Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

How long have you been following this kids recruitment? 

72 hours?

This kid’s family wanted the biggest NIL deal available. Texas has that for him at this time. Miami said thanks, but no thanks. 

Oklahoma told him the same thing in June after his mom’s demand list.

Oh now all of a sudden, all of these other schools turned him away and didn't want him anyway. 

Sure. If it makes you feel any better, you can make up whatever narrative you want man. 😅

Fact is, Texas was able to bring him in, while the other 52 schools that offered (and apparently wanted him) couldn't. 

6 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Oh now all of a sudden, all of these other schools turned him away and didn't want him anyway. 

Sure. If it makes you feel any better, you can make up whatever narrative you want man. 😅

Fact is, Texas was able to bring him in, while the other 52 schools that offered (and apparently wanted him) couldn't. 

Texas was able to bring him in. You just don’t like the way they achieved it. 

I am just going to assume you don’t really follow recruiting from this point on. Every post you make screams it. 

Just now, Valhalla said:

Texas was able to bring him in. You just don’t like the way they achieved it. 

Actually, it's YOU (and all of the other haters) who don't like the way they achieved it...🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

Feel free to post on the Sooner thread. 

Rather eat a cactus.

I don't pay attention to things that I dislike, unlike others who shall remain nameless.

5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

This commitment is about the NIL $$$$. He was Miami bound until they spent their money on better targets.

There's only one OL currently ranked higher than Kirkland, and he is the #1 OT in the nation. Now you might be talking about any position and that would make sense and could possibly be true. There are 7 players currently with a higher ranking with Miami that committed in June or July. 

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

How dare you suggest anything other than an elite recruiting effort by the Texas staff. Kids from Florida commit to 5-7 teams they haven’t ever visited all the time. Haven’t you ever heard of the manning effect? 

Well this didn't age well. Our 3* QB is a 5* influencer it would seem.

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

But hey, go ahead and circle jerk over recruiting in July by all means. It will make you look even stupider that you did when you said Texas doesn’t have a developmental problem. 

We all know which Texas fans/group actually stand around in a circle around a jar

14 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I caught part of the footage, it was to the effect of he wanted to block/protect for Arch. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Speaking of block protect for Arch (and Ewers), trench play has been pathetic for UT for a while now.

But Sark has come in and made that a priority in recruiting. So far in his first two classes (thanks primarily to Kyle Flood), Sark has gotten:

Only listing the 4/5 star guys

5* OL Devon Campbell (6'3 321,  projects as G)

5* OL Kelvin Banks (6'5 318, projects as T)

4* OL Neto Umeozulu (6'5 314, projects as T, G or C)

4* OL Malik Agbo (6'6 337, lot of history at T, so could be there but projects as G)

4* OL Cole Hutson (6'5 303, started RG for Texas in the spring game)

4* OL Jaydon Chatman (6'4 300, projects as G or C)

4* OL Payton Kirkland (6'6 345, projects as T)

Host of other 3* prospects.

Will be interesting to see what the starting 5 looks like in a few years. Still have shots at 4*s Markis Deal and Zalance Heard in the '23 class. 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Hmm. This doesnt add up to what Valhalla and WETSU were saying. 

Care to explain? 

People say anything to make themselves feel better 😅

Oh yeah. I definitely believe the kid who saying the crystal balls were wrong earlier in the week lol. 

Look up. It says gullible on your ceiling. 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Speaking of block protect for Arch (and Ewers), trench play has been pathetic for UT for a while now.

But Sark has come in and made that a priority in recruiting. So far in his first two classes (thanks primarily to Kyle Flood), Sark has gotten:

Only listing the 4/5 star guys

5* OL Devon Campbell (6'3 321,  projects as G)

5* OL Kelvin Banks (6'5 318, projects as T)

4* OL Neto Umeozulu (6'5 314, projects as T, G or C)

4* OL Malik Agbo (6'6 337, lot of history at T, so could be there but projects as G)

4* OL Cole Hutson (6'5 303, started RG for Texas in the spring game)

4* OL Jaydon Chatman (6'4 300, projects as G or C)

4* OL Payton Kirkland (6'6 345, projects as T)

Host of other 3* prospects.

Will be interesting to see what the starting 5 looks like in a few years. Still have shots at 4*s Markis Deal and Zalance Heard in the '23 class. 

ED3CF866-3CD4-4768-AB79-6E0B165E7B37.gif

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Oh yeah. I definitely believe the kid who saying the crystal balls were wrong earlier in the week lol. 

Look up. It says gullible on your ceiling. 

Oh yeah, I'm sure you would know more about his recruitment than he would...😅

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I definitely know more than you. 

I went back and look..

Didn't find one post of you mentioning this kid, up until, you found out that he was UT bound yesterday.

But okay man. 😅

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

I went back and look..

Didn't find one post of you mentioning this kid, up until, you found out that he was UT bound yesterday.

But okay man. 😅

Your pretty committed if you searched out all my post on Soonerscoop and OU insider for info. 

• Mr. P locked this topic