Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

On 7/15/2022 at 10:40 PM, Lobo97 said:

I don’t know where Texas’s class will finish, and I don’t really care unless they start winning. That said, just because the last two number 1 classes had very few 3* signees doesn’t prove that 6 is too many. 

Georgia finished with the #1 class in 2020. They had 6 3*’s.

Alabama finished with the #1 class in 2016. They had 8 3*’s. 

The ‘10, ‘11, ‘12, & ‘13 #1 classes all had 6 or more 3*’s.

Also using the 2 previous classes as a barometer is a mistake for him.  Those were the 2 best recruiting classes in the history of CFB.  You won’t see that happen every year.

23 hours ago, ANTI said:

Malik Muhammad chooses Texas over Bama and A&M....

This pickup quickly moved Texas from 5th to 3rd btw.

But, but...no way Texas ends up with the #1 class.

More commits to follow. 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

This pickup quickly moved Texas from 5th to 3rd btw.

But, but...no way Texas ends up with the #1 class.

More commits to follow. 

Enjoy the last few weeks of the best time of the year for Texas football. The actual games will start soon enough.

• LOL! 1

19 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Enjoy the last few weeks of the best time of the year for Texas football. The actual games will start soon enough.

Well at least our guys have the decency to break our hearts early enough in the year so we don't get over-hyped. 🤣

• Like 1

So, this guy is set to commit today

https://247sports.com/Player/Payton-Kirkland-46098852/

Choosing between Bama, Florida, Miami, Michigan State and OU...So he claims.

This is a really weird recruitment. Texas hasn't made any of his top lists, and he hasnt been to one visit but recently...rumors have circulated that he may indeed pick Texas. And despite him going to Twitter recently and shooting the rumors down, analysts aren't buying it and many have crystal balled him to Texas. 

Would come from total left field if he does...but nothing throughout his recruiting process points to Texas landing the 4* tackle. 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

This is a really weird recruitment. Texas hasn't made any of his top lists, and he hasnt been to one visit but recently...rumors have circulated that he may indeed pick Texas. And despite him going to Twitter recently and shooting the rumors down, analysts aren't buying it and many have crystal balled him to Texas. 

Would come from total left field if he does...but nothing throughout his recruiting process points to Texas landing the 4* tackle. 

IT said he was supposed to visit in June but family plans changed things. It would be really crazy if he chose Texas without a visit though. 

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

IT said he was supposed to visit in June but family plans changed things. It would be really crazy if he chose Texas without a visit though. 

Crazy. 

If Kyle Flood pulls this off...

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

This commitment is about the NIL $$$$. He was Miami bound until they spent their money on better targets.

35 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

This commitment is about the NIL $$$$. He was Miami bound until they spent their money on better targets.

How dare you suggest anything other than an elite recruiting effort by the Texas staff. Kids from Florida commit to 5-7 teams they haven’t ever visited all the time. Haven’t you ever heard of the manning effect? 

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Actually, all of those schools in his "Top 5" led for him at some point. Michigan State was trending as of late.

No one really knows what's going on with this one.

Guess we'll find out here shortly...

Just now, WETSU said:

How dare you suggest anything other than an elite recruiting effort by the Texas staff. Kids from Florida commit to 5-7 teams they haven’t ever visited all the time. Haven’t you ever heard of the manning effect? 

Mr. "No way Texas gets the #1 class" himself 🤣

How's it going buddy? 

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Mr. "No way Texas gets the #1 class" himself 🤣

How's it going buddy? 

Don’t blow your load in July chief. I stand by what I said. And no matter how you giddy you get over every commitment it’s not going to change that. 

When Texas goes 7-5 and Bama and Georgia picks up it’s momentum like always Texas will finish around 3-5 like I predicted. 

53 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It will make you look even stupider that you did when you said Texas doesn’t have a developmental problem. 

Never said it.

What I did say is...recruiting was a far larger problem for Texas than developmental problems.

Hasn't been a problem so far under Sark. And being that it's his 2nd season, still too early to determine how well he develops. 

🤡

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

3C4AF3D6-3042-45AF-9F7D-53F72D650E08.jpeg

This one had nothing to with Kyle Flood. 

Flood was his primary recruiter. 

But sure. "This one had nothing 'to' with Kyle Flood".

I swear. The college section of this site is cancerous. No one does any research. Just post false BS, sources be "just trust me bro". 🤣

13 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Flood was his primary recruiter. 

But sure. "This one had nothing 'to' with Kyle Flood".

I swear. The college section of this site is cancerous. No one does any research. Just post false BS, sources be "just trust me bro". 🤣

How long have you been following this kids recruitment? 

72 hours?

You need to read something besides Oranebloods. 

This kid’s family wanted the biggest NIL deal available. Texas has that for him at this time. Miami said thanks, but no thanks.  Oklahoma told him the same thing in June after his mom’s demand list. Florida did the same at one point too. 

• Mr. P locked this topic