Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

10 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Texas baseball shuts out TX A&M-CC tonight 12-0.  5 pitchers combined for the 2-hit shutout.

Of note, the Islanders started its ace/#1 pitcher in this game.

I know it’s early but the pitching staff as a whole is so good. 
Pierce has the luxury of not throwing a pitcher twice in a weekend, unless he wants too. 

Duplantier was really good last night. He was a bad hop away from not allowing a hit last night. 
The offense just kept coming. Seemed like they had at least 2 runners on in every inning. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Texas baseball shuts out TX A&M-CC tonight 12-0.  5 pitchers combined for the 2-hit shutout.

Of note, the Islanders started its ace/#1 pitcher in this game.

If you want to know how good Texas' bullpen is, the Horns threw 5 guys for a total of 122 pitches. Only allowing two hits.

Texas A&M - CC threw 5 guys for a total of 211 pitches and allowed 14 hits.

Texas threw the same amount of guys but almost 100 pitches less than the Islanders. The offense can take some of that credit for getting hits but also discipline at the plate, drawing 8 walks. This team is tough to get out. 

• Like 1

Texas looked terrible tonight.  Won 5-4 over the Islanders.  Only gave up 2 hits, but errors and HBP's lead to 4 unearned runs.  Left to many guys on base as well.  I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss though, and every team in the country has games like this.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Texas looked terrible tonight.  Won 5-4 over the Islanders.  Only gave up 2 hits, but errors and HBP's lead to 4 unearned runs.  Left to many guys on base as well.  I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss though, and every team in the country has games like this.

Was a rough one for sure. Very windy as well as cold. The bullpen was lights out again though. 

51 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Was a rough one for sure. Very windy as well as cold. The bullpen was lights out again though. 

I thought the weather was the reason as well, but someone who follows Texas closely posted that the players got lax and that it would be addressed going forward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

This is LOL funny hahahah

On a serious note, the Tech fans raising hell about a few Texas fans flipping the bird is rich after all the crap they pulled a few weeks ago when Texas rolled into Lubbock.

It’s all drunken stupidity

22 hours ago, Red90fly said:

UT may have gotten too casual, but at the same time, it’s baseball. What I mean in saying, “it’s baseball”, is any given day any team can beat another, which is why we play a series of playoff games to see which team is the best.

I am obviously very encouraged by the start to the season for the Longhorns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

UT may have gotten too casual, but at the same time, it’s baseball. What I mean in saying, “it’s baseball”, is any given day any team can beat another, which is why we play a series of playoff games to see which team is the best.

I am obviously very encouraged by the start to the season for the Longhorns.

My school’s baseball team would put this logic to bed. 

• LOL! 1

3 game series starts with Alabama today.  They are 5-0, but not sure how they are projected to do in the SEC??  Then Tuesday @ SHSU, who just took down #4 Oklahoma State in a mid-week game.  Next weekend in the Classic against Tennessee, LSU, and UCLA.  

Definately a step up in competition this upcoming week, I'm excited to watch it.  I'll take 5-2 in that 7 game stretch.  The pitching will keep Texas in most every game.

Gun to my head if I was picking 2 losses from this stretch, I'd say the SHSU game and the Saturday game against LSU.  Sounds like LSU is real good offensively and they'll face Stevens.  Stevens isn't a strike out pitcher, so I'd expect LSU to get its share of hits if they are as advertised offensively.

Texas got a 1-0 win on a wild pitch in the 7th. 
Hansen was great tonight in 5 innings, gave up 4 hits and had 8Ks. 

Wind was blowing in hard tonight. Both clubs had some hard hit balls die in the cold wind. Found a way to win on a rough night. Bullpen was great again too, Nixon got the save tonight getting the final 5 outs. 

47 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas got a 1-0 win on a wild pitch in the 7th. 
Hansen was great tonight in 5 innings, gave up 4 hits and had 8Ks. 

Wind was blowing in hard tonight. Both clubs had some hard hit balls die in the cold wind. Found a way to win on a rough night. Bullpen was great again too, Nixon got the save tonight getting the final 5 outs. 

I had to record the game and got a late start and just finished.  Pitching got out if a few jams and yeah, some really hard hit balls that just died tonight.  I'm not very optimistic tomorrow's game gets played with the weather.

• Like 1

Solid weekend of baseball for the Horns. Getting Witt to go 6 today was nice to see. Been impressed with the level of focus for the players. Sometimes when A team brings back a lot from the previous year, the players can get relaxed and lose focus. 

The sweep insures Texas will have that #1 ranking when they show up in Houston this coming weekend. 

Duplantier will probably get the ball Tuesday vs SHSU. 

22 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Solid weekend of baseball for the Horns. Getting Witt to go 6 today was nice to see. Been impressed with the level of focus for the players. Sometimes when A team brings back a lot from the previous year, the players can get relaxed and lose focus. 

The sweep insures Texas will have that #1 ranking when they show up in Houston this coming weekend. 

Duplantier will probably get the ball Tuesday vs SHSU. 

It's crazy that the Sunday starter for Texas has the best stuff of the weekend rotation.  Witt would be a Friday guy for a lot of programs.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic