Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

Great half for Texas despite the injury to Ewers, Worthy dropped TD, and missed FG. 

Very impressed with the defense so far too. The long TD run from Bama was blocked very well. Got a break on the dropped 3rd down throw just before the last Texas drive. 

The oline has been really good in pass pro. They started to open some holes in the run game on the last 2 series. 

I guess to break the Colt curse we have to beat Alabama with our backup. 

• Like 1

Really impressed, but also very frustrated in the first half. 

A dropped pass and missed FG from a 17-10 halftime lead. 
Ewers is absolutely the guy! Sanders is going to be one of the top TE’s in the country. Bijan is so freaking special. OL did far better than I expected. Outside of 1 play, the defense dominated! 

The injury to Ewers, just don’t know what to say. This offense isn’t the same with Card. 

Second half, Card simply needs to sustain drives. Keep the defense rested. They are keeping Texas in this game.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I don’t really understand the call there though. Literally both players were airborne. How is he supposed to not fall on top of him? He would have to defy physics in that situation to have not landed on him. 

The ball was out before contact was made.  He knew

27 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Just curious if any non Texas fan wants to point out the 2 clear PI’s against Bama, since you’re quick to question a call on a QB hit. 

I think the early  Non call against sanders was PI, the one called right before half, could’ve gone either way

Outside of the one big run the defense has played very well.  Offense with ewers is awesome with card not so much.  They are going to have to cut him loose and see what happens to stay in this game.  Otherwise that defense gets tired and the floodgates open.  Recruits should be excited for what they've seen so far though.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic