Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

2 minutes ago, VonG said:

This must be Tech national championship game. Calm down its only the 4th game of the year. Beating Texas doesn't have that same aura about them nowadays. 

It’s probably more because this is most likely the last time tech plays them in Lubbock. 

On 9/23/2022 at 3:34 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I just hate seeing top Texas talent, especially top East Texas talent who also happen to be some of the best at their position in the nation, don’t go to a Texas school. And when it’s UT who is battling for their commitment and we lose that battle to Alabama…..ughhhh.

You and me both.

Texas constantly gets clowned by fans of OOS programs for not winning more games, but it's their programs taking our top talent every year. lol

Sark tried to sit on a 14 point lead, just like last year.  He still hasn’t learned you can’t do it to an opponent that’s gashing your defense.  And why not send pressure on that QB every down?  He could not handle it.  

Im facing the fact.  Sark is a rehash HC.  A good OC when his talent is better, but can’t deviate from his plan when it doesn’t work.  This is ridiculous.  Texas should’ve won that game by 21-24 pts with their backup but sark folded in the second half.  

• Like 1

Unfortunately, defense has gotten worse since week 2. Plain and simple.

But....It's not like Tech is an FCS school. They have some talent, especially from Smith who should have been starting from all along for them. 2 tough RB's who continues to gash the middle of our defense like a knife through hot butter....Hurt not having Overshown 1st half, but I'm not sure he would have helped THAT much anyway.

But.....I have to remind myself that there's a reason Hudson Card is a backup, and this loss w/ Alabama loss was with Card playing 7 of possible 8 quarters. That INT he threw was a throw they don't even attempt in Pee Wee, much less in a D1 football game, pathetic throw. I can't put this loss totally on Sark, or totally on defense, but definitely a subpar showing. This week, we simply did not get better. We weren't going to go undefeated anyway, no matter what trolls come here from out of the bridge, but I do have to LOL seeing fans storm the field like they just won a Natty or something 🤣

Nonetheless, Hook'em! \m/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Unfortunately, defense has gotten worse since week 2. Plain and simple.

But....It's not like Tech is an FCS school. They have some talent, especially from Smith who should have been starting from all along for them. 2 tough RB's who continues to gash the middle of our defense like a knife through hot butter....Hurt not having Overshown 1st half, but I'm not sure he would have helped THAT much anyway.

But.....I have to remind myself that there's a reason Hudson Card is a backup, and this loss w/ Alabama loss was with Card playing 7 of possible 8 quarters. That INT he threw was a throw they don't even attempt in Pee Wee, much less in a D1 football game, pathetic throw. I can't put this loss totally on Sark, or totally on defense, but definitely a subpar showing. This week, we simply did not get better. We weren't going to go undefeated anyway, no matter what trolls come here from out of the bridge, but I do have to LOL seeing fans storm the field like they just won a Natty or something 🤣

Nonetheless, Hook'em! \m/

Bama played down not Texas playing up. This defense still has issues. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Sark tried to sit on a 14 point lead, just like last year.  He still hasn’t learned you can’t do it to an opponent that’s gashing your defense.  And why not send pressure on that QB every down?  He could not handle it.  

Im facing the fact.  Sark is a rehash HC.  A good OC when his talent is better, but can’t deviate from his plan when it doesn’t work.  This is ridiculous.  Texas should’ve won that game by 21-24 pts with their backup but sark folded in the second half.  

I agree.  I like Sark and the way he handles himself.  I especially like that he doesn't smack gum throughout the entire game like previous coach.  That alone would make any coach more tolerable.  

Texas fans just need to realize that something is deeply embedded in the culture of the Texas football program that keeps them from approaching every game like they are going to open a can of w-a on the other team and never let up. 

They need to go full stop, and start from the bottom....  If I were coach for a day, I would take the locker rooms down to the studs, removing any semblance of comfort or anything that would convey to them that they are playing at top level program, because they aren't.  The only thing that is top level is the money.  I'd do the same for my office and every other part of the facility.  Then as we show on the field that we are a legitimate program, we would consider gradually bringing the perks back.  

Edited by Everide2016

7 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

I agree.  I like Sark and the way he handles himself.  I especially like that he doesn't smack gum throughout the entire game like previous coach.  That alone would make any coach more tolerable.  

Texas fans just need to realize that something is deeply embedded in the culture of the Texas football program that keeps them from approaching every game like they are going to open a can of w-a on the other team and never let up. 

They need to go full stop, and start from the bottom....  If I were coach for a day, I would take the locker rooms down to the studs, removing any semblance of comfort or anything that would convey to them that they are playing at top level program, because they aren't.  The only thing that is top level is the money.  I'd do the same for my office and every other part of the facility.  Then as we show on the field that we are a legitimate program, we would consider gradually bringing the perks back.  

Today had nothing to do with culture, at all.  It had to do with Sark taking his foot off the gas.  With his backup qb gaining confidence, he started going conservative, and cost his team.  14 points is not enough to sit on with these potent offenses.  

Defensively…..Rod Gilmore said it 16,328 times.  When Texas brought pressure they stopped Tech.  The QB got comfortable in 3 man rushes and picked them apart, especially when the WRs were given cushion.  If rod gilmore saw it why can’t a $5million coach.  Sark kept throwing his defense back on the field for long periods of time with little break.  

This had nothing to do with culture.  This was a coach losing a game for his players.  If he continues the trend he started last year, it will turn into a culture issue.  

Everyone can improve, at every position. 

We are still without Junior Anguila and Isaiah Neyor. [2 positional starters]. Outside of Worthy and Wittington, we don't have that go getter at WR. [Like we'll have with Cook and Niblett]. Cain doesn't impress me, and at times we see that our playcalling does go very conservative but then again, look at our QB. Card is AT MOST a "game manager", not someone that can actually go win you a game with his arm. He'll always have that bonehead play, there's a reason he's a backup and reason he didn't win the battle majority of year last year.

-I just hope Ewers isn't rushed back, take 1 more week, and be back for OU game + rest of season. It's not like we were winning a Natty this year anyway, no need to rush him back before he's 100%. I can only hope we pick up the play of football and not lose many if any recruits in the near future.

• Mr. P locked this topic