Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

3 hours ago, eagle34 said:

We will have to agree to disagree. He is a bus driver at best. Watched him last year and this year. Not sure which Big 12 team he could start for. As long as Texas is trotting out QB'S like Card the Horns don't have much of a chance in the Big 12 much less the SEC!

The Texas offense is not as good with Card playing instead of Ewers, everybody knows that .... that said, Card is not the reason Texas lost to Alabama or TT ... he played good enough to have won both of those games ... bad calls cost Texas the upset against Alabama and lackluster play calling and a gassed defense cost us the game yesterday  ... Texes is vastly improved over last year and will continue to get better, especially after Ewers returns ...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The Texas offense is not as good with Card playing instead of Ewers, everybody knows that .... that said, Card is not the reason Texas lost to Alabama or TT ... he played good enough to have won both of those games ... bad calls cost Texas the upset against Alabama and lackluster play calling and a gassed defense cost us the game yesterday  ... Texes is vastly improved over last year and will continue to get better, especially after Ewers returns ...

I agree Card is the not the reason why they lost. I disagree that he played good enough to win. The offense he led scored 1 TD in the last half and OT. That is not good enough. Why do you think Texas is vastly improved over last year. It's not the Defense, it's not the QB, don't see it in the o-line. Very curious to hear what areas you think they are vastly improved. I just don't see it. 

3 hours ago, eagle34 said:

We will have to agree to disagree. He is a bus driver at best. Watched him last year and this year. Not sure which Big 12 team he could start for. As long as Texas is trotting out QB'S like Card the Horns don't have much of a chance in the Big 12 much less the SEC!

Lol, you just keep thinking that.  I know what happened yesterday, and it wasn’t Card’s fault.  He was clutch on the drive to tie the game up.  You must’ve been watching a different game

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

I agree Card is the not the reason why they lost. I disagree that he played good enough to win. The offense he led scored 1 TD in the last half and OT. That is not good enough. Why do you think Texas is vastly improved over last year. It's not the Defense, it's not the QB, don't see it in the o-line. Very curious to hear what areas you think they are vastly improved. I just don't see it. 

Texas was an 8-4/9-3 team last year.  Find the stats on why dark is 7-9.  See how many of those losses he had a double digits lead in.  You’ll figure it out soon enough.  

9 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Texas was an 8-4/9-3 team last year.  Find the stats on why dark is 7-9.  See how many of those losses he had a double digits lead in.  You’ll figure it out soon enough.  

Let me ask you this since you and Kirt are the only Card lovers I know. With all things being equal, if Ewers was the QB for all 4 games would they have the same record or do you think they would be 4-0? 

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Bottom line yesterday was the defense couldn't get off the field on 4th down. Got to make him pay for that river boat gambling he continued doing. Or at least that's my take.

Exactly! The Defense was terrible last year and not much better this year. That's not going to change until they get some better D lineman in Austin. They are going to have to outscore teams to win now. Scoring and Offensive creativity is what Sark was supposed to bring to Austin and he hasn't done it, even with one of the top RB's in all of College football. 

13 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

They are improved in all areas ... you don't see it because you are probably not a Texas fan, or you just don’t want to see it ... Card doesn't call the plays .... and we will have to agree to disagree about his play ....

• Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Let me ask you this since you and Kirt are the only Card lovers I know. With all things being equal, if Ewers was the QB for all 4 games would they have the same record or do you think they would be 4-0? 

Im not Card lover ... you have been totally off base with every thing you have said ....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Today had nothing to do with culture, at all.  It had to do with Sark taking his foot off the gas.  With his backup qb gaining confidence, he started going conservative, and cost his team.  14 points is not enough to sit on with these potent offenses.  

Defensively…..Rod Gilmore said it 16,328 times.  When Texas brought pressure they stopped Tech.  The QB got comfortable in 3 man rushes and picked them apart, especially when the WRs were given cushion.  If rod gilmore saw it why can’t a $5million coach.  Sark kept throwing his defense back on the field for long periods of time with little break.  

This had nothing to do with culture.  This was a coach losing a game for his players.  If he continues the trend he started last year, it will turn into a culture issue.  

I still believe it's in the culture.  Going back through 4 coaches to 2010, they've managed to squander and underperform and the answer is always the coach?  Do they not go out and hire what they consider the best coach, and then UT finds a way to turn the "best" coach into doo-doo?  Texas simply is not a top tier program.  They will have a good run again at some point and then return to mediocrity for 10-15 years.  It's who they are. 

• Thumbs Down 2

8 hours ago, eagle34 said:

4-0 most definitely, because the full playbook is available with him.  Even with card though, Texas had a legit shot at being 4-0.  I’m not a card pumper either.  He has flaws.  Texas should be glad they have a decent #2.  

Sark was putting him in position to succeed the first half.  Second half he actually took the reigns from him.  When the game was on the line (1:29 left) he let card take them the distance to set up the FG.  The dude is good.  Better than serviceable.  He’s not great

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

I still believe it's in the culture.  Going back through 4 coaches to 2010, they've managed to squander and underperform and the answer is always the coach?  Do they not go out and hire what they consider the best coach, and then UT finds a way to turn the "best" coach into doo-doo?  Texas simply is not a top tier program.  They will have a good run again at some point and then return to mediocrity for 10-15 years.  It's who they are. 

Texas is playing a physical brand of football.  They looked really good early.  The D was agreed I’ve in the first half, got pressure, put the qb to making mistakes.  Second half was different.  Db’s played off, 3 man front, no pressure.  Couldn’t get off the field and got fatigued.  Then the missed tackles started happening.  Sark kept putting them back on the field.

dud you even watch the game???

Now that I've been able to digest this game...

I see a lot of people in panic mode, and while this loss is a bad one, there's no panic from me. The only thing that really bugs me about this loss is that it gives me flashbacks to last season. Up by 2 scores in the second half, but can't seem to pull it out or step on their throat. Sark really needs to figure that out, because Texas shouldn't have lost this game. It's inexcusable. When Tech goes 6/8 on 4th down, it tells me you made zero adjustments. So while they shouldn't have lost, they deserved to lose.

I don't understand why our DB's play 7-10 yards off the ball and we get gashed on hitches.  Tech's offensive line was by far their biggest weakness, but we only rush 3? I just don't understand the defensive alignments. Whether it's PK, Patterson, or Sark's fault idk, but somebody needs to figure that out. 

Offensive play was fine imo, but the wildcat was not there, and other than a bad read, I thought Card played well. He's been gutsy the past two weeks playing through an obvious injury, but he made a few good throws and then all of the sudden his number stopped getting called in favor of the wildcat. Not sure what the deal was there, but I can't blame the offense.

Last point - Card will win you games that you should win. And this was one of those. I think he played well enough for Texas to walk out of LBK with a win, but the defense didn't do him any favors. Do I think Texas is 4-0 with Quinn? Yes. But that's a moot point. Still a lot of football left to be played, and Texas could lose 2 more games and it's right where people predicted them. Everyone take a deep breath...

Bonus: You can't convince me that there is a trashier fan base than Texas Tech.

1 hour ago, PelvisPresley said:

file charges against that D-bag and some of this kind of stuff might end...

43 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Complete garbage man. And they wonder why Texas is so hesitant to keep the game between them alive when we move to the SEC. It's sad. 

36 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ugh. Tech doing their thing. This has been their M-O as long as I can remember. 

The quicker you can detach from them, the better. 

Tech being Tech. There's another video of Texas player being pushed into a Tech student. Just ridiculous behavior, but that's nothing new for them. This is the fan base that burned couches in the middle of the street for making the final four.

Can't get away from them any faster.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Was that what happened in the video of the Tech girl being pushed?

I hate to say it, but when you jump over that railing, all bets are off. 

Yeah, at least from my eyes it looks like the Texas player was pushed from behind (you see his head fly back). Hope the girl is alright. I'm don't think she fell over or anything, but that's dangerous.

You hop over that railing and bumping shoulders with drunk college kids, anything can happen. I don't understand why they would storm the field, but Tech fans have a really unhealthy obsession with hating Texas so whatever, can't say that's shocking. But at least let the opposing team get off the field before you let a sold out crowd run wild.

4 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Yeah, at least from my eyes it looks like the Texas player was pushed from behind (you see his head fly back). Hope the girl is alright. I'm don't think she fell over or anything, but that's dangerous.

You hop over that railing and bumping shoulders with drunk college kids, anything can happen. I don't understand why they would storm the field, but Tech fans have a really unhealthy obsession with hating Texas so whatever, can't say that's shocking. But at least let the opposing team get off the field before you let a sold out crowd run wild.

Hey, they rushed the field after beating Houston this year. You know... 2-2 Houston who's only wins are over Rice and UTSA? Who got blown out by Kansas? Yeah, they rushed the field for that. As far as the toxic obsession goes, that used to be with A&M. Glad we got away from those losers a decade ago. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hey, they rushed the field after beating Houston this year. You know... 2-2 Houston who's only wins are over Rice and UTSA? Who got blown out by Kansas? Yeah, they rushed the field for that. As far as the toxic obsession goes, that used to be with A&M. Glad we got away from those losers a decade ago. 

Talk about delusional. One 10 win season since 1976.... You would think they are CFP contenders every single year.

• Mr. P locked this topic