Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

Texas got hosed in that game. Two obvious PI's that didn't get called early in the game. The "targeting" call on the safety/intentional grounding. And the obvious holding on the scramble. Oghoufo would have caught Young rounding the corner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Card not being able to hit the deep ball is allowing UTSA to keep big numbers around the LOS and it made running the ball difficult until Texas started getting the edge. 

Missed tackles have killed the defense and the RB passed was played very but neither DB played the ball and it ends up as a touchdown instead of an INT. 

Tied at the half is much better than what it could have been. UTSA is a very well coached veteran team and they won’t beat themselves. 

35 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Great halftime adjustments from the coaches. Defense won the second half 7-3 with the Barton pick-6. 

Texas has to get more from Card to win next week in Lubbock. If he can’t make defenses account for him in the passing game the offense won’t do much. 

I’d like to see him use his legs more (healthy, of course). He can run

• Like 1

I never really panicked. I knew Traylor would have UTSA ready to roll as soon as they hit the field. What, 9 plays without a huddle? Yeah they've had this game circled since last year.

I called the onside kick as well. Signature Traylor move. I'm surprised they caught anyone off guard, but I guess they don't really study how he coached in high school. 

Overall, they got it done. You could feel it slipping before half, then it just felt almost entirely under control the 2nd half. 

The targeting call was nonsense. 

Card definitely struggles with the deep ball, and pressure. He's got to figure it out before next week, not that I think TTU is better than UTSA, but the environment will be very hostile. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I never really panicked. I knew Traylor would have UTSA ready to roll as soon as they hit the field. What, 9 plays without a huddle? Yeah they've had this game circled since last year.

I called the onside kick as well. Signature Traylor move. I'm surprised they caught anyone off guard, but I guess they don't really study how he coached in high school. 

Overall, they got it done. You could feel it slipping before half, then it just felt almost entirely under control the 2nd half. 

The targeting call was nonsense. 

Card definitely struggles with the deep ball, and pressure. He's got to figure it out before next week, not that I think TTU is better than UTSA, but the environment will be very hostile. 

UTSA faired better than anyone thought they could.  We will be looking at a top 25 UTSA team by the end of the year again IMHO.

• Mr. P locked this topic