Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

It's so true.  Then there is this one UT fan I follow, Austin Chitlum or something, who tries to be good UT fan.  Insults OU fan.  Then makes a tiktok of something dumb.  Then gets roasted by OU and UT fans.  Then he comes back and cries about why no one likes him.  Easy answer:  quit doing dumb #### @lion70

48 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Twitter is where brain cells go to die lol 

Twitter is basically a virtue signalers heaven

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WETSU said:

Twitter COULD be great. Nothing that sensors people to that extent can be great. 

Twitter in the early days was awesome. Nothing was censored. You had comedians making offensive jokes. People ripping on each other mercilessly. There were so many parody accounts that were appallingly vulgar. You could get into a Twitter fight with some celebrity and no one cared, it didn't become BREAKING NEWS. 

It was great. 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

That would be a good pickup. He play a lot before a injury. 

Somebody crystal balled him to Texas and the TCU DE may end up at Texas as well.  Mario Williams is currently on an OV at Texas, but seems like he's going to follow Caleb Williams wherever he goes.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 12:48 PM, JustAFan11 said:

That would be a good pickup. He play a lot before a injury. 

Sanders is definitely a stud. I was hoping he would stay at BAMA because I felt he had a good chance to move to ILB and start. I can see one or both of our starting ILBs going pro, although I think they both benefit from another year of college ball. Billingsley is an athletic freak, but kinda turned into a head case this year after having a breakout year in 2020. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 9:52 AM, JustAFan11 said:

Sounds like Texas is going to hire Gary Patterson in an off field role. 

The talks have been heating up but no one knows what his title or what capacity he’ll help the program. 
Texas does have a job listed for Assistant to the Head Coach. Which is new

This is a tweet from Brian Davis

Texas has a new job posting for "Special Assistant to the Head Coach." Job requires you to assist with game day prep, self-scout. You also need a class "C" driver's license, probably to drive down from Fort Worth.

A mod on hornsports reported that Patterson was on the UT campus "working" on Tuesday

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas has Alabama transfers Drew Sanders and Jahleel Billingsly on campus this weekend. 

https://www.on3.com/college/texas-longhorns/news/alabama-crimson-tide-tight-end-jahleel-billingsley-making-first-transfer-visit-texas-longhorns-austin-jeff-banks-steve-sarkisian/?ute_source=social&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sec_country&fbclid=IwAR2_H8eDkh6S-AMkoIbgN9wFcZTMWW0-99zCzTP5ZFJFFo0zluwvljRk2Ak

Either would be a big pickup for the Horns. Both would be huge. Billingsley flourished under Sark because Sark was creative with how he used him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I'm hearing from people in the know that Billingsley is a shoe in. I think Sanders ends up at OU or USC

22 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'm hearing from people in the know that Billingsley is a shoe in. I think Sanders ends up at OU or USC

Billingsley is an undersized TE with WR speed. BAMA had him returning kickoffs in 2020 after Jaylen Waddle got hurt. He appeared to have good chemistry with Sark and worked his way into a starting role. He missed part of August camp while in Covid protocol and I think got in the doghouse with Saban because he kinda felt entitled to the starting spot once he was cleared to practice. By the time he got his head screwed on straight, Cameron Latu had earned the reps, and O’Brien didn’t seem like he was real big on using the TE in his offense. If Ewers is indeed the stud QB that he’s made out to be, Sark will have an offense that will be hard to stop. 

45 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Billingsley is an undersized TE with WR speed. BAMA had him returning kickoffs in 2020 after Jaylen Waddle got hurt. He appeared to have good chemistry with Sark and worked his way into a starting role. He missed part of August camp while in Covid protocol and I think got in the doghouse with Saban because he kinda felt entitled to the starting spot once he was cleared to practice. By the time he got his head screwed on straight, Cameron Latu had earned the reps, and O’Brien didn’t seem like he was real big on using the TE in his offense. If Ewers is indeed the stud QB that he’s made out to be, Sark will have an offense that will be hard to stop. 

I read where he was having bad practice habits after he thought he was a shoe in as a starter. I think Saban told him he would be better off leaving. Same for Sanders, if it wasn't for injuries, he would have never seen the field and the future was probably holding the same thing. 

But I think they would both fit in at Texas.

8 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I read where he was having bad practice habits after he thought he was a shoe in as a starter. I think Saban told him he would be better off leaving. Same for Sanders, if it wasn't for injuries, he would have never seen the field and the future was probably holding the same thing. 

But I think they would both fit in at Texas.

Sanders was starting at OLB after Chris Allen got hurt and was progressing nicely. Then he got hurt and Dallas Turner really became a playmaker once he got the opportunity. Not sure how that would have turned out had Sanders not injured his hand. 

9 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Sanders was starting at OLB after Chris Allen got hurt and was progressing nicely. Then he got hurt and Dallas Turner really became a playmaker once he got the opportunity. Not sure how that would have turned out had Sanders not injured his hand. 

Yes and he seen that and barring injury Dallas will be the starter next year. They are comparing him to Anderson so playing time would be very limited at edge rusher for Bama. I think they liked him a lot but there's more talent ahead of him. If they stay healthy Bama could have 2 1st team All Americans at edge rusher next year. Drew will make someone a very good football player but not the likes of Anderson or Turner IMO.

Plus it's a no brainer for Drew it gets him closer to home.

• Mr. P locked this topic