Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

4 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Anyone catch Saban cussing one of his players after the game for throwing Horns down? He recognizes how ignorant that is.

When informed of the penalty in a press conference earlier in the week, he looked like he thought the rule about a specific team was silly. However, he’s a big proponent of respecting the game and your opponent, and he was probably thinking “just shake hands and go to the locker room. We are very fortunate to get out of here with a win. Respect them for their efforts, and get your ### in gear because we’ve got a lot of work to do if we’re going to accomplish anything this season.” 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

No I didn't say that. But that dude called out one play. Go back over the whole game and see how many holding calls could have been called. Reminder, he called out a "holding" call.

Bottom line, Texas outplayed Bama today because of Sark. Bama has some questions to ask of themselves of why they play so bad on the road.

If Ewers was still in the game it could have gotten out of hand.

I called out 3 plays. 

Just now, ETXfan16 said:

Ain’t sore loser ####. Bama was called for 16 penalties and could have easily been called for double that. Sit down. 

Yes you are cover up your curse words! I's it common for Bama to have that many penalties under Saban? Go look at the numbers. Now BYE to a homer that doesn't look at everything! 

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Yes you are cover up your curse words! I's it common for Bama to have that many penalties under Saban? Go look at the numbers. Now BYE to a homer that doesn't look at everything! 

The penalties called on Bama weren’t even questionable. They were blatant. 

11 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

No I didn't say that. But that dude called out one play. Go back over the whole game and see how many holding calls could have been called. Reminder, he called out a "holding" call.

Bottom line, Texas outplayed Bama today because of Sark. Bama has some questions to ask of themselves of why they play so bad on the road.

If Ewers was still in the game it could have gotten out of hand.

Good post!

UT had that secondary confused.

Card did as good as he could, but Ewers was a game changer.

• Like 1

I'm not a Texas fan but man, they played a heck of a game today. Their defense, which was absolutely horrible last year, kept them in the game all day and I started wondering what the big difference was...found out they added one of the best defensive coaches in the game, Gary Pattison (retired TCU head coach), in the off season. The man is a defensive genius and proved it once again today. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Great game for visiting recruits on both sides of the ball. They saw what could be with QB1, and a strong performance from the defense. Gary Patterson might have been our best recruit last year. Gutsy performance by Card. Can’t wait until the OL gets some help. 

I am with you on Patterson…..thought this when he became a Horn. 

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

Missed FG in first half...

Missed facemask call that would've given Texas 1st and goal...

And we definitely missed Ewers.

Last drive for Bama - CB blitz that hit the QB but didn’t tackle him and went for big yards - the right tackle was holding big time on #18(?)……..white hat reached for his flag, missed, and just let it go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good to see Texas’ fans helping the team today - they were loud……..Got a good laugh in the 2nd quarter when Texas made a nice sack(at the 9:00 or 10:00 minute mark) and the cameraman went to the stands - there she was, a real pretty young lady, giving the double bird to I assume Bama. 

• Mr. P locked this topic