Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

7 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Horns took down The Citadel 18-4 last night, ending the 3 game skid. After The Citadel hit a 3-run HR in the first, it was all Horns after that. Bullpen showed up. Back to Austin for the weekend hoping to build off this win!

I missed the first inning. When I turned it on and Texas was down in the first again I turned on the radio broadcast and went fishing. 

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I missed the first inning. When I turned it on and Texas was down in the first again I turned on the radio broadcast and went fishing. 

Same. I listened to Craig Way from the second inning on. Might've given us some good juju lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Baron said:

Texas does what most thought they couldn't, beat Va Tech 81-73. All five starters in double digits and 52.6% on 3 pointers.

Va Tech was one of the hottest teams coming into the tournament going 13-2 in the last 15 games plus winning the ACC tournament.

17 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Va Tech was one of the hottest teams coming into the tournament going 13-2 in the last 15 games plus winning the ACC tournament.

Exactly. That's why I didn't pick Texas. But I can live with that. lol

14 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Good win for Texas basketball and the womens team as well. 

Texas baseball had a great night at the plate. Murphy Stehly continues to rake and be a huge boost with Todd going down. 

What happened to Todd. I missed that.

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Texas hired Beard for his success in March. That is why I did pick Texas.

They need to hit from the outside......they have some very athletic players, but sometimes can't hit the 3's at all.  If they get hot in this tournament.....I would call them a "dangerous" team to face.

These have been some foul calling happy refs tonight. 
Texas has fought hard tonight refusing to go away quietly when down and Purdue having been in the double bonus with 11:37 remaining in the game; that is just ridiculous.

UT’s best scorer fouled out with over 7 minutes remaining.

Texas baseball got back to business this weekend. UIW isn’t exactly great competition but Texas did what a top team should do to mediocre teams. 

Central Arkansas comes in on Tuesday night before Texas opens Big 12 play in Lubbock this weekend. 

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Tough loss last night for Texas. Despite the free throw discrepancy, if Texas had a knock down corner shooter I think they pull that game out. 

The officiating was bad, but you're right. Not being able to score for 8 minutes straight is a killer. I was surprised they were still in it at the half.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas baseball got back to business this weekend. UIW isn’t exactly great competition but Texas did what a top team should do to mediocre teams. 

Central Arkansas comes in on Tuesday night before Texas opens Big 12 play in Lubbock this weekend. 

Murphy Stehly is on fire.

• Like 1

Texas takes down Central Arkansas 7-2.

The offense seems to have found a good rhythm (knock on wood). I'm still concerned with our pitching after Hansen/Stevens, but Pierce might have found something positive now after that rough week after losing Witt.

The series against Tech this weekend will be huge. Expecting a very hostile crowd, but if we can come away with the series I feel confident moving forward.

Texas A&M comes to the Disch next Tuesday.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 8:20 AM, PelvisPresley said:

what happened for Tre Mitchell to quit? I felt like he was seriously our best player, as I watched.

I read that he didn't like the hard coaching he was getting.

• LOL! 1
  • Angry 1

On 3/21/2022 at 10:02 AM, JustAFan11 said:

Tough loss last night for Texas. Despite the free throw discrepancy, if Texas had a knock down corner shooter I think they pull that game out. 

Texas needs to be more disciplined and avoid all the fouls. And the scoring drought in the first half did not help matters.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic