Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

55 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas fans have been telling everyone these last couple seasons that Texas was lacking talent and development. 

Strong and Herman really struggled with developing players and elite talent has been leaving Texas for SEC and Ohio St for years. 

Some of these guys will stick as free agents like, Poona Ford, Lil Jordan Humphrey, Andrew Beck, PJ Locke, and Calvin Anderson. 

I believe that Sark has hired really well and is assembling some talent. We’ll see if they can develop. 

I don’t completely agree with that first part. There is talent there. The problem is development like you said, but mostly this is still after 10+ years a culture problem not a talent problem. How many times have we looked at a Texas staff and said the same exact things you said at the end. “I believe coach X has hired well and is assembling talent… etc.”  To me Sark is just the same as the last 2 at this moment. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I don’t completely agree with that first part. There is talent there. The problem is development like you said, but mostly this is still after 10+ years a culture problem not a talent problem. How many times have we looked at a Texas staff and said the same exact things you said at the end. “I believe coach X has hired well and is assembling talent… etc.”  To me Sark is just the same as the last 2 at this moment. 

E7F8F88F-7F63-4730-9BC3-402571836B74.jpeg

Do you think Beamer at V.Tech or Dabo at Clemsom would have had the runs that they had in today's microwave got to win now times. Do you think that after their first 2 or 3 years they would have been in the hot seat or fired. Not everybody inherits a program like Oklahoma or Ohio St. right out of the bat like Day and Riley. I don't know if Sark is going to get the job done either but you sure cannot judge him by 1 years worth of work. Their was a time when you given at least enough time to get your type of players in to see it it was going to work out or not.

• Like 3

The baseball team has had the wheels fall off it seems. It’s crazy how this team went from the clear front runner to now probably a 2 seed in a regional. But keep them out of the College station regional if we host one lol. The Texas team looks like it could be that underachieving team that turns it on when it matters and makes a post season run. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

The baseball team has had the wheels fall off it seems. It’s crazy how this team went from the clear front runner to now probably a 2 seed in a regional. But keep them out of the College station regional if we host one lol. The Texas team looks like it could be that underachieving team that turns it on when it matters and makes a post season run. 

Baseball is a funny game. If a couple bullpen arms figure it out over the next month they’ll be that team no one wants to see in their regional. The lack of a veteran presence in the bullpen has really hurt the young guys that were very good to start the season. 

So Texas has 2 players that were approached and offered lucrative deals to enter the portal and transfer to their program. One of those players is Xavier Worthy. 

So is this what we’re now allowing? Just offer any player you want? If this is what the NCAA is now going for, then college sports as we knew it is gone. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

So Texas has 2 players that were approached and offered lucrative deals to enter the portal and transfer to their program. One of those players is Xavier Worthy. 

So is this what we’re now allowing? Just offer any player you want? If this is what the NCAA is now going for, then college sports as we knew it is gone. 

Who is offering?

10 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Who is offering?

My bet is Lincoln Riley. He’s looking for the quick fix instead of recruiting hard and building his roster. He was spoiled at OU, Stoops left him and OU in a great spot to run with a ready to win roster. Clay Helton left USC in rough shape. 

Lucky for him USC recruits itself and there isn’t much competition for top recruits on the west coast. Still it’s going to be interesting to see if Riley can build his own program. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

WETSU you know Jimbo wouldn’t know what to do with an elite wide receiver. 

Somebody has to run the routes that keep a safety occupied to open up the true weapons aka TEs. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

My bet is Lincoln Riley. He’s looking for the quick fix instead of recruiting hard and building his roster. He was spoiled at OU, Stoops left him and OU in a great spot to run with a ready to win roster. Clay Helton left USC in rough shape. 

Lucky for him USC recruits itself and there isn’t much competition for top recruits on the west coast. Still it’s going to be interesting to see if Riley can build his own program. 

Texas definitely hasn't taken any transfer portal guys to try to make a quick fix at a position under Sark.

I highly doubt Lincoln Riley talked to Worthy, but you know who probably did? Caleb Williams

You can't fix this problem until you find a way to police players from recruiting other players.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I highly doubt Lincoln Riley talked to Worthy, but you know who probably did? Caleb Williams

Yes, but also no.

I'm sure *Lincoln* never spoke with Worthy just like *Lincoln* never spoke with USC.   👀

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 8:03 AM, WETSU said:

Somebody has to run the routes that keep a safety occupied to open up the true weapons aka TEs. 

Okay... I LOL'd at this! Like I stated prior - whatever moves the chains!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Anyone want to take a stab at how the QB position shakes out before fall camp? 

Card or Ewers? 
Will Sark play both? 

Card starts. Ewers has far more arm talent, but Card has more game-speed snaps. 

Both will play. Sark will give Ewers ever opportunity to steal the spot. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 1:01 PM, WETSU said:

LSU has had a similar season, with an eerily similar team to Texas

2 hours ago, LOL said:

Card starts. Ewers has far more arm talent, but Card has more game-speed snaps. 

Both will play. Sark will give Ewers ever opportunity to steal the spot. 

I can't help but think of the line from Thanos, in Infinity War, when I read this comment.

Loki: "I have experience"

Thanos: "If you consider losing experience"

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I can't help but think of the line from Thanos, in Infinity War, when I read this comment.

Loki: "I have experience"

Thanos: "If you consider losing experience"

Hahaha! Kinda like, "Not all pain is gain."    ;) 

On 5/2/2022 at 8:54 PM, Lobo97 said:

Don’t know. The report just said it was a Power 5 school for each player approached. 

The rumor mill has USC approaching Worthy and Oregon talking to Barron. Narduzzi at Pitt has already accused Riley of tampering.

• Mr. P locked this topic