🐯 LSU Tigers 2023 🐯

Stoney

On 9/5/2022 at 7:34 AM, MavGrad99 said:

everyone wants to crap on the guy… look at his resume.  If he was coaching your team with that resume, you’d be happy (minus the 💩 show last night)

I don't think he's a good fit at LSU, but for people to think he isn't a good coach is asinine. People can hate ND all they want, but he had 7 10-win seasons at ND since 2011. 

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

LSU needs to give him a chance.  My gosh, calling for him to be fired already is stupid.  

those people are idiots.  they have every right to be angry about what they saw on the field in week 1, but firing the coach after 1 game is stupid.  He basically has a running QB and 4 good WRs and that's it.  

It scares me that the cupboard was either that bare, or didn't get developed under Ed O.

Anyone who thought LSU was anything but a near-total rebuild was foolishly optimistic.

Even though LSU will always have athletic talent, they had very little systems, processes, and structure under Ed O. It worked fine when they had (arguably) the greatest college QB in modern history, a savant at play design in Joe Brady,  and NFL-caliber talent at key roles. But it broke down when the Tigahs couldn't just overwhelm opposing teams with offensive firepower and opportunistic defense. 

Kelly has never been an instant-turnaround kinda guy. If you look at his career, it's always taken him at least a season or two to get his system and culture in place. LSU fans would be wise to just consider 2022 purely an evaluation year. For his staff as well as players. Kelly needs to see what kind of tools he has to work with. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see LSU overcome a slow start to catch fire toward the end of the season. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2022 at 1:19 PM, Mr. P said:

Y'all can laugh at his cringe awkwardness, but my money says LSU shows significant improvement in Year 1

SEC better watch out, Kelly is not a coach to be taken lightly. 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:52 AM, Mr. P said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see LSU overcome a slow start to catch fire toward the end of the season

👀

On 1/3/2022 at 1:19 PM, Mr. P said:

Y'all can laugh at his cringe awkwardness, but my money says LSU shows significant improvement in Year 1. 

SEC better watch out, Kelly is not a coach to be taken lightly. 

You are correct, Kelly wins lots of games, but can't break through on the big ones though. Especially when you are at a University that gives you everything you want, can recruit nationwide, having a fanbase that spans the country. And yes, he made it to the "show" 2-3 times, but could even keep most of the games close. Until he wins the "big one".....there will always be some doubts about him. 

But he does win, where ever he has been. 

Grand Vallley State--118-35-2

Central Michigan--19-16

Cincinnati--34-6 

Notre Dame--92-39

LSU--6-2 at the moment and could end up 10-2 prior to championship game, or 7 -5 if they lose to Alabama, Arkansas, & A&M--I think they will pretty handily beat UAB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

You are correct, Kelly wins lots of games, but can't break through on the big ones though. Especially when you are at a University that gives you everything you want, can recruit nationwide, having a fanbase that spans the country. And yes, he made it to the "show" 2-3 times, but could even keep most of the games close. Until he wins the "big one".....there will always be some doubts about him. 

But he does win, where ever he has been. 

Grand Vallley State--118-35-2

Central Michigan--19-16

Cincinnati--34-6 

Notre Dame--92-39

LSU--6-2 at the moment and could end up 10-2 prior to championship game, or 7 -5 if they lose to Alabama, Arkansas, & A&M--I think they will pretty handily beat UAB.

If they lose to Arkansas, A&M or UAB, I will be highly disappointed.  All 3 of those teams are a different kind of mess.  I don't think LSU plays good enough defense to stop Alabama.  I believe the Tide wins by 20, just because of the depth at LSU is not ideal.

15 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

If they lose to Arkansas, A&M or UAB, I will be highly disappointed.  All 3 of those teams are a different kind of mess.  I don't think LSU plays good enough defense to stop Alabama.  I believe the Tide wins by 20, just because of the depth at LSU is not ideal.

Well according to some, the SEC is the only thing----therefore on any given night.......and If they don't be UAB....well, ....

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Did you expect this in Kelly's first year? I didn't. I have been very impressed with the defense in the 2nd half of games as well as the young o line. I think they are building a good team!

53 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Did you expect this in Kelly's first year? I didn't. I have been very impressed with the defense in the 2nd half of games as well as the young o line. I think they are building a good team!

I expected a 6-6 kind of season, but not with wins over Ole Miss etc.  They lost too much in the portal.  What Brian Kelly has done is amazing, no matter how LSU finishes the season.

Think about this, if they beat Alabama, they are basically on a mostly clear path to the SEC West title to face UGA or Tennessee for the SEC Championship.  This would be the absolutely worst built team for that kind of run in the SEC West.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 3:45 PM, MavGrad99 said:

I expected a 6-6 kind of season, but not with wins over Ole Miss etc.  They lost too much in the portal.  What Brian Kelly has done is amazing, no matter how LSU finishes the season.

Think about this, if they beat Alabama, they are basically on a mostly clear path to the SEC West title to face UGA or Tennessee for the SEC Championship.  This would be the absolutely worst built team for that kind of run in the SEC West.

Well. It happened! They are in the driver seat now. Arkansas and A&M will be tough but I think they can pull it out. 

2 hours ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Well. It happened! They are in the driver seat now. Arkansas and A&M will be tough but I think they can pull it out. 

Daniels (LSU QB) looks like a Jr or Senior with his growth this year.  It was rough week 1.  Seeing where he is now is exciting