Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

On 4/20/2022 at 7:56 AM, ETXfan16 said:

This WR group is going to be absolutely nasty.

Now if only the Oline can give Ewers/Card the time to throw.

I am a proponent of the Embarrassment of Riches concept. Case in point the 2018 DB class. Sterns, Foster, Jameson, Green and Cook. 

1 hour ago, Baron said:

I am a proponent of the Embarrassment of Riches concept. Case in point the 2018 DB class. Sterns, Foster, Jameson, Green and Cook. 

Jameson is the only one that’s made plays at Texas.  Sterns was good as a freshman and stayed burnt the next two

12 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I swear non Longhorn fans seem to follow them more than even Longhorn fans do. 

I swear I can't even look at OU Twitter without USC trolls crashing every other post. I'm sure USC fans feel that way about OU rage tweeters. 

• LOL! 1

26 minutes ago, LOL said:

I swear I can't even look at OU Twitter without USC trolls crashing every other post. I'm sure USC fans feel that way about OU rage tweeters. 

I can imagine. Of course, both sides have plenty of reason to right now, lol.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

I gotta stay off twitter lol. All jokes aside, the toxicity between fan bases on that app is actually disgusting (especially the Texas/Texas A&M fans).

I have a lot of Aggies and Longhorns in my family and we are always cordial, even when we banter. Heck, I don't EVER root for A&M, but I do enjoy seeing the Aggies side of the fam happy when A&M wins. I support that. But the things people argue about on twitter between both schools is so toxic and stupid that I legit question how some people can be genuinely happy with their lives when it seems like their entire existence is solely dependent on this obsession they have with their rival.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I swear non Longhorn fans seem to follow them more than even Longhorn fans do. 

Yup. The lack of depth comes from current injuries and some kids not being on campus yet. Don't get why this is such a big deal. We know how depleted the Oline has been which is why they signed 6-7 lineman this recruiting cycle. 

• Like 1

Despite the struggles with the bullpen, #10 Texas has a chance to take over first place in the Big12 this weekend with a series vs #8 Oklahoma St. 

Texas sits 3rd in the Big12 standing behind TCU and OkSt. Texas won their series vs TCU already this season. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Despite the struggles with the bullpen, #10 Texas has a chance to take over first place in the Big12 this weekend with a series vs #8 Oklahoma St. 

Texas sits 3rd in the Big12 standing behind TCU and OkSt. Texas won their series vs TCU already this season. 

They certainly looked like the team we saw earlier in the season against Baylor. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:47 AM, WETSU said:

This is just ESPNs FPI ranking. It’s not their preseason ranking. Basically this fpi thing is just a ESPN computer model. It doesn’t have any bearing on what the real rankings are. 

Yeah, its their "where they should end up based off of these complicated statistical computer calculations."

Blah! Texas drops a huge series to OkSt in ugly fashion today. 
After an 8-6 loss last night in a back and forth game 1. Texas was soundly beaten today 14-3. They’ll look to salvage game 3 tomorrow, where they are undefeated in conference play. 

This loss probably puts an end to hopes of a national seed and puts hosting a regional on thin ice. The pitching staff has continues to get worse since losing Tanner Witt. It’s really crazy how this team started so hot and didn’t lose their first game until Witts scratched start vs UCLA since then it’s been a completely different pitching staff. The offense is the only reason this team has a chance to host a regional. 

4 minutes ago, THSguy said:

No Longhorns taken in the NFL draft this year.  Did you think you would ever see that?  Any Longhorn fans care to weigh in on the reasons why?

It’s not even the 1st time it’s happened the last decade. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THSguy said:

No Longhorns taken in the NFL draft this year.  Did you think you would ever see that?  Any Longhorn fans care to weigh in on the reasons why?

Simple.  Lack of player development.  There have been a few that were UDFA's of late that have gone on to do well in the league.

2 hours ago, THSguy said:

Texas fans have been telling everyone these last couple seasons that Texas was lacking talent and development. 

Strong and Herman really struggled with developing players and elite talent has been leaving Texas for SEC and Ohio St for years. 

Some of these guys will stick as free agents like, Poona Ford, Lil Jordan Humphrey, Andrew Beck, PJ Locke, and Calvin Anderson. 

I believe that Sark has hired really well and is assembling some talent. We’ll see if they can develop. 

• Mr. P locked this topic