Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

6 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Everyone can improve, at every position. 

We are still without Junior Anguila and Isaiah Neyor. [2 positional starters]. Outside of Worthy and Wittington, we don't have that go getter at WR. [Like we'll have with Cook and Niblett]. Cain doesn't impress me, and at times we see that our playcalling does go very conservative but then again, look at our QB. Card is AT MOST a "game manager", not someone that can actually go win you a game with his arm. He'll always have that bonehead play, there's a reason he's a backup and reason he didn't win the battle majority of year last year.

-I just hope Ewers isn't rushed back, take 1 more week, and be back for OU game + rest of season. It's not like we were winning a Natty this year anyway, no need to rush him back before he's 100%. I can only hope we pick up the play of football and not lose many if any recruits in the near future.

I’m not a card pumper at all, but he was the reason they were up 24-14, and had a chance to extend the lead.  Aside from the poor read on the safety and Interception, he played extremely well.  He is good, not great.  We all know this.  But he was good enough to ride him to a victory today.  Every 4th down Texas went wildcat.  In the second half, Texas ran every first down, most of the second downs and only passed in 3rd and long.  In passing situations card got very few options across the middle.  Card will transfer after the season and will likely do well in a different system.  He was either the top or second rated dual threat qb when he came out of HS.  

• Like 1

@DB2point0Yeah, I see that. I've never been a fan of the Wildcat, even when the Dolphins used Cadillac and Ricky. I know Roshon played QB at PNG, but from what I can recall has he ever passed out of it? I know you said it earlier but PC'ing definitely got very predictable 2nd half, and I appreciate you posting that other tweet from our boy Rod Babers!

*I just don't think it's as bad as it seems, and I maybe in denial but I think Sark + Co will right the ship.

38 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

@DB2point0Yeah, I see that. I've never been a fan of the Wildcat, even when the Dolphins used Cadillac and Ricky. I know Roshon played QB at PNG, but from what I can recall has he ever passed out of it? I know you said it earlier but PC'ing definitely got very predictable 2nd half, and I appreciate you posting that other tweet from our boy Rod Babers!

*I just don't think it's as bad as it seems, and I maybe in denial but I think Sark + Co will right the ship.

In his post game press conference he made one comment about his play calling and it was the 4th and 2 wildcat that got stuffed.  He said the defense needs to figure out how to get off the field.  First step in fixing a problem is realizing there’s a problem. Tom Herman never realized it.  16 games in and so far Sark may not either.

20 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Thanks for showing OU can lay an egg as well today.

This is the 1st team with a pulse that Oklahoma had played all year. They got what they deserved. 

Any realistic Oklahoma fan expected some losses this season. You won’t find me celebrating how close a game was. 

Edited by Valhalla
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

In his post game press conference he made one comment about his play calling and it was the 4th and 2 wildcat that got stuffed.  He said the defense needs to figure out how to get off the field.  First step in fixing a problem is realizing there’s a problem. Tom Herman never realized it.  16 games in and so far Sark may not either.

Charlie Strong and Tom Herman never lost in Lubbock.  Let that sink in.  At this point all you can really do is laugh.

18 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Charlie Strong and Tom Herman never lost in Lubbock.  Let that sink in.  At this point all you can really do is laugh.

It's worse to lose at home than at Lubbock.

Herman had Sam. 

Edited by H3llR4z0r

7 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

20220924_210403.jpg

@H3llR4z0rThis slipped my mind for a moment, thanks for the screenshot.....So it was like 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 4, late in 4th, and this isn't a catch?!?!? What's even more laughable is that it wasn't even reviewed lol and Tech goes on down and takes the lead on that next drive. If this is ruled a catch like it should have been, maybe we go down and score and the rest is history.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m not a card pumper at all, but he was the reason they were up 24-14, and had a chance to extend the lead.  Aside from the poor read on the safety and Interception, he played extremely well.  He is good, not great.  We all know this.  But he was good enough to ride him to a victory today.  Every 4th down Texas went wildcat.  In the second half, Texas ran every first down, most of the second downs and only passed in 3rd and long.  In passing situations card got very few options across the middle.  Card will transfer after the season and will likely do well in a different system.  He was either the top or second rated dual threat qb when he came out of HS.  

Card is not good. He wouldn't have started for any of the Teams Texas has played so far this year. Not sure what games you have been watching. 

34 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Card is not good. He wouldn't have started for any of the Teams Texas has played so far this year. Not sure what games you have been watching. 

20/30 for 277 yds and 2 TDs.  He extended a couple drives with his legs that ended up with points.  Does he fit Sark’s offense?  Not really.  Is he better than Ewers?  Not even close.  He is good enough to keep Texas from getting blown out by Bama and have a chance to win every remaining game on the schedule…..IF sark will use him right.  Sark rode the brakes the entire second half and the offense got predictable on every down.  The defense was struggling and he kept throwing them out there.  Sometimes you just have to try to score 70 to win.  It’s that simple.

Card is good enough to win with the talent around him… 

25 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

20/30 for 277 yds and 2 TDs.  He extended a couple drives with his legs that ended up with points.  Does he fit Sark’s offense?  Not really.  Is he better than Ewers?  Not even close.  He is good enough to keep Texas from getting blown out by Bama and have a chance to win every remaining game on the schedule…..IF sark will use him right.  Sark rode the brakes the entire second half and the offense got predictable on every down.  The defense was struggling and he kept throwing them out there.  Sometimes you just have to try to score 70 to win.  It’s that simple.

We will have to agree to disagree. He is a bus driver at best. Watched him last year and this year. Not sure which Big 12 team he could start for. As long as Texas is trotting out QB'S like Card the Horns don't have much of a chance in the Big 12 much less the SEC!

4 hours ago, iRockNewbzz said:

@H3llR4z0rThis slipped my mind for a moment, thanks for the screenshot.....So it was like 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 4, late in 4th, and this isn't a catch?!?!? What's even more laughable is that it wasn't even reviewed lol and Tech goes on down and takes the lead on that next drive. If this is ruled a catch like it should have been, maybe we go down and score and the rest is history.

Yep, this was crucial. Wasn't even thought about. I mean where was even an instant replay to make them think about it?

First of all, hats off to Tech. Their coach gambled on 4th downs and more often than not, they were rewarded. In the second half, they kept the Texas defense on the field and wore them out. My untrained observation was Texas tried to win the game up the middle and were unsuccessful. Tech had numbers in the box and shut down the runs up middle. Felt getting Robinson and Johnson to the edge more would have opened up the middle and had the corners cheating against the run. Losing Worthy in the second half allowed the field to shrink. On to WVU.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Agree.

Card is definitely good enough for UT to have won each game from Alabama to OU until Ewers returns.

Card was hitting some nice throws during the middle quarters of the game and then the play calling got too conservative.

Card is no Ewers, but he is not a spare.

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P locked this topic