they’ve brought on people they liked and they’ve been responsible for the hire, not anyone else. 

You’re going to continue to see leaks about names but in the end Fisher will be the one making the hire and he’s the one running the process. There are people who want A&M to radically change things up on that side of the but those people aren’t going to be able to influence things (which is why you see names floated publicly).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

A&M boss Jimbo Fisher himself made quite a few comments on the Aggies’ search for an offensive coordinator in his signing day press conference by noting this: “when you draw it on the board...there ain't a hill of beans between them. I keep saying that whether it's pro style, spread, Air Raid...they're all the same. Football is football. A over is an over, a dig's a dig (routes). We'll get the right guy that we think can fit and move the football.”

Fisher wants to be able to run much of the same system that he’s been running on offense much like he did on defense when he added DJ Durkin last winter. He would like to find someone to add some new elements to the offense but what he said publicly is what he believes…the system isn’t an issue.

He’s been publicly linked to multiple offensive coordinators such as TCU’s Garrett Riley and Washington’s Ryan Grubb. We’ve confirmed that both have signed extensions and it’s already been released that A&M has been generally offering deals in the range of $2 million annually over a three year period.

But nonetheless, the basic system isn’t going to change. It might be tweaked but it’s going to have to be in ways that Fisher as the head coach signs off on. It’s been a successful system in the past.

Moreover, Fisher is going to be allowed to hire who he wants without interference from anyone above him. It’s written into Fisher’s contract that he recommends people for positions on his staff and that the people ostensibly above him have to sign off on them. Remember, when A&M head coaches have made coordinator changes in the past, they’ve brought on people they liked and they’ve been responsible for the hire, not anyone else. 

You’re going to continue to see leaks about names but in the end Fisher will be the one making the hire and he’s the one running the process. There are people who want A&M to radically change things up on that side of the but those people aren’t going to be able to influence things (which is why you see names floated publicly).

Aggys are wasting their time trying to force an OC worth his salt on Jumbo ... nobody worth hiring wants to work for Jumbo in a "yes man" role .... Jumbo don't need no stinking help with the offense ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jimbo will hire an OC. There’s been the leaked name of Petrino. $2m price tag has been rumored for contract. Wait until the CFP is over and see what comes about. 

Guaranteed contracts and complete program control has made big money donors realize that NIL is their way to check  coaches power. You wanna recruit without NIL in today’s game? 

The belief inside the program seems to be keeping the ‘22 class together as much as possible, fix the locker room distractions, Jimbo in a CEO role with a new OC, less injuries and young players becoming more experienced with the system will turn things around in ‘23. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Jimbo will hire an OC. There’s been the leaked name of Petrino. $2m price tag has been rumored for contract. Wait until the CFP is over and see what comes about. 

Guaranteed contracts and complete program control has made big money donors realize that NIL is their way to check  coaches power. You wanna recruit without NIL in today’s game? 

The belief inside the program seems to be keeping the ‘22 class together as much as possible, fix the locker room distractions, Jimbo in a CEO role with a new OC, less injuries and young players becoming more experienced with the system will turn things around in ‘23. 

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

image.png

It’s not quite that clear. This team is loaded with talent. Could easily be a SEC west contender next year. Could also be a 5-7 team again. Jimbos program is not entirely a dumpster fire just yet. Although I am new to this. It’s your programs that’s had plenty of experience as the dumpster fire lately. You might recognize it better than I do. 

  • LOL! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It’s not quite that clear. This team is loaded with talent. Could easily be a SEC west contender next year. Could also be a 5-7 team again. Jimbos program is not entirely a dumpster fire just yet. Although I am new to this. It’s your programs that’s had plenty of experience as the dumpster fire lately. You might recognize it better than I do. 

They had a four loss season. They are back.

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Plus, he's used that image like a thousand times. 

It wouldn't be so bad if the moron had some sort of creativity. But that's too much to ask, I guess. That must be all used up from all the other hobbies he claims to have (yet is the loser who spends his life trolling here lol)

Edited by JohnnyFootball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Plus, he's used that image like a thousand times. 

It wouldn't be so bad if the moron had some sort of creativity. But that's too much to ask, I guess. That must be all used up from all the other hobbies he claims to have (yet is the loser who spends his life trolling here lol)

Butthurt much Jonny? ... 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...