πŸ—2022 Arkansas Razorback Thread πŸ—

Stoney

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

College Football needs a massive correction.Β 

Or rather, several massive corrections.Β 

NIL is a big one. Those loopholes need to be patched fast (and I say that as a fan of a team who no doubt benefited greatly from NIL this recruiting cycle). Otherwise, it's going to make the problem of it "always being the same 5-6 teams competing" even worse.Β 

Bowl games are another big one. There are far too many bowl games and in late August, ESPN is already talking about "Who are the 4 in?!" and rattling on and on about "meaningless bowl games". Ergo, players opt out, fan interest dies, and teams play in front of largely empty stadiums. Teams should not go to a bowl because they won 6 games. Using A&M as an example, the only 2 bowls A&M should've gone to in the last 15+ years are the Cotton in 2012 and the Orange in 2020. I feel like a team needs to have a big/special season to go to a Bowl.Β 

after the past 5 years at Arkansas i could not be any happier for them after winning a meaningless bowl game. was the outback bowl a consolation trophy maybe to some but to a majority of those kids that were the laughing stock of the sec for a couple years it was a huge accomplishment and one that they never will forget. i guess it would have meant a little more if it was a new years 6 game or whatever but who cares i'd rather watch a bad football game against a couple 6-6 teams than basketball any day.Β  Β Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, txk85 said:

after the past 5 years at Arkansas i could not be any happier for them after winning a meaningless bowl game. was the outback bowl a consolation trophy maybe to some but to a majority of those kids that were the laughing stock of the sec for a couple years it was a huge accomplishment and one that they never will forget. i guess it would have meant a little more if it was a new years 6 game or whatever but who cares i'd rather watch a bad football game against a couple 6-6 teams than basketball any day.Β  Β Β 

Arkansas have a LOT more to be proud of than winning that bowl game. Arkansas beating Texas, A&M, LSU, Miss St, and playing Alabama close are all awesome signs of improvement that the team and Coach Pittman have to hang their hats on.Β 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Looks like Catalon and Slusher the only DBs coming back. 4 hit the portal and one is headed to the draft.Β 

I seen Stromberg and Wagner are coming back.Β  You guys should be real good on O' with 4/5 OL returning + Jefferson and that stable of RB's.Β  Need to find a replacement for Burks.Β  Maybe Haselwood?

Β 

11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Think Norwood winds up at Arkansas?

Not sure. But the weeding out process apparently has begun. A parent of a certain player that gets playing time told one of our beat reporters that alot of these guys was treated like Gods by the last coaching staff, this staff treats everyone the same and holds them accountable. I guess some guys don't like it. Oh well. πŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Not sure. But the weeding out process apparently has begun. A parent of a certain player that gets playing time told one of our beat reporters that alot of these guys was treated like Gods by the last coaching staff, this staff treats everyone the same and holds them accountable. I guess some guys don't like it. Oh well. πŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

That’s why Pittman was a good hire.

• Like 1

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/jalen-williams-arkansas-dl-announces-transfer-destination/

transfers like this I understand, transfers after a coaching change i understand.Β  Ive seen a lot of comments about NIL is causing a lot of these kids to transfer but i just dont see some booster shelling out much money for a kid who is a part time starter (fouche,brooks) maybe im wrong (im probably wrong).

1 hour ago, txk85 said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/jalen-williams-arkansas-dl-announces-transfer-destination/

transfers like this I understand, transfers after a coaching change i understand.Β  Ive seen a lot of comments about NIL is causing a lot of these kids to transfer but i just dont see some booster shelling out much money for a kid who is a part time starter (fouche,brooks) maybe im wrong (im probably wrong).

They not transferring cause of NIL, that's for sure.Β 

Β 

Like with Hornsby: I totally get it, kid wants to get on the field more, he just wouldn't get that chance at Arkansas, not with KJ at QB1 and now with Coley apparently making great strides. The staff was very much up on Renfro before he went down with a torn ACL.Β 

45 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

They not transferring cause of NIL, that's for sure.Β 

Β 

Like with Hornsby: I totally get it, kid wants to get on the field more, he just wouldn't get that chance at Arkansas, not with KJ at QB1 and now with Coley apparently making great strides. The staff was very much up on Renfro before he went down with a torn ACL.Β 

yea im sure they had the conversation of you can either move to WR/RB? or wait another year to compete for the job.Β 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Tweet from Bruce Feldman: Huge get for Arkansas: Former Alabama LB Drew Sanders announces he's transferring there to play for the Razorbacks. Former five-star recruit has great length and athleticism. Started three games last year before being sidelined by injury.

Big pickup for the Hogs. Sanders got hurt and lost his spot to a future first round pick. He will definitely help the Arkansas defense.Β 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic