Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

55 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

And what's crazy about that is Witt is only a sophomore and was coming out of the pen last year. I would not be disappointed at all if he was the Friday night starter and they keep Hansen-Saturday and Stevens-Sunday.

Yeah we got a glimpse of what Witt can do when extended out when he went 5.2 scoreless innings against Tennessee in the CWS.

3 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Yeah we got a glimpse of what Witt can do when extended out when he went 5.2 scoreless innings against Tennessee in the CWS.

He was nails against TCU as well. Him and Nixon were two guys that really impressed me, and both were freshman last year. 

Texas baseball is going to be fun to watch. Lost Zubia but kept Melendez. Lost Williams at 3rd but picked KUs all conference 3rd baseman Messinger. Lost Antico in CF but get Todd back after missing last year with injuries. Madden is gone from Friday night starter but everyone on the pitching staff is back and get Duplantier back and add some young good arms. 

This team should be in Omaha for sure but gotta prove it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas baseball is going to be fun to watch. Lost Zubia but kept Melendez. Lost Williams at 3rd but picked KUs all conference 3rd baseman Messinger. Lost Antico in CF but get Todd back after missing last year with injuries. Madden is gone from Friday night starter but everyone on the pitching staff is back and get Duplantier back and add some young good arms. 

This team should be in Omaha for sure but gotta prove it. 

Also got a transfer from Vandy who could factor in somewhere on the INF.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 3:13 PM, Baron said:

I'm surprised no one has brought up the Neyor commitment. He's the perfect piece to pair with Worthy. If JWhitt can stay healthy that is a tremendous trio.

definitely would have to be one of the more dynamic in college football if the O-LINE can gel and give Ewers or Card time. 

I hope that Sark will maintain creativity in his calling like he does in the first 15 plays each game many times (or atleast 1st half of the season when they were scoring with crazy abandon).

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 3:13 PM, Baron said:

I'm surprised no one has brought up the Neyor commitment. He's the perfect piece to pair with Worthy. If JWhitt can stay healthy that is a tremendous trio.

So I saw your post but it didn’t register to me until we got home from being out of town last week.

This is a big time pick up. If the oline can improve over the spring, this offense can be really good. Spring is going to be fun. 

• Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 10:28 AM, PelvisPresley said:

definitely would have to be one of the more dynamic in college football if the O-LINE can gel and give Ewers or Card time. 

I hope that Sark will maintain creativity in his calling like he does in the first 15 plays each game many times (or atleast 1st half of the season when they were scoring with crazy abandon).

On 1/24/2022 at 1:18 PM, JustAFan11 said:

So I saw your post but it didn’t register to me until we got home from being out of town last week.

This is a big time pick up. If the oline can improve over the spring, this offense can be really good. Spring is going to be fun. 

I think we can assume that the OL will progress under the tutelage of Flood. It can't get worse, coaches don't lose IQ points just by moving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Texas basketball still stinks,  the offense is about as bad as what Shaka had.  Awful

Texas is really, really good on defense. And really, really struggle on offense. I think Beard is going to get it going, but it wasn’t an instant fix and the fact that he has them competitive this year speaks volumes in my opinion. Gotta nail the recruiting to but no reason to think he won’t. 

I'm going to play the other side of the fence here, regarding Texas basketball.

It's Beard's first season....first. And he's coaching a team filled with mostly transfers. If any of you actually entered this season expecting an undefeated season, B12 Championship, Final 4 appearance, or NC, you need to get your head out of the clouds and come back down to earth. 

7 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

One the best decisions I’ve made in life is to stop watching basketball regularly. Not just Texas but all of it. 
Beard gives off Herman vibes to me. 

Every time I’ve watched Texas basketball the last 10 years I’ve been frustrated.  It’s the same thing.  One man dribbling and the rest standing around

Just now, Lobo97 said:

I'm going to play the other side of the fence here, regarding Texas basketball.

It's Beard's first season....first. And he's coaching a team filled with mostly transfers. If any of you actually entered this season expecting an undefeated season, B12 Championship, Final 4 appearance, or NC, you need to get your head out of the clouds and come back down to earth. 

I expect an offense that moves, sets picks, and tries to get people open.  I’m still not seeing it.  I’m tired of seeing big buys (with big hair, not that that matters) who suck.  The last couple of big guys that could play underneath were Barnes’ guys.  

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Every time I’ve watched Texas basketball the last 10 years I’ve been frustrated.  It’s the same thing.  One man dribbling and the rest standing around

That is 90% of basketball programs' offense... including the NBA.  1 guy penetrate, the rest stand outside and take a kick out pass, shoot or fake the 3, penetrate if you don't shoot, rinse repeat.  Auburn is using a post... that is why they are #1 in the nation this year.  They are doing something that no one else can or will do.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I expect an offense that moves, sets picks, and tries to get people open.  I’m still not seeing it.  I’m tired of seeing big buys (with big hair, not that that matters) who suck.  The last couple of big guys that could play underneath were Barnes’ guys.  

Okay, but you have to give it time. Again, it's year 1. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic