Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

28 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Quinn Ewers returned to practice today. No word yet on if he'll play this week, but the fact he's back at practice is a very good sign.

He's back to throwing in pads and everything, but from what I've heard they don't want him playing Saturday. WVU is more likely.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stoney said:

@ETXfan16 had no idea this was that old of news. Honestly, Stoney has no issue with someone wanting to light up a little skunk weed. Weed or pills, I’d rather someone take the weed. 

Had no idea this happened last December either. I guess the guy that reported it was just wanting to be first. I think it's a ridiculous thing getting arrested for when people go to dinner and slam alcohol and drive home, but that's a convo for another thread 🤪

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Anyone know when  we can expect a ruling on Overshown's ridiculous  targeting suspension? .....

Hoping the delay means they are working on overturning it. This is the first year the Big 12 is doing these appeals, so I'm not sure what the timeframe is. 

18 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Tech game is sold out.

First time they've sold out Jones AT&T since 2018 when they played *checks notes*..... Texas.

For as unsuccessful Tech has been in the head to head match up with UT, they sure get up when the Longhorns roll into LBK.

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Hoping the delay means they are working on overturning it. This is the first year the Big 12 is doing these appeals, so I'm not sure what the timeframe is. 

From my understanding the ruling is deferred to the NCAA and not the conference.  I expect a ruling by at least halftime of the Tech game.

• LOL! 1

On 9/17/2022 at 11:00 PM, Hookemhorns88 said:

Going to really miss Overshown in the first half next week unless the targeting gets overruled by the league.

Jeff Howe said yesterday that it is a national review board that looks at appeals, not the conference.

7 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Had no idea this happened last December either. I guess the guy that reported it was just wanting to be first. I think it's a ridiculous thing getting arrested for when people go to dinner and slam alcohol and drive home, but that's a convo for another thread 🤪

One is legal, one is not.  There are consequences for getting caught drinking and driving too though.  Weed is illegal to even possess.  

I personally can’t understand how one can’t lay off the weed for 3-4 years to end up with a top notch education and astronomical potential earnings.  Why throw that away for weed???  Beats me

26 minutes ago, ANTI said:

The Jalen Hale recruitment has certainly taken a huge turn the past 24 hours.

has it though? I feel like Bama has been in this the whole time. If he lands at either it wouldn’t shock me. I know that’s not what the “research” has said but other sites have made this out to be a pretty tight race between the two for some time now. I do think he ends up at Texas, I just think it’s been a close one for a while and not just a last minute Bama push. 

27 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Hale would have been a luxury take at this point anyways.  Texas already has three really good WR commits.  If they feel they need another one in a few months, I'm sure the portal will have plenty of productive guys in it.

It’d still stink to lose a top Texas talent to Alabama, especially when he’s been considered a Texas lean for months.

• Mr. P locked this topic