Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

No spin. Just trying to prove a point to you. That those same people might have done the same thing with several programs gear. Just because you got a conversation in Europe does not back anything in terms of brand unless you’re going to wear several teams gear and see which one turns more heads. 

Being recognized does not necessarily equate to the most recognizable. 

Please go and show me where I have said Texas was the most recognizable? You are proving a “point” that I have yet to mention or argue. 

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

I don’t have an issue with Texas at 1. I would say I honestly think Bama has passed them and ND is just as good if not better in terms of “world wide” like you said, but I have no issue with Texas at 1. 

My comment was it’s a laughable list with Tennessee being higher than A&M. The list loses credibility with that. I would also say Miami is more “recognizable” than Auburn and Tennessee. 

Tennessee IS higher than a&m ... yes, the aggies have moved up a bit the last hand full of years, but it takes more than that to be top 10 ....

The biggest targets left on Texas' board have to be Baxter, Hale, Toviano, Matthews, Pilot, Akana and Gullette. I've read that Baxter, Hale, Toviano and Gullette are expected to announce in the within next four weeks. Hopefully Texas gets two of those four. Keep your fingers crossed.

Edit: Switch out Hale with Matthews

Three sport player. Three position player in football. Averaged a double double in basketball. All District shot putter. Anchored the 4X100 and 4X200. Long jumped 22+'. All state receiver (1400+ yds 14 TD's) and punter. 125 tackles (five TFLs), three sacks, three forced fumbles (one recovered for a touchdown, and two interceptions).

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 7:15 PM, ANTI said:

Mikal Harrison Pilot

Jalen Hale

Anthony Hill

Colton Vasek

Cedric Baxter Jr

Hunter Osborne

Javien Toviano

Malik Mahummad

Markis Deal

Jordan Mathews

Derion Gullette

Braylan Shelby

Texas is sitting at #5 right now. They will land AT LEAST 7 of the above and when they do, numero uno. 

Not doing research is comical. 

And, here comes Gullette.

Unfortunate that we missed out on Hill, which made getting Gullette pivotal. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Braylan Shelby to USC.

MHP, Hale, Baxter, Deal and Mathews all trending Texas. 

The big question is Toviano, who appears to have a new favorite pretty often (its LSU right now). 

But even if he doesn't, I have my 7 with the above. And then some. 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

MHP, Hale, Baxter, Deal and Mathews all trending Texas. 

The big question is Toviano, who appears to have a new favorite pretty often (its LSU tight now). 

But even if he doesn't, I have my 7 with the above. And then some. 

Still have to have the number 1 class. That was part of the statement. it’s the main point being argued. 

31 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Still have to have the number 1 class. 

Not worried about that, thanks to others in the mix that aren't even on that list. 

You also said Texas wouldn't land 7 from the list, remember? If not, receipts. 

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

Not worried about that, thanks to others in the mix that aren't even on that list. 

You also said Texas wouldn't land 7 from the list, remember? If not, receipts. 

And if I am wrong I’ll eat that crow. I still am not convinced they SIGN 7/12 from that list. I think a less that expected season can still effect this class. Especially the defensive recruits. But I will definitely admit I was wrong if that doesn’t happen. 

Just don’t forget to eat your share if they sign 7/12 but do not sign the number 1 class. 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas has never signed the #1 QB and #1 RB in the same class before. They could move a little closer to accomplishing that feat later today with the possible commitment of RB Cedric Baxter Jr out of Florida. 

Where is Baxter the #1 ranked RB?

He's #4 according 247

He's #4 according On3

He's #4 according to ESPN

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

Where is Baxter the #1 ranked RB?

He's #4 according 247

He's #4 according On3

He's #4 according to ESPN

247 composite has him at 4.

247 themselves have him at 2.

On3 composite has him at 4.

On3 themselves have him at 1.

On 7/15/2022 at 7:15 PM, ANTI said:

Mikal Harrison Pilot

Jalen Hale

Anthony Hill

Colton Vasek

Cedric Baxter Jr

Hunter Osborne

Javien Toviano

Malik Mahummad

Markis Deal

Jordan Mathews

Derion Gullette

Braylan Shelby

Texas is sitting at #5 right now. They will land AT LEAST 7 of the above and when they do, numero uno. 

Not doing research is comical. 

This is a big one.

RB Ced Baxter Jr commits to Texas over Florida, Miami and A&M.

On3 ranks Ced Baxter as the #1 back in America. 247 ranks him #2.

Composite ranks him #4.

I don't think Texas will end up #1, but the main thing is they are landing the majority of the targets they have at/near the top of the board.

I think offensively, they are done outside of Hale.  And I wouldn't be to disappointed even if they miss on him.  Texas will have no problem landing a portal WR if they ever need to.  Duce Robinson is taking an OV and is an obvious numbers buster.

Still need about 2-3 DT/DE's, a couple DB's, and maybe another LB.

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

I don't think Texas will end up #1, but the main thing is they are landing the majority of the targets they have at/near the top of the board.

I think offensively, they are done outside of Hale.  And I wouldn't be to disappointed even if they miss on him.  Texas will have no problem landing a portal WR if they ever need to.  Duce Robinson is taking an OV and is an obvious numbers buster.

Still need about 2-3 DT/DE's, a couple DB's, and maybe another LB.

I would be disappointed if UT doesn’t land Hale, because I want the best East Texas talent staying in state and more specifically, going to Texas!

🤘🏻

• Mr. P locked this topic