Finebaum: CFP is headed towards expanding to 12 teams

14 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

yes.

The same people who don't think Cincinnati earned their spot in the playoffs ARE the same people who believe 2 and 3 loss teams such as Baylor and Ohio State DESERVED to be there...  That is the most flawed logic I've ever seen.  Especially, if they oppose playoff expansion.

I didn't say OSU deserved to be in the playoff but I don't think Cincy could play with them. That goes with several P5 schools.

I'll stick with Cincy would have finished 3-5 in the west.

18 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I didn't say OSU deserved to be in the playoff but I don't think Cincy could play with them. That goes with several P5 schools.

I'll stick with Cincy would have finished 3-5 in the west.

Who cares?  The 4 most deserving teams (finally) were in the playoffs.  Deserving doesn't necessarily mean the most talented.  If we went that route, we would have the same 6 teams in the playoffs every year.  For Cincinnati to even get this shot they had to take Georgia to the wire and go undefeated in the regular season last year.  Then turn around and do it again this year.  It's a double standard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2022 at 2:04 PM, LOL said:

It's actually easier to create a true playoff than any of the weird complicated nonsense we do now (or any of the harebrained schemes I've seen floating around).

• Conference champs (10 teams), seeded by final ranking.
  • Highest ranked at-larges (6 teams).

16 team playoff, 4 rounds. One true champ.  

"But what about muh bowls? Muh tradition?"

Fine, use the bowls as playoff sites. Use traditional bowl tie-ins as homefield advantage. 

It's so easy, and I guaran-damn-tee you the money would be better with this system. 

I originally did it that way and ended up with Bama vs N Illinois and Mich vs W Ken which are complete yawners. The networks would never go for those kind of matchups and you have to have them as partners in any 12+ playoff. IMO

22 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Who cares?  The 4 most deserving teams (finally) were in the playoffs.  Deserving doesn't necessarily mean the most talented.  If we went that route, we would have the same 6 teams in the playoffs every year.  For Cincinnati to even get this shot they had to take Georgia to the wire and go undefeated in the regular season last year.  Then turn around and do it again this year.  It's a double standard. 

I don't know if it's normal in the comparisons but the first thing that jumped out to us was the size and talent difference in the players on the LOS.

Second was the team speed difference wasn't even close. 

I don't watch G5 teams play much so I don't know if it's the norm.

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I don't know if it's normal in the comparisons but the first thing that jumped out to us was the size and talent difference in the players on the LOS.

Second was the team speed difference wasn't even close. 

I don't watch G5 teams play much so I don't know if it's the norm.

I noticed the LOS difference but didn't see much difference in Team speed. Cincy has some kids that can run. Bama stayed away from the stud Cincy corner, would have loved to see Bama challenge him. 

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

I noticed the LOS difference but didn't see much difference in Team speed. Cincy has some kids that can run. Bama stayed away from the stud Cincy corner, would have loved to see Bama challenge him. 

A lot!

Why challenge him with Methcie out? #7 Challenged #3 and beat him 10 yards on the TD. 7 isn't that fast just a great route.

Cincy really didn't have a threat on offense except #7. He could fly! Ridder is VERY overrated when you see how how he freaks out as soon as the ball is snapped IN PERSON. He was so scared of the rush.

47 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

A lot!

Why challenge him with Methcie out? #7 Challenged #3 and beat him 10 yards on the TD. 7 isn't that fast just a great route.

Cincy really didn't have a threat on offense except #7. He could fly! Ridder is VERY overrated when you see how how he freaks out as soon as the ball is snapped IN PERSON. He was so scared of the rush.

Agree about Ridder, he was wide eyed and is overrated. I thought the back 7 for Cincy could all run. Not being able to stop the run was killer. Just don't think you are giving Cincy enough credit for the team they had this year. Bama is on a different level right now than ANYONE! 

3 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Agree about Ridder, he was wide eyed and is overrated. I thought the back 7 for Cincy could all run. Not being able to stop the run was killer. Just don't think you are giving Cincy enough credit for the team they had this year. Bama is on a different level right now than ANYONE! 

Don't agree. Georgia is a better "talented" team. Really not expecting Bama to win with the 8 starters out. No excuses here like some other posters, next man up.