Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

28 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Also, don't let WETSU lie to you.

Out of the last 14 recruiting classes, Texas has had top 5 classes 6 times, and 2 of those times have been under Sark. 

Texas even had a class ranked as low as 25, which was the Sam Ehlinger class. And several others that were in the 16-17 range. 

Narratives man. 😆 

Now pull up the rankings for the rest of the teams in the big 12…. Context matters. I already said once that Texas does not have elite talent. It’s not Bama. But it DOES have much better “talent” than the big 12 schools on average. You don’t “miss” on that many prospects for 15 years while every team in your conference just magically hit on all of theirs. It’s a developmental issue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Hearem or lobo could get in here and say the exact same things I’m saying and everyone agrees or at the very least doesn’t have a strong enough argument to go against it. The minute an Aggie says something you rage against it. 

Why are you incapable of having a discussion about Texas without dragging A&M into it or acknowledging that just because another fan says something doesn’t make it not true…

I’m not raging.  I’ve seen 15 years of your posts.  History right?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m not raging.  I’ve seen 15 years of your posts.  History right?

I’m not even sure what you’re trying to say here…. This is a common theme with you. You are often having a different conversation than everyone else in the thread. You get so caught up in trying to get over on ole Wetsu that you confuse yourself into having irrational thoughts and arguments. Just like how you started this thread pretty much agreeing with me that you’re not sold on sark, but then spinning circles trying to find a way to not agree with me on Sark. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Do you understand what you’re arguing here? First off, A&M has nothing to do with this conversation at all. Just because I’m an Aggie doesn’t make my statements any less correct.  Secondly, I never said Sark was automatically going to fail because of his past. I said he hasn’t been great in his past so he needs this year to be successful because he won’t have the long leash of someone who has proven they are that good. He could very well have a great run this year and lead Texas to a decade of success. Or he could lose to Bama by 30, spiral another season and finish 6-6 while being replaced after his first loss of year 3. I don’t know which one he’s going to do or maybe neither of them at all. I just stated I thought a good showing against Bama will help his cause a lot more than getting blown out. If you disagree that’s fine. 

Every post you make reeks with your veiled hope that Sark fails and will be kicked to the curb before he is given a chance to build a winning team .... don't even try to deny it ... it's obvious to the brain dead ..... 😂

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Actually, he's right. 

Actually, he isn't. As I've proven. 

Have a select few been under developed? Sure. Malik Jefferson comes to mind. 

But others that were so called under developed never had it to begin with....do any of you actually watch football?

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

But others that were so called under developed never hate it to begin with....do any of you actually watch football?

What have you proven? You pulled like 4 examples out of roughly 375 players. You also failed to address what I’ve said 3 times now. Yes Texas does not recruit at a Bama level. But if you are telling me they haven’t out recruited Iowa st, Kansas, Kansas St, Etc. then im not sure you actually watch football. Only an idiot would look at Texas and Iowa St and say Iowa st recruits better than Texas. False in every way imaginable. Iowa st develops talent better than Texas. Same can be said for KSU, Baylor, OSU etc. They are not out recruiting texas, they are developing better than them. 

11 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Every post you make reeks with your veiled hope that Sark fails and will be kicked to the curb before he is given a chance to build a winning team .... don't even try to deny it ... it's obvious to the brain dead ..... 😂

of course I hope sark fails. I hope Texas loses every game for the next 100 years. Don’t act like you’re over here rooting for Jimbo to win a sec title… But my feelings towards Texas do not make my statements incorrect. 

• LOL! 1

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

What have you proven? 

Well for one, according to you (and other casuals like you)....Texas was pulling in top classes every year. Wasting all of this top talent and under developing them. 

That was false. 

In fact, one class was ranked as low as 25th! Even Saban hasn't proven to develop a non top 5-10 class, so why do you expect it from Texas?

Second, I've provided multiple examples of guys that committed to Texas that were supposedly 4/5 stars that were frankly, false 4/5 star players. What I won't do, is go through each and every athlete and do the research for you.

12 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Well for one, according to you (and other casuals like you)....Texas was pulling in top classes every year. Wasting all of this top talent and under developing them. 

That was false. 

In fact, one class was ranked as low as 25th! Even Saban hasn't proven to develop a non top 5-10 class, so why do you expect it from Texas?

Second, I've provided multiple examples of guys that committed to Texas that were supposedly 4/5 stars that were frankly, false 4/5 star players. What I won't do, is go through each and every athlete and do the research for you.

Are you illiterate? I have told you know 4 times that Texas is not on the level recruiting of Bama, Georgia etc… What you are failing to understand what me and others are saying is that just because you don’t finish with top 5 classes like Bama doesn’t mean you should be consistently be losing to programs recruiting in the 40s. If Texas needs consistent top 5 classes to go .500 in the big 12 you have bigger issues. 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

But others that were so called under developed never had it to begin with....do any of you actually watch football?

You've proven nothing. Lmao

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

That was false. 

You said Tyrone Swoopes was a 5 star... when he wasn't. I wouldn't want you doing research for me because all that takes is a 2 second google search.

My point has and always has been the past 10 years is Texas has misevaluated and failed at developing talent. And if you disagree then you seriously don't watch Texas football.

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

That was false. 

Casuals??  I’ve heard only one other poster use that term.  You’re confirming my suspicions 

I think the biggest issues plaguing Texas recruiting has been lack of mental evaluations. 

Texas has struggled for years to recruit elites along the LOS. They’ve done better with project guys like Cosmi or Williams at LT. Higher ranking guys like Tyler Johnson or Patrick Hudson that were blue chip guys didn’t love football and were wasted scholarships. 

Big Texas Longhorn fan here..........When going up to the next level(high school to college.......college to the NFL) it is somewhat a guess how that transition will go...........some highly drafted NFL guys have been busts, even when completely healthy.

Example of why it is tough to evaluate ---A high school offensive lineman may never go against a future starting D1 defensive lineman his whole junior and senior years(especially at smaller schools)..........May look outstanding against good high school players, but who knows how he would do against a stud.

Texas has been unlucky with their evaluations/guesses and/or not developed a lot of guys who "looked the part" in high school..........Probably 90% or more of the guys Texas has signed in the last few years have also been recruited by other big time schools, so other evaluators have missed also or were relying on their schools development skills

My personal opinion is some of the players would not have panned out at other schools....... but some players were just not developed.............Probably 50/50 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Big Texas Longhorn fan here..........When going up to the next level(high school to college.......college to the NFL) it is somewhat a guess how that transition will go...........some highly drafted NFL guys have been busts, even when completely healthy.

Example of why it is tough to evaluate ---A high school offensive lineman may never go against a future starting D1 defensive lineman his whole junior and senior years(especially at smaller schools)..........May look outstanding against good high school players, but who knows how he would do against a stud.

Texas has been unlucky with their evaluations/guesses and/or not developed a lot of guys who "looked the part" in high school..........Probably 90% or more of the guys Texas has signed in the last few years have also been recruited by other big time schools, so other evaluators have missed also or were relying on their schools development skills

My personal opinion is some of the players would not have panned out at other schools....... but some players were just not developed.............Probably 50/50 

I do not follow closely recruiting other than the headlines.  I have stated my reasons on here previously as to why.  My bigger concern is what is the staff doing with the kids that do arrive on campus.

IMO a big issue is cultural. Or better yet, entitlement. These 4 or 5 stars arrive on campus with the remembrance of what they just accomplished in high school to attain these stars.  This is independent of how the stars are awarded.  Most likely these kids did not consistently line up against equal to or better talent.  It came easy to them.  The work ethic eludes them.  You would assume that this elitism attitude would be generally prevalent at other schools that consistently recruit highly decorated players.  Which leads me to my next point...

Coaching.  The previous unseccessful staffs have done little to change the complacency attitude of "We're Texas" give us the win.  Saban runs a tight ship.  His players generally conform to his expectations.  Why do you think that Patterson was run out at TCU?  Because he would not coddle the players.  He was too "old school".  Patterson, Snyder (KSU) and Campbell (ISU) did more with less than just about any other program in the nation.

Talent evaluation.  The coaching staff just looked at the number of stars and not the intangibles.  What made Colt McCoy so valuable?  It was not entirely his athletic ability.  He had the "it" factor.  While Sam had the "it" factor there just wasn't other talent around him that had "it" either to make a big difference.  Vince Young willed his teams to win and others had enough gumption to fall in and give it their all as well.

Player development.  How many Texas guys have gone UDFA oe late rounds and have made the NFL roster?  Plenty.  They were not coached up properly or simply were not used correctly in the previous coaching staffs.

Has Texas had the talent on campus to be elite?  Most likely but the combination of cultural entitlement and the lack of "coaching them up" have all proportionately contributed to the lack of success.

Will Sark change all of that?  We will see.  Optimistic but cautious.

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

That was false. 

Why were those classes so badly ranked?  Maybe because the top 10 recruiting classes prior to the bad didn’t develop properly and lost?  

Look, I am never looking to agree with an Aggie, but the rise and fall with the development of Texas football has been equally fascinating and pathetic as the Depp/Heard Trial

4 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

You said Tyrone Swoopes was a 5 star... when he wasn't.

He was at one point.

4 star, 5 star....doesn't matter. He was never either.

I watched him at Elite 11 regionals in 2012.....never saw it. 

Saban wouldn't have been able to "develop" him. 

4 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

You've proven nothing.

Wrong, again.

But keep believing that Texas has wasted all of this big time talent.

Some guys may have been wasted, but most, never had it to begin with.

I can tell that you haven't seen half these athletes pre orange uni, so I digress.

You probably thought Ja'Quinden wasn't developed and was wasted....when all he was ever asked to do in HS was run a zone read offense. lol 

15 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Why were those classes so badly ranked?  Maybe because the top 10 recruiting classes prior to the bad didn’t develop properly and lost?  

Look, I am never looking to agree with an Aggie, but the rise and fall with the development of Texas football has been equally fascinating and pathetic as the Depp/Heard Trial

If it makes you feel better, even Texas fans are saying the disagree with the guy. So don’t think of it as agreeing with an Aggie, just think of it as agreeing with everyone but one guy. 

17 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I'm not saying that there hasn't been some poor development, but most of it...poor recruiting. 

As much as I love this '23 class, there are even 2-3 guys in the class that I'm skeptical about. 

Like Jonah Wilson for instance. 4* WR. He put up 470 yards last season as a wideout. Played some QB. But bottom line is, he hasn't shown 4* production. Also unsure of how great his route tree is....but because the website says so...I'm supposed to automatically believe that he is solid 4* talent. 

Sure.

Now if he doesn't pan out in college, Texas gets blamed for poor development.

14 minutes ago, WETSU said:

If it makes you feel better, even Texas fans are saying the disagree with the guy. So don’t think of it as agreeing with an Aggie, just think of it as agreeing with everyone but one guy. 

I'm not the only one that feels this way, but nice try.

• Mr. P locked this topic