Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

Anything from a 14-17 loss to, of course, a win....I'll take it.

Just want to see a competitive game and good news is, so do the recruits that'll be in attendance. 

I do think that Ja'Tavion Sanders and Bijan Robinson will see heavy success in this one. 

On 9/8/2022 at 8:14 AM, JustAFan11 said:

I absolutely chose Texas in the pickem because I never pick against them. I never put money on my favorite teams in any sport. 
I can see a scenario where this game is in doubt in the 4th quarter. I don’t believe Texas can play this like the LSU game a few years ago. Texas can’t match scoring with Bama, this game is all about how much the defense has improved since last year. Bama has their least experience group along the oline, Gibbs is a good back but he’s not Najee Harris, their best WR is the freshman slot, and obviously Bryce Young is incredible. 

If Texas is in this game late it’s because of the defense and after last season that’s scary. Haha

One thing I noticed last week was that the defense seemed to pursue well. They also seemed to be fundamentally sound penetrating the gaps and with their tackling as well. A change from the last few years.

The O-Line did well in respect to picking up stunts. That is a major upgrade after the last few years. Unfortunately I do expect Alabama's defense to stress the Texas offense in every facet.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:36 PM, WETSU said:

I always tend to take season openers stats against scrubs with a grain of salt. Kent state ran the ball all over A&M to start the season last year, A&M finished with the 3rd ranked defense in the country. Season openers are usually very vanilla play calling with backups playing the entire second half after a lead. 

I agree Texas gets more than 1.5, but I don’t think Utah st is any indication of what Texas will see vs Bama. 

Agreed, I'm sure Sark didn't put the full weight of the offensive scheme on a RS frosh. Everything is vanilla the first week with P5 teams.

6 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

He drove the QB into the ground. While I agree that it was a good hit, in todays game, they call that every time. 

I don’t really understand the call there though. Literally both players were airborne. How is he supposed to not fall on top of him? He would have to defy physics in that situation to have not landed on him. 

23 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Great quarter for the Texas offense. Of course Bama hurts our quarterback. If Ewers can’t come back Texas is done. 

Yeah, Bama had no answer for the offense with Ewers.

Card gives us no chance, playbook gets cut in half instantaneously. You saw that in the last drive.

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

No, that was really a silly thought.

Both Card and Ewers were highly rated coming out of high school, but Ewers can make all the throws and everyone has always known that, huge arm.

Can we all admit that it was silly to believe the rumors you guys have run with too? Lol. 40 mil a signing class? 

• Mr. P locked this topic