Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

The Ced Baxter commitment alone nearly pushed Texas to #1. And UT is no where near done folks.

image.png

To be fair, neither are the others. You keep acting like Texas is racing for number 1 against teams that won’t add anymore either. Bama only has 18 commits and will likely take 26-28 based on what I’ve read on Bama Boards. They are far from done themselves. 

3 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I don't think Texas will end up #1, but the main thing is they are landing the majority of the targets they have at/near the top of the board.

I think offensively, they are done outside of Hale.  And I wouldn't be to disappointed even if they miss on him.  Texas will have no problem landing a portal WR if they ever need to.  Duce Robinson is taking an OV and is an obvious numbers buster.

Still need about 2-3 DT/DE's, a couple DB's, and maybe another LB.

That’s always key. Landing kids high on your board regardless of their ranking. I’ve never been one to doubt a team taking a 3 star if they believe he’s talented enough and fits their need for him. 

I want it to go on record that I think Texas is recruiting a great class for themselves. I only am busting ANTI’s nads because he “guaranteed” the number 1 class and I just think thats foolish for any fan to do in July. I wasn’t even sold on A&M as the number 1 class of that year two weeks before signing day. Much less promising it 6 months before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

To be fair, neither are the others. 

Went back and read....never said they were.

Wonder why you race over here to rub off negative energy anytime Texas gets a commit.

Nvm, don't answer that. I already know why. 

4 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I don't think Texas will end up #1, but the main thing is they are landing the majority of the targets they have at/near the top of the board.

I think offensively, they are done outside of Hale.  And I wouldn't be to disappointed even if they miss on him.  Texas will have no problem landing a portal WR if they ever need to.  Duce Robinson is taking an OV and is an obvious numbers buster.

Still need about 2-3 DT/DE's, a couple DB's, and maybe another LB.

Yeah, Hale will be the last cherry on the top pickup for the offense. For now anyway. 

The Duce Robinson and Damon Wilson recruitments have been pretty interesting. 

Most of what will come aboard here soon will come from defense. 

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

That’s always key. Landing kids high on your board regardless of their ranking. I’ve never been one to doubt a team taking a 3 star if they believe he’s talented enough and fits their need for him. 

I want it to go on record that I think Texas is recruiting a great class for themselves. I only am busting ANTI’s nads because he “guaranteed” the number 1 class and I just think thats foolish for any fan to do in July. I wasn’t even sold on A&M as the number 1 class of that year two weeks before signing day. Much less promising it 6 months before. 

I'm not concerned with being #1 at the end of the day. As great as that would be, I just want Texas to recruit NEEDED positions, which they have done and done very well imo, especially on the offensive side. 

Like I said, #1 would be awesome, but focusing on getting the top talent at imperative positions where there are gaps is what stands out to me (ex. Oline)

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Seeing rumors now he's been removed from the team.  Nothing official, but guess we'll see.

If that's true, then I think that's way overboard. What he did was dumb, but also very minor. I could see a suspension of a game, but getting kicked off the team? I don't agree with that. 

56 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

If that's true, then I think that's way overboard. What he did was dumb, but also very minor. I could see a suspension of a game, but getting kicked off the team? I don't agree with that. 

I wish I could find it but there was a site (maybe Hook’em?) that had a blurb about Billinglsey and Hall having some issues fitting into Sark’s culture. If he’s off the team for one incident that’s overkill, if it’s the culmination of a series of events that makes more sense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I wish I could find it but there was a site (maybe Hook’em?) that had a blurb about Billinglsey and Hall having some issues fitting into Sark’s culture. If he’s off the team for one incident that’s overkill, if it’s the culmination of a series of events that makes more sense.

That’s what I saw as well. If he’s really off the team, it’s for locker room stuff not this incident. 

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Hall is suspended indefinitely. He won't get kicked off the team. It was a stupid decision on his part, but the UTPD really sucks when it comes to parking so kind of funny 

It’s almost a requirement for these university police departments to do dumb stuff. I swear every one I’ve ever been around or read about make me question if they aren’t intentionally targeting athletes. 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2022 at 10:51 PM, WETSU said:

That’s some high praise. He is a stud though. 

Just my opinion. If he makes it to campus, he is instantly vying for #1 on the depth chart, assuming Bijan leaves for the NFL.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:58 PM, WETSU said:

Texas and ND will probably fall in the rankings as we get closer to signing day simply because of the amount of players they will be able to take compared to others in the top 10. That's fine by me because we are recruiting at a level we haven't seen since the early days of coach February.

9 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

His reputation did proceed him. My greater concern is that Ryan Watts apparently videoed the act and seemed to encourage it. Supposedly there is a tweet showing this.

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Seeing Neyor and Angilau suffered season ending injuries during the scrimmage.

With Hall also MIA that offense is getting dangerously thin. Are the rumors true that Card is looking like QB1? 

6 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Seeing Neyor and Angilau suffered season ending injuries during the scrimmage.

Nothing worse than friendly fire.

Not good news for the good guys. 

Roschon Johnson will be out 4-6 weeks too.

15 hours ago, WETSU said:

With Hall also MIA that offense is getting dangerously thin. Are the rumors true that Card is looking like QB1? 

With 3 weeks left until the season kicks off I expect Hall to be back from suspension before game 1. Losing Neyor is a loss no doubt but Dont forget the transfer from Iowa St, senior Tarique Milton. WR was a group that could sustain an injury loss or two and still be very good. 

Early reports from camp were saying Angilau was probably going to move to center this year to replace Majors because he had more size. Majors struggles with bigger bodied DTs and the staff really likes sophomore Hayden Conner and EE freshman Cole Hutson at guard. Now they’ll likely stick with Majors to start the year. 

Reports out of camp on QB is about what I was expecting to hear after 5 practices and 1 scrimmage. Card looks more experienced and comfortable making calls from the LOS. He’s accurate short and medium but still struggling with hitting deep shots. 
Ewers is still learning the calls to get the offense in the correct plays when at the LOS. His arm talent is superior and typical of a freshman it shows. He’ll make a few spectacular throws and hit a deep ball for 6 that Card can’t hit, but next play he’ll not see a safety and throw a pick. Luckily there is still 3 weeks worth of practice left. 

I think it was crazy for people to write Card off before his sophomore season, he’s a talented player. The reports on Ewers are actually exactly what I expected from a freshman gunslinger type. 

*Side note there are reports out that the defense is playing much more tight coverage and playing it well.  

• Mr. P locked this topic