Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

On 5/3/2022 at 10:06 AM, Valhalla said:

Texas definitely hasn't taken any transfer portal guys to try to make a quick fix at a position under Sark.

I highly doubt Lincoln Riley talked to Worthy, but you know who probably did? Caleb Williams

You can't fix this problem until you find a way to police players from recruiting other players.

If a player is on the roster then he becomes an agent of that school. Still tampering. That's how you fix that. Attach punitive punishments to the player and/or school.

On 5/4/2022 at 11:58 AM, LOL said:

Card starts. Ewers has far more arm talent, but Card has more game-speed snaps. 

Both will play. Sark will give Ewers ever opportunity to steal the spot. 

Ewers from day one. Card can't beat Alabama IMO, and Ewers needs all the snaps from Week 1 to prepare.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas has Pitt WR transfer Jordan Addison on campus for an official visit. I think Texas is a long shot and I think he’s just giving his former position coach a courtesy visit. 

He has to make it look like he is going through the process even though he had a spot at USC before he even entered the portal.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, thegreatbambino said:

Texas has battled their way into the Big 12 Championship Game tomorrow against OU. 

Think this all but locks up Texas as a top 16 seed and a regional host.

I wonder if they will go ahead and pair them with A&M in the supers. 

12 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Chris Del Conte was an excellent hire at AD.  Texas already has 4 team NC this year with a chance for 4 more. 

The 4 they’ve already won ties a single season record for Texas. 

People who project the Directors Cup seem to think Texas will win their second in a row.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Besides football, has Texas had a bad season in any sport?

It’s been an incredible year for the athletic department. Especially the womens side, every sport Texas women compete in made the NCAA postseason. 

1st round loss soccer

13th place NCAA golf championship 

Elite 8 in volleyball 

Elite 8 in basketball

3rd in indoor track & field

2nd in softball

2nd in swimming & diving

national champions in rowing

national champions in Tennis

ranked #1 heading in the outdoor track & field meet. 

On 6/11/2022 at 4:23 PM, Red90fly said:

Yep spoke to soon.  Had to leave the house when it was 7-2, got back and they hit the walk off.

Looking good right now. With A&M and OU already in, would be awesome for the Horns to get to match up with one or both of them!!

• Mr. P locked this topic