Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

13 minutes ago, LOL said:

Lol, there's a plan alright: The better QB starts, while the other sits the bench and/or transfers. Same plan everyone else has. 

In a perfect world Ewers starts this year and kills it. He has a mother great year as Arch RS his freshman year. Ewers goes to the draft and Arch takes over as a RS freshman and Texas first year in the SEC. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Several things about this… Will he stick when Texas goes 7-5 this year? If he does stick what are the chances that the qb battle between him and Ewers turn ugly. Then there’s the fact that I think he’s the most overrated prospect in the last 20 years wherever he ends up going to school… And the icing on the cake is Texas fans will now start hyping up this class like every single kid they want is going to follow arch and that this class will likely break A&Ms record class from last year, except they didn’t have to buy every player like those dirty cheating Aggies did. 

Not to mention the place that always has to many “hands in the pot” now has the Manning family to accommodate as well.

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Several things about this… Will he stick when Texas goes 7-5 this year? If he does stick what are the chances that the qb battle between him and Ewers turn ugly. Then there’s the fact that I think he’s the most overrated prospect in the last 20 years wherever he ends up going to school… And the icing on the cake is Texas fans will now start hyping up this class like every single kid they want is going to follow arch and that this class will likely break A&Ms record class from last year, except they didn’t have to buy every player like those dirty cheating Aggies did. 

He committed after they went 5-7, so not sure why this would be much of a question. 

As for other players following, I'm sure there will be a couple, but I'm also sure you won't hear any Texas fan say that this means they'll get whomever they want. 

I won't even waste my time on the troll comment at the end. Just beating a dead horse.

5 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

In a perfect world Ewers starts this year and kills it. He has a mother great year as Arch RS his freshman year. Ewers goes to the draft and Arch takes over as a RS freshman and Texas first year in the SEC. 

Sure. That makes sense. I think that's what most reasonable CFB fans are assuming UT's plan is for this. I just thought the media spin was funny. It's what I do for a living so I kinda smell my own. 
;) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

How is it hate to speculate if your coach who just went 5-7 and lost to Kansas might not make it to the 2024 season?

That is discussion not hate. 

The point being, is that you 'discuss' more that has to do with Texas than you do OU. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't really do that and then share a meme like the one you did. Most people don't comment on something as often as you do Texas unless there's an emotional tie to it. 

12 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

See? They talk about "not hating", but can't stop posting here when something big happens. 

Actions speak louder than words ;)

But doesn't that help prove my point? That they are, in fact, rivals? lol

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

They're claiming they're not any more. 

Their actions speak louder. 

I don't think that claim was made at all. Now if any OU fan on this thread wants to officially make that claim, they'll be part of a select few. 

I will reserve my excitement for once he is on campus. I will not show too much physical emotion until he wins a game.

Will also have to caution myself as well that he only plays offense, and while there are plenty of skill players potentially at his disposal, he will need a wall of big uglies to be successful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Uh this is bigger than I expected. His commitment is trending #3 nationally on Twitter. Every football talking head is tweeting about it and it’s breaking news on ESPN. 

Like I said in the other thread, this is what ESPN and talking heads wanted. Manning and Texas are PERFECT for one another. Media darlings that will forever be overhyped on name alone. There’s not a person that knows even the slightest thing about football that has watched Manning film and thinks this is the unanimous best player in the country. They are basing this solely on name. He’s a low 4 star without his family… 

• LOL! 2
  • Stinks 1

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Like I said in the other thread, this is what ESPN and talking heads wanted. Manning and Texas are PERFECT for one another. Media darlings that will forever be overhyped on name alone. There’s not a person that knows even the slightest thing about football that has watched Manning film and thinks this is the unanimous best player in the country. They are basing this solely on name. He’s a low 4 star without his family… 

No, this is the biggest commitment in the modern recruiting era according to the Athletic. Who are we to question.

58 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

How is it hate to speculate if your coach who just went 5-7 and lost to Kansas might not make it to the 2024 season?

That is discussion not hate. 

Are you thinking Bedenbaugh willbe as good a play caller as Riley was?

26 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Sark and Texas just got a huge endorsement from the most beloved family in football. Maybe in the eyes of people with football knowledge he’s not a 5 star qb but that doesn’t really matter. Perception is he’s the best player in the country. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Sark and Texas just got a huge endorsement from the most beloved family in football. Maybe in the eyes of people with football knowledge he’s not a 5 star qb but that doesn’t really matter. Perception is he’s the best player in the country. 

He had offers from nearly every major program in the country. So regardless how many 'stars' they believe he's worth, those WITH football knowledge clearly wanted him on their team. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic