Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

On 8/24/2022 at 8:57 AM, ETXfan16 said:

I think Sark went with Ewers for the sole fact that he can hit most of these throws...

Another reason. Card's completion percentage for 20+ yds last year was 23%

• Thanks 1

Season predictions anyone? I’m not really sure what to make of the Big12 this year. I think Texas is very unpredictable this season.

The offense has a lot of weapons but a young qb and oline. I believe Ewers will hit more deep balls than either qb from last years team and I think that helps the running game. 

The defense has more experience than the offense but were terrible last year with mostly the same players. Through camp they were said to be playing tighter coverage on the outside and the linebackers have looked better apparently. 

I think they need to go 8-4 for Sark to show recruits there is progress. If Ewers is who we think he is and the defense is better than last year then maybe the Baylor game at thanksgiving is for a spot in the CCG. 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 10:14 PM, ANTI said:

Hmm.

Went back and read...no where did I say that I got my info from a single Texas site. However, I'm sure they're more informed on Texas recruiting than you are. lol

But I guess the info that you get from A&M sites make you an expert, right?

It's 2022. It's not hard to get and properly interpret info, and you also don't know me or who I talk to.

Tell ya what, for instance, Mikal Harrison's pops is @Gametyme. Been talking football with him for over a decade. Why don't you tell him where MHP is leaning since, you're the expert.

Texas has a pretty good shot at finishing with the #1 class. You can be mad and call it fake news all you want, but that's just the facts and reality of the situation.

Sorry I'm late to the party lol. It was looking like it was going to be Texas but the spots are feeling up. They told him he would have to commit before Hale to guarantee a spot. Texas is still pushing as of now. Now TCU has emerged as the favorite if he doesn't choose Texas. Malcolm Kelley has been huge in his recruitment to the Horned Frogs. Houston still on the outside looking in and he loves Cal but it's to far from home. Oklahoma is pretty much out of it at this point. He is in no rush to make a decision.

• Like 1

Here's my prediction...

vsUL Monroe - W

vs1 Alabama - L

vsUTSA - W

@Texas Tech - W

vsWest Virginia - W

vs9 Oklahoma * - W

vs Iowa State - W

@12 Oklahoma State - L

@Kansas State - W

vTCU - W

@Kansas - W

vs10 Baylor - L

9-3

This is best case scenario imo. I do think there could very well be another loss in there somewhere, probably OU, but I just think the Big 12 is very unknown this year. 

I've said it before, but if the Horns have the mental toughness and play all 4 quarters, 9-3 is easily attainable. Watching them fold under the slightest hint of adversity last year, causing them to lose 6 in a row, is what I believe they needed to fix the most this offseason. If they fixed that, I think 8-4 or 9-3 is realistic.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Sorry I'm late to the party lol. It was looking like it was going to be Texas but the spots are feeling up. They told him he would have to commit before Hale to guarantee a spot. Texas is still pushing as of now. Now TCU has emerged as the favorite if he doesn't choose Texas. Malcolm Kelley has been huge in his recruitment to the Horned Frogs. Houston still on the outside looking in and he loves Cal but it's to far from home. Oklahoma is pretty much out of it at this point. He is in no rush to make a decision.

Beautiful pitch and catch right there.

You guys talking Texas recruiting are in my wheel house. I tried to catch up on what all has been said from about page 30 and on. I don't think Texas ends up #1. Alabama is probably going to finish at the top but a top 3 finish is gonna happen maybe 2 if we can go out and have a big season. Missing on Hill hurt. Not sure what to think of David Hicks. Gut tells me OU. Toviano is a mystery but I'm getting LSU vibes. Wonder if Texas circles back around for Bravion Rodgers. Texas in desperate need of an edge player. Wilson is probably a pipe dream but Akana I think is a reality. Jordan Matthews going to the Vols was also a bummer. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Yeah I know Texas is where MHP wants to be but I know timing/numbers are something to keep an eye on. I really thought that he was gonna give his verbal after he visited in June, which was before Jonah Wilson committed.

On Hale, it's really coming down to Texas and Bama. Texas has been leading all of this time, still is but Bama has gained a lot of ground. 

He's visiting Bama again this weekend, visiting Texas the weekend after....which is when Bama comes to town. 

A&M didn't make his top 3 but I think he's going to give them a visit as well (relationship with HK..who still has 3 more years of eligibility). 

Then, announcing his decision via Longview Gameday on the 21st. 

• Like 1

Too difficult to make a prediction on the season without seeing Ewers play yet. His performance will mean the difference between 5 wins, and 9. If Ewers plays to the hype, I think the Bama game would be the only game Texas wouldn’t be favored in. That doesn’t mean they win the rest. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lobo97 said:

Too difficult to make a prediction on the season without seeing Ewers play yet. His performance will mean the difference between 5 wins, and 9. If Ewers plays to the hype, I think the Bama game would be the only game Texas wouldn’t be favored in. That doesn’t mean they win the rest. 

So many questions for this team. I can see multiple outcomes but the Big12 has a lot of questions for every team. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Agreed. I still think Baylor wins the conference. 

Teams with very experienced olines and front 7s typically are tough to beat. I too think Baylor is the favorite because of this. I think they bring back every starter from their oline and Dline. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red90fly said:

IT thinks two freshman may start on OL.  Banks at LT and Hutson at Guard.

I’d be willing to bet that Banks is more physically ready than what Connor Williams was as a true Freshman.  And from what I’ve read so far he’s got a good grasp on the game mentally too

On 9/1/2022 at 10:20 AM, ANTI said:

Yeah I know Texas is where MHP wants to be but I know timing/numbers are something to keep an eye on. I really thought that he was gonna give his verbal after he visited in June, which was before Jonah Wilson committed.

On Hale, it's really coming down to Texas and Bama. Texas has been leading all of this time, still is but Bama has gained a lot of ground. 

He's visiting Bama again this weekend, visiting Texas the weekend after....which is when Bama comes to town. 

A&M didn't make his top 3 but I think he's going to give them a visit as well (relationship with HK..who still has 3 more years of eligibility). 

Then, announcing his decision via Longview Gameday on the 21st. 

There's been some developments in Hale's recruiting.

A&M will officially get a visit on the 17th. 

This is more so bad news for Georgia as it seems A&M has replaced them in his top 3. 

So he's headed to Tuscaloosa tomorrow (actually leaving out tonight). Texas the week after (vs Bama)....then A&M the week after.

Texas still leads, but Bama is Bama and A&M has resurged...Haynes King has done some work there. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ANTI said:

There's been some developments in Hale's recruiting.

A&M will officially get a visit on the 17th. 

This is more so bad news for Georgia as it seems A&M has replaced them in his top 3. 

So he's headed to Tuscaloosa tomorrow (actually leaving out tonight). Texas the week after (vs Bama)....then A&M the week after.

Texas still leads, but Bama is Bama and A&M has resurged...Haynes King has done some work there. 

Aggie boosters upping the NIL offerings?  Must be 😉

• Mr. P locked this topic