Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

I hope we win by 50 next week, but I see Vegas putting the line around 27……….And if I was a Bama fan, I would not be afraid of that line……….Take away the Horns longest run next week, whatever that is, and I don’t see us averaging more than 1.5 a rush…………..Can we win 10 games, not out of the question, but I would take 9-3 in the regular season right now. 

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I hope we win by 50 next week, but I see Vegas putting the line around 27……….And if I was a Bama fan, I would not be afraid of that line……….Take away the Horns longest run next week, whatever that is, and I don’t see us averaging more than 1.5 a rush…………..Can we win 10 games, not out of the question, but I would take 9-3 in the regular season right now. 

Bama is likely a 20+ point favorite over all but 4-5 teams in the entire country. They are a buzzsaw that matches up well against Texas. Everything Texas struggles with Bama is good at or can take advantage of. They may roll into DKR and win 55-14 but I wouldn’t look at it as a negative. How they respond the following week is more important. 

• Like 1

All 3 phases of the game scored a touchdown. That’s nice to see again at Texas. Jatavion Sanders is going to be a real weapon. Ewers was late on both of his first 2 throws but settled in after that and looked very good on his last 2 throws. A tight window RPO to Whittington with some zip and climbing the pocket and hitting Sanders over the middle with an off balance touch throw. 

Barryn Sorrell looked good rushing the passer and Overshown looked better at doing LB things, still missed a few tackles. The corners played tight coverage and Ryan Watts is very physical. 

Return teams were great. Punter mishandled a snap on a FG and one on a punt. That’s gotta be cleaned up before next week. 

Bijan is a lot of fun to watch play the game and Roschon is the heart and soul but Jonathan Brooks is an NFL running back too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Bama is likely a 20+ point favorite over all but 4-5 teams in the entire country. They are a buzzsaw that matches up well against Texas. Everything Texas struggles with Bama is good at or can take advantage of. They may roll into DKR and win 55-14 but I wouldn’t look at it as a negative. How they respond the following week is more important. 

Opened up this morning at 17.

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

I don’t think this game will be close if you ask me, and I think most people are expecting that. Bama is just ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

No slight taken here. I think the way Texas bounces back will be the biggest takeaway from this game, like you said.

I'm not expecting a win, but I don't think it's out if the realm of possibility that it could be a close game.  Bama' played four true road games last year and three were close, one possession games.  

Man it looks like Texas has a legit play maker at TE for the first time in a long time.

I also thought the defense played/looked faster.

Last week it was the depth chart, now it’s the band seating. 

Bama’s band isn’t making the trip because of the upper deck seating UT gave them. Which is typical seating for big 12 schools (OU is the only school that puts opposing bands in the lower bowl, I believe). It has been noted that this will change when Texas joins the SEC. 

Another thing people piling on Texas about. Wonder what next week’s gripe will be?

Biggest thing I want to see this week is Texas compete. We all know they aren’t at Bama’s level yet, but I’d love to see them compete their tail off anyways. Go play with great effort on both sides of the ball, execute to the best of their ability and just go play 4 quarters of football. 

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Bama’s band isn’t making the trip because of the upper deck seating UT gave them. Which is typical seating for big 12 schools (OU is the only school that puts opposing bands in the lower bowl, I believe). It has been noted that this will change when Texas joins the SEC. 

Another thing people piling on Texas about. Wonder what next week’s gripe will be?

The homeless population in Austin causing issues with parking 😂

• LOL! 2

14 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Y’all missing out not getting to see the Million Dollar Band. 

17 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I have never been to a home OU game that the opposing band was there. Even Bedlam.

1 minute ago, ETXfan16 said:

Really? I thought I saw somewhere that OU sat them low. I've never been to an OU game in Norman so I wouldn't know.

They might, but I have been to about 20-30 games in Norman over the years and I have never seen the opposing band there. I am sure opposing bands come, but I have never witnessed it in person.

• Mr. P locked this topic