Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Yes and he seen that and barring injury Dallas will be the starter next year. They are comparing him to Anderson so playing time would be very limited at edge rusher for Bama. I think they liked him a lot but there's more talent ahead of him. If they stay healthy Bama could have 2 1st team All Americans at edge rusher next year. Drew will make someone a very good football player but not the likes of Anderson or Turner IMO.

Plus it's a no brainer for Drew it gets him closer to home.

Yeah I was hoping he’d stay. I felt like he had a chance to start by moving inside, but To’To’o elected to come back and we haven’t heard an announcement from Christian Harris yet. If both of those guys return, Sanders would have a very limited shot at playing time, barring injury. He was originally committed to OU before BAMA flipped him, but that was under Reilly. OU had him projected as a TE and he flipped because BAMA offered him as a OLB. With OU hiring a defensive minded coach, one can’t help but wonder if that’s where he ends up. 

17 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Yeah I was hoping he’d stay. I felt like he had a chance to start by moving inside, but To’To’o elected to come back and we haven’t heard an announcement from Christian Harris yet. If both of those guys return, Sanders would have a very limited shot at playing time, barring injury. He was originally committed to OU before BAMA flipped him, but that was under Reilly. OU had him projected as a TE and he flipped because BAMA offered him as a OLB. With OU hiring a defensive minded coach, one can’t help but wonder if that’s where he ends up. 

He's projected as the #4 LB in the draft. I would be surprised if he come back but who knows.

38 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I didn't realize Longhorn baseball was back like that.  Hopefully, a better version of "back" than the football team.

They return pretty much everyone, minus a couple that will be backfilled with some serious talent. Biggest loss was 1st rounder RHP Ty Madden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Less than a year ago rumor was he wouldn't qualify academically and teams supposedly backed off.

This is great news for the kid. I remember A&M was very interested in the kid but like you said sort of pursued other guys thinking he was not going to qualify. It worked out for A&M of course and I’m glad that it also appears to be working out for the kid as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I didn't realize Longhorn baseball was back like that.  Hopefully, a better version of "back" than the football team.

Pitching will keep them in most every game.  Tristan Stevens and Pete Hanson would be Friday night starters at a bunch of programs and rumor is Tanner Witt may be the Friday guy at Texas.

14 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Pitching will keep them in most every game.  Tristan Stevens and Pete Hanson would be Friday night starters at a bunch of programs and rumor is Tanner Witt may be the Friday guy at Texas.

And what's crazy about that is Witt is only a sophomore and was coming out of the pen last year. I would not be disappointed at all if he was the Friday night starter and they keep Hansen-Saturday and Stevens-Sunday.

• Mr. P locked this topic