Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Can’t say I saw this happening. I thought Allen may take a HC gig somewhere but didn’t see him being let go. 

I am not surprised. The preseason ranking of #1 was largely based on a rotation of Hansen, Stevens, & Witt and Nixon as the stopper. Hansen with a couple exceptions pitched as expected. Can’t blamed Witt on Allen, but Stevens and Nixon regressed from last year. Gordon was a pleasant surprise, but we had no #3 starter. There was no one in bullpen that was reliable. If you cannot develop high school pitchers, you are going to have a difficult time recruiting. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Tulo was supposed to meet with USC about their head coaching opening today or tomorrow. 

Might be replacing both assistants this off-season. 

Saw a crazy stat on the USC program. They've only made one super regional since 2002 and have just two winning seasons in 16 years... Yet, they have 12 national championships.

• Wow 1

6 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Saw a crazy stat on the USC program. They've only made one super regional since 2002 and have just two winning seasons in 16 years... Yet, they have 12 national championships.

I knew they had 12 titles abs that they were all won many years ago but I didn’t realize they were that bad recently. I assume baseball isn’t a high priority in Southern Cal. 

18 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I knew they had 12 titles abs that they were all won many years ago but I didn’t realize they were that bad recently. I assume baseball isn’t a high priority in Southern Cal. 

Which is crazy, because the talent coming out of Cali is ridiculous. If those kids stay in the pac, they are going to UCLA, Stanford, or Oregon state it seems like.

I've seen quite a few kids from California playing in the SEC. Texas has quite a bit on the roster as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Arch Manning has committed to Texas! 

Wow that’s huge. 

He's going to bring a lot with him too more than likely.

Including a certain ETX 5* WR.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

We all know commitments can change, but at least The Longhorns are the front runners for the time being

I agree with your statement on most recruits, but I think his commitment is solid. Only reason he would change his mind is if Sark was not at Texas. Now we need to recruit some big uglies as the skilled players will come with the QB talent it appears Texas has amassed.

• Like 1

Sources said that Applewhite was “attached at the hip” to Simms during his visit in Austin last weekend and was a vital part to Texas sealing the deal on the visit. There is a plan in place for both to succeed in Austin.

Lol, there's a plan alright: The better QB starts, while the other sits the bench and/or transfers. Same plan everyone else has. 

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

Me too.

Several things about this… Will he stick when Texas goes 7-5 this year? If he does stick what are the chances that the qb battle between him and Ewers turn ugly. Then there’s the fact that I think he’s the most overrated prospect in the last 20 years wherever he ends up going to school… And the icing on the cake is Texas fans will now start hyping up this class like every single kid they want is going to follow arch and that this class will likely break A&Ms record class from last year, except they didn’t have to buy every player like those dirty cheating Aggies did. 

• Mr. P locked this topic