Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I agree with this. It’s interesting because I feel like this is a situation where both guys are being told they are the guy when being recruited. This is going to end a lot like Kyler/Kyle Allen imo. 

Show us what makes you think that?  Who isn’t told they’re the guy?  Who tells a kid we don’t think you’ll ever start?  

39 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Show us what makes you think that?  Who isn’t told they’re the guy?  Who tells a kid we don’t think you’ll ever start?  

I don’t have any proof. I clearly said “I feel like…”  But you guys have shown me we don’t need proof for allegations. If it’s said it n a message board it’s truth no matter what. Or are we not playing that anymore? 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I don’t have any proof. I clearly said “I feel like…”  But you guys have shown me we don’t need proof for allegations. If it’s said it n a message board it’s truth no matter what. Or are we not playing that anymore? 

So you haven’t seen or read anything that makes you think he won’t be good?  It’s just your take?

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

So you haven’t seen or read anything that makes you think he won’t be good?  It’s just your take?

Oh no I’ve read stuff that has him overrated. In fact just today a hit piece came out from college football nerds basically saying they don’t see it. Then there was a separate piece out saying if his name was smith and not manning he’s likely a high 3 star low 4 star. 

Have you watched his film? Have you compared his stats to other QBs in the running for top QB? Go watch it and come back and tell me what you think makes him one of only 3 perfect QBs of all time. 

4 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Let’s see………Who has a history of better judgment, recruiting experts or the staffs of Alabama, Georgia, Clemson and Florida - some of the big boys recruiting Manning ?

You guys just don’t get it…. I didn’t say he wasn’t good. He definitely has some tools. He’s for sure a 4 star good player. But at least have the integrity as a grown man to call a spade a spade. He’s not the best player in the country. He’s not one of only 3 perfect rated QBs in recruiting rankings history. 

I understand many colleges football fans will question Arch Manning’s real ability level until he proves on the field to be deserving of the #1 recruit ranking.

In my opinion, many people who question him do so, because of his last name whether he’s that good or not, out of pure human skepticism without judging his film and achievements at face value in a near hypocritical way. 
There’s a little bit of jealousy factor for those fans who didn’t land his commitment knowing the weight it carries in possible other recruits also joining him at UT.  Then just the general fan or journalist who may want to take a swipe at the Manning family as a whole, because of again human nature and envy, that’s a possibility too.

I am not saying Manning is the greatest ever recruit in the world or that he’s fully deserving of his ranking as the top recruit in the country.

I am saying I’m glad he’s committed to Texas and I am saying every other college football fan in the country would be happy if he were committed to their team even if only for the hype of it and possibly drawing in other top talent.

We’ll see if Arch is the real deal in time, and we’ll hope between Card and Ewers Texas has a quality QB behind center this season.

🤘🏻

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I understand many colleges football fans will question Arch Manning’s real ability level until he proves on the field to be deserving of the #1 recruit ranking.

In my opinion, many people who question him do so, because of his last name whether he’s that good or not, out of pure human skepticism without judging his film and achievements at face value in a near hypocritical way. 
There’s a little bit of jealousy factor for those fans who didn’t land his commitment knowing the weight it carries in possible other recruits also joining him at UT.  Then just the general fan or journalist who may want to take a swipe at the Manning family as a whole, because of again human nature and envy, that’s a possibility too.

I am not saying Manning is the greatest ever recruit in the world or that he’s fully deserving of his ranking as the top recruit in the country.

I am saying I’m glad he’s committed to Texas and I am saying every other college football fan in the country would be happy if he were committed to their team even if only for the hype of it and possibly drawing in other top talent.

We’ll see if Arch is the real deal in time, and we’ll hope between Card and Ewers Texas has a quality QB behind center this season.

🤘🏻

If it makes you feel better, I have been saying he’s overrated since the end of last season before he ever even really had a top 3. It’s not just because he committed to Texas for me. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

If it makes you feel better, I have been saying he’s overrated since the end of last season before he ever even really had a top 3. It’s not just because he committed to Texas for me. 

I hear you, and yes it does make me feel better about your personal evaluation and opinion of him, because it’s not just a knee jerk, anti-Texas stance from you.

I didn’t intend for that to seem like I was specifically pointing the finger at you saying you’d not done your homework on Manning and come to your own initial conclusions.

11 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Clearly he didn’t face the same level of competition in high school as Ewers ... and that’s coming from a Texas fan .... I agree his lofty recruiting status is as much about his last name as anything .... no way he is as highly touted as Ewers if he wasn’t a Manning ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

Oh no I’ve read stuff that has him overrated. In fact just today a hit piece came out from college football nerds basically saying they don’t see it. Then there was a separate piece out saying if his name was smith and not manning he’s likely a high 3 star low 4 star. 

Have you watched his film? Have you compared his stats to other QBs in the running for top QB? Go watch it and come back and tell me what you think makes him one of only 3 perfect QBs of all time. 

I’ve watched lots of his film, he plays with maybe 2-3 kids that are pretty good.  The offense he plays in fits them, but doesn’t showcase his arm strength.  So you really don’t see all you need to see out of that.  

as far as stats/size , he’s everything you want.  Also I’ve seen video of him breaking down plays so he understands the X’s and O’s Of the game.  He cones from a football family so he’s been in the game most of his life.

3*, 4*, 5*?  Doesn’t matter to me.  He won’t be competing for the starting job until his 3rd year most likely.  Also, lots of recruiting analysts are guys that never played sports.  Certain ones I’ll pay attention to, most I don’t.  

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

You guys just don’t get it…. I didn’t say he wasn’t good. He definitely has some tools. He’s for sure a 4 star good player. But at least have the integrity as a grown man to call a spade a spade. He’s not the best player in the country. He’s not one of only 3 perfect rated QBs in recruiting rankings history. 

Ok, don’t let it bother you so much.  

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Also those programs you mentioned offer 3 and 4 star players every year. It’s not like just because he has an offer from them that it backs up his number 1 overall ranking. 

Are you suggesting Saban, Dabo or Fisher offered because he’s a manning?

17 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Clearly he didn’t face the same level of competition in high school as Ewers ... and that’s coming from a Texas fan .... I agree his lofty recruiting status is as much about his last name as anything .... no way he is as highly touted as Ewers if he wasn’t a Manning ....

That high school has produced NFL talent before.

24 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Are you suggesting Saban, Dabo or Fisher offered because he’s a manning?

No. Like I said he’s got some tools to work with. I don’t understand what you’re not getting about this. I’m just saying he’s not the best player in the country. He’s not one of only 3 perfect rated QBs of all time. All of those guys offered him because he’s good, but there isn’t a coach alive that has seen his film and thinks he’s among one of the best QBs ever. Doesn’t mean he’s not good he’s just overrated. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No. Like I said he’s got some tools to work with. I don’t understand what you’re not getting about this. I’m just saying he’s not the best player in the country. He’s not one of only 3 perfect rated QBs of all time. All of those guys offered him because he’s good, but there isn’t a coach alive that has seen his film and thinks he’s among one of the best QBs ever. Doesn’t mean he’s not good he’s just overrated. 

I never said I thought he was.  I also said that lots of recruiting analysts are ignorant to what they’re doing.  I said his ranking doesn’t matter to me.

so Saban sees what he wants.  Dabo sees what he wants.  They don’t recruit strictly on recruiting stars I’d bet.  

Just now, DB2point0 said:

I never said I thought he was.  I also said that lots of recruiting analysts are ignorant to what they’re doing.  I said his ranking doesn’t matter to me

Then why is it bothering you so much that I said he was overrated? 

Just now, WETSU said:

Then why is it bothering you so much that I said he was overrated? 

The only person bothered by anything here is you.  You’re trying to convince people of something that doesn’t matter to them.  Pretty adamantly too.  

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Like hearem said, whether he plays or not, the manning effect is already pulling other recruits in

9 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The only person bothered by anything here is you.  You’re trying to convince people of something that doesn’t matter to them.  Pretty adamantly too.  

You do realize I’m only talking about this because you quoted me asking for my reasoning right? My one comment before you asked for my reasoning is not enough to say I am “adamantly” arguing my point. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You do realize I’m only talking about this because you quoted me asking for my reasoning right? My one comment before you asked for my reasoning is not enough to say I am “adamantly” arguing my point. 

I asked you to show us what you saw or what you read that made you think that.  You said “I feel that….”  I didn’t ask your opinion, just what you’ve seen or read.  

then you adamantly say we just don’t get it.  We don’t care.  You are standing on a hill by yourself trying to convince us of something that doesn’t matter to us.  

14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I asked you to show us what you saw or what you read that made you think that.  You said “I feel that….”  I didn’t ask your opinion, just what you’ve seen or read.  

then you adamantly say we just don’t get it.  We don’t care.  You are standing on a hill by yourself trying to convince us of something that doesn’t matter to us.  

You cared enough to respond asking for sources. So clearly, it matters to you. It matters to cotton as well based off his comments. Hearem responded as well so clearly he cares a little bit. Hell even Kirt cared enough to argue my points as well. 

• Mr. P locked this topic