Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

Great game for visiting recruits on both sides of the ball. They saw what could be with QB1, and a strong performance from the defense. Gary Patterson might have been our best recruit last year. Gutsy performance by Card. Can’t wait until the OL gets some help. 

• Like 1

Too many points left on the field…

Dropped pass in the end zone by Worthy

Missed FG before halftime

Horrible ‘non’ safety call

Backup QB that completely changed the offense. 

And still lost by 1. 

So much to be excited about moving forward, IF Ewers can go. 

• Like 1

Frustrated knowing that we had the chance to win that game, but overall satisfied with the energy and effort Texas put forth. Defense was phenomenal, and Patterson is a serious game changer. Quinn going down was a killer and Card playing hurt was tough, but this team was resilient. All I wanted to see was them not mentally fold.

All week I heard all these talking heads talk about how this wasn’t even a game worth going to and Texas was going to get blown out. This program is headed in the right direction, and I’ll even say if Ewers stays in, Texas wins this game. Moot point, but I say that to say he was very impressive and was banging on all cylinders before going out. 

Get everyone healthy. Dallas on December 3 is still on the table🤘🏼

17 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I get the sarcasm. The guys does it constantly. But the knock on Texas is that we always recruit well but don't develop players. The last two weeks we have seen a different mentality on defense. It was taken with a grain of salt last week against ULM - not so much today. Also 2 of those 5-stars and 20 of those 4-stars are true freshmen.

• Like 2

I hate to be this guy, I really do, but the officiating this game was the worst I’ve seen. Missed calls on both teams for sure. But the no calls were absolute game changing no calls. (Missed safety, missed face mask, and this miss hold). Texas left a lot of points on the board so im not blaming this loss on officiating, but this stuff can’t happen.

I don’t mind missed calls, but those were clear pivotal points of the game that were impacted. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

That's sore loser S! I watched the game And Anderson was held at least 20 times. If you disagree, I'm sorry your dumb. Go back and watch the film. My gosh

Ain’t sore loser ####. Bama was called for 16 penalties and could have easily been called for double that. Sit down. 

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You cannot seriously believe Alabama was treated worse by the officials than Texas was in that game.

No I didn't say that. But that dude called out one play. Go back over the whole game and see how many holding calls could have been called. Reminder, he called out a "holding" call.

Bottom line, Texas outplayed Bama today because of Sark. Bama has some questions to ask of themselves of why they play so bad on the road.

If Ewers was still in the game it could have gotten out of hand.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic