Tyler High

Longview 

Sherman 

McKinney North 

North Mesquite 

West Mesquite 

Forney

Thoughts?

Very possible. I can also see them putting Sherman and McKinney North with the Frisco schools as well. 

14 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Very possible. I can also see them putting Sherman and McKinney North with the Frisco schools as well. 

We have said that before, but all they have done is put in teams that are close and keep the same five teams together.

I'm thinking Longview, Tyler, Forney, North Mesquite, West Mesquite, Lancaster and Red Oak. But there's about 10 different ways they can go with this thing.

Just hope and hope and hope some more we don't get put in with Dallas ISD.

12 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I'm thinking Longview, Tyler, Forney, North Mesquite, West Mesquite, Lancaster and Red Oak. But there's about 10 different ways they can go with this thing.

Just hope and hope and hope some more we don't get put in with Dallas ISD.

And who has Tyler and Longview with Dallas ISD

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

How the heck Sherman get put in still 

If you go by those projections, a lot of it is going to be balance -- they aren't going to have three districts in the region be eight-plus teams and the other one have just six if you take Sherman out. It's an unfair advantage in making the playoffs they will try to avoid if possible.

And of course you are looking at it from an East Texas perspective -- some would say  Forney, McKinney North, North Mesquite, Sherman, and West Mesquite are the basis of a district, so why are Longview and Tyler in there

6 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

If you go by those projections, a lot of it is going to be balance -- they aren't going to have three districts in the region be eight-plus teams and the other one have just six if you take Sherman out. It's an unfair advantage in making the playoffs they will try to avoid if possible.

And of course you are looking at it from an East Texas perspective -- some would say  Forney, McKinney North, North Mesquite, Sherman, and West Mesquite are the basis of a district, so why are Longview and Tyler in there

They did the same thing I did. 

On 1/28/2022 at 1:05 AM, JasonDellaRosa said:

Honestly, I wouldn't think of it that way at all.

Longview/Tyler/Mesquite ISD have been together ever since East Texas lost it's lone top class district. They're not changing what's been working. The school districts work well together and are use to playing each at this point. We're another cycle away from it being 20 years now. Throw in Forney that we have to drive through just to get to Mesquite, and these 5 schools together just make the most sense.

Sherman and McKinney North at the outliers here and could easily have closer district mates if the UIL chose to do so. There's just not anywhere near as many options for Longview & Tyler that actually make sense. I know in the past they've talked about sending us south, but that literally makes zero sense to me.

But to each their own I guess in what they see.

I'm expecting another year of North/Sherman with us 5 for another 7 team district. I think the rumors of throwing Lufkin in there are absolutely insane, but it seems to be gaining traction. Much rather have Lancaster if they're gonna make a 8 team district. But it's the UIL, so we'll see what happens.

4 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I can tell you Longview and Tyler both think Lufkin is coming back into the district and I do as well 

I don't understand the prospect of making them travel North and 3+ hours, as opposed to sending them West with College Station to the Killeen area or where they absolutely make sense is is down South in a Houston district.

If Lufkin comes north, there's no way they put Sherman in our district with them...surely. That's crazy, crazy travel for absolutely no reason.

10 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I don't understand the prospect of making them travel North and 3+ hours, as opposed to sending them West with College Station to the Killeen area or where they absolutely make sense is is down South in a Houston district.

If Lufkin comes north, there's no way they put Sherman in our district with them...surely. That's crazy, crazy travel for absolutely no reason.

Well you have to remember Houston is probably going from three districts to two...there simply may not be room for Lufkin in Houston....

Lufkin to Killeen is 200 miles one way....Lufkin to Mesquite is 170...plus Lufkin to Tyler and Longview is closer than Lufkin to College Station 

Basically what I think happens is Houston with several 5A D1's going 6A loses a district and Central Texas with several schools dropping from 6A to 5A is given a district 

It makes more sense to me to send Lufkin north than to send Lufkin west

9 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Basically what I think happens is Houston with several 5A D1's going 6A loses a district and Central Texas with several schools dropping from 6A to 5A is given a district 

It makes more sense to me to send Lufkin north than to send Lufkin west

So do you think Sherman and McKinney North will stay in the district 🤔?

1 minute ago, CUJONATION83 said:

So do you think Sherman and McKinney North will stay in the district 🤔?

Believe he had Lancaster joining us and not North/Sherman.

So Longview, Tyler, Forney, West Mesquite, North Mesquite, Lufkin and Lancaster for a 7 team district (4 non-district games).

5 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Well you have to remember Houston is probably going from three districts to two...there simply may not be room for Lufkin in Houston....

Lufkin to Killeen is 200 miles one way....Lufkin to Mesquite is 170...plus Lufkin to Tyler and Longview is closer than Lufkin to College Station 

I think you have a good point.  Sherman to Longview is 150 miles (2 hr 45 min drive)   Also a 2 and 1/2 hr drive from McKinney to Longview. 

Lufkin to Mesquite is 170 (2 hr 45 min) and about 160 (2 hr 30 min) to Forney.    

If UIL would put Sherman and and McKinney in this district, its not a stretch to take them out and replace them with Lufkin.