Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

1 minute ago, Red90fly said:

Texas drops its first game of the year to UCLA 5-1.

The Horns slept walk through that game.
We did get a chance to see a lot different arms in pressure situations. 

All in all a good weekend for the Horns. As long as Witt isn’t anything serious, all is well. 

Imagine having a 1 run lead with 1 out in the bottom of the 9th and being so concerned about giving up a hit you walk the bases loaded. And the waving bye from the pitcher after the strikeout was BS. Concerned that we didn’t score a run after the 4th inning. 

10 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Imagine having a 1 run lead with 1 out in the bottom of the 9th and being so concerned about giving up a hit you walk the bases loaded. And the waving bye from the pitcher after the strikeout was BS. Concerned that we didn’t score a run after the 4th inning. 

Not mad about it. He definitely shouldn't have walked the bases loaded and he was getting an earful from their student section. Finally reached in his pocket and found his stones to close it out. Bent but didn't break.

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Not mad about it. He definitely shouldn't have walked the bases loaded and he was getting an earful from their student section. Finally reached in his pocket and found his stones to close it out. Bent but didn't break.

I get that, but the wave is just proof to me that the fans got to him. Imagine that scenario in College Station... I also didn't like the fact that we weren't challenging their hitters with bases empty or a man on first. It was a cold night, and the ball was not traveling like normal. The weak ground ball that allowed a force play to 3rd was a savior.

11 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I get that, but the wave is just proof to me that the fans got to him. Imagine that scenario in College Station... I also didn't like the fact that we weren't challenging their hitters with bases empty or a man on first. It was a cold night, and the ball was not traveling like normal. The weak ground ball that allowed a force play to 3rd was a savior.

Can't say I disagree with you there. I was getting frustrated that he couldn't throw a strike. Let your defense do the work. It was weird to see Nixon struggle that much.

It was weird that all of the pitchers struggled to throw strikes last night. I listened on the radio call and Way and Zonk made it sound like the strike zone was more hitter friendly. Which would make more sense than our best bullpen guys just couldn’t throw a strike. Pierce and Allen both had conversations with the plate umpire.

I think state got a hometown friendly umpire behind the plate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

I wouldn't say we weren't trying to challenge the hitters in the 9th...he was just totally off, missing everything.

Texas St got there revenge last night, winning 6-4 in Austin. The bobcats really wanted this game for RPI purposes to boost their resume. They move to 11-3 with the win. 

These are good midweek games for Texas. David Pierce was ejected late in this one for arguing balls and strikes. Texas takes on South Carolina in Columbia this weekend. 

Just now, Red90fly said:

Big blow for Texas baseball.  Tanner Witt done for the year and will need Tommy John surgery.

Huge loss

Texas probably still has the best starting pitching in the country but they become more human and adds a little more pressure on Hansen and Stevens to pitch well and eat up more innings on Friday and Saturday nights. 

missing too many contested layups (point blank shots) because of getting horrible position on the court...moving w/o the ball, getting themselves up under/behind the basket...too often faking and then going straight up rather than jumping out into the lane while turning to use your body somewhat as a shield.

sorry y'all, I'm starting to rant...

I'm already going to have to clean up a mess in my office (I spiked my 1/2 eaten fried fish basket into the trash with such disgust that crap flew all over the place)

😡

4 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I gave up on Texas basketball a long time ago. Not saying I don't watch or cheer, but my expectations have always been really low for this program.

Chris Beard's team has been infuriating to watch. They are abysmal on offense.

One good shooter, while most top 15-20 teams have a really good shooter and one or two good shooters. 

• Mr. P locked this topic