Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

Right on @WETSU 

I could be totally wrong on this, and if I am, I don't mind eating some crow for few years, but we HAVE to give Sark like 3-5 more years. He has to have the ability to recruit "HIS GUYS" [Hopefully, very very good talent] and given time for his guys to be able to play and show that they can produce; Then if it's obvious they can't, then it's time to look elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Texas should have stayed with Mack until he decided he was done.  

Now they need to stop the rotating door of coaches and stay with Sark long term, for better or worse.  Programs need consistency.

Mack was "done" those last 2-3 years! He wasn't putting in that same high level of recruiting...he missed way more often than he hit on the guys he wanted. Guys have to be top notch to be a part of your squad...from the coaching side, once you get tired or angry with your higher ups (talking from my experience) and then it makes you take short cuts that effect you and the team's performance later. On the bright lights level they are, you can't afford any trip ups. 

47 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Right on @WETSU 

I could be totally wrong on this, and if I am, I don't mind eating some crow for few years, but we HAVE to give Sark like 3-5 more years. He has to have the ability to recruit "HIS GUYS" [Hopefully, very very good talent] and given time for his guys to be able to play and show that they can produce; Then if it's obvious they can't, then it's time to look elsewhere.

Exactly ... these aggy fans are like wild hyenas hoping Sark fails every time Texas even remotely stumbles  ...  like you said, all that talk is premature ... he needs 3 - 5 years to establish himself ....

27 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Exactly ... these aggy fans are like wild hyenas hoping Sark fails every time Texas even remotely stumbles  ...  like you said, all that talk is premature ... he needs 3 - 5 years to establish himself ....

Heck yeah! I personally hate to see when a new coach takes over a team, 1 or 2 years in, and gets ousted. I normally have empathy for them. You've literally have given THAT coach 1 year to recruit and the incoming freshman who hardly play. If I were giving contracts, it'd probably be like a 5-year deal because then you've had time to recruit your players, and have them in the system and see what results produced are like.

2 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

Mack was "done" those last 2-3 years! He wasn't putting in that same high level of recruiting...he missed way more often than he hit on the guys he wanted. Guys have to be top notch to be a part of your squad...from the coaching side, once you get tired or angry with your higher ups (talking from my experience) and then it makes you take short cuts that effect you and the team's performance later. On the bright lights level they are, you can't afford any trip ups. 

Mack was done?  He was still winning 8-9 games and we'll never know, perhaps was going to get back to 10+.  Instead the Horns moved from that to 5-6 wins a year.  What kind of sense does that make?  Three coaches since Mack and they are barely breaking even.  Mack was still killing it compared to his successors.  

35 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Look, man. You admitted to going into the A&M thread with the single purpose to stir things up. Don't cry when it happens here. 

Not crying at all, Johnny ... just calling you aggys out for going after Sark ... it's Jumbo and his 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense y'all need to be worried about .... 😂

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Texas tech. Kansas. 😂😂😂

Boy @WETSU you really upset this dude. 

Yea, we barely lost to Alabama and Texas Tech at least they were respectable schools ... y'all lost to Appalachion cough, cough, State ... :rofl:.... SFA would probably hang 60 on y'all  .... 😂

8 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yea, we barely lost to Alabama and Texas Tech at least they were respectable schools ... y'all lost to Appalachion cough, cough, State ... :rofl:.... SFA would probably hang 60 on y'all  .... 😂

Nobody has scored more than 21 all season.  Quit being an idiot. If you want to say A&M won’t score on sfa that’s one thing, but there isn’t a team in the country that could hang 60 on A&M. Don’t be dumb. 

• Like 1
  • Grumpy 1

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Nobody has scored more than 21 all season.  Quit being an idiot. If you want to say A&M won’t score on sfa that’s one thing, but there isn’t a team in the country that could hang 60 on A&M. Don’t be dumb. 

That's asking too much of him. 

But didn't I tell you to stop triggering him? Now we're gonna have to deal with his trolling all weekend lol

Edited by JohnnyFootball
  • Grumpy 1

On 9/27/2022 at 9:25 PM, WETSU said:

The tune on him has changed so much since last September. There were people on this board touting him as a top DC at one point. The shine on Gary Patterson isn’t as bright after this weekend either though. 

He was successful at Boise and UW. There is no denying that (unless you want to argue the Jimmy Lake factor). Why wouldn't Texas fans be excited last September? Were we supposed to have premonitions or be clairvoyant? 

56 minutes ago, Baron said:

He was successful at Boise and UW. There is no denying that (unless you want to argue the Jimmy Lake factor). Why wouldn't Texas fans be excited last September? Were we supposed to have premonitions or be clairvoyant? 

I thought he was a good hire as well. I’m not judging you guys for being excited last year. I’m just saying the tune has changed is all. There’s talk of giving sark 4-5 years to build his team. Why does PK not get 4-5 years to build his defensive roster? That’s the only point I was trying to make. If he was boarderline elite last year, why be over him already when it’s been obvious Texas needed a roster overhaul and is still not where it needs to be defensively from a talent and depth standpoint. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I thought he was a good hire as well. I’m not judging you guys for being excited last year. I’m just saying the tune has changed is all. There’s talk of giving sark 4-5 years to build his team. Why does PK not get 4-5 years to build his defensive roster? That’s the only point I was trying to make. If he was boarderline elite last year, why be over him already when it’s been obvious Texas needed a roster overhaul and is still not where it needs to be defensively from a talent and depth standpoint. 

That's easy. It has exactly everything to do with his reluctance to change his attitude. He has allowed the problems from last year to migrate into this year. Playing off the ball in the second half. Dink and dunk by the offense has been very effective last year and this year.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

That's easy. It has exactly everything to do with his reluctance to change his attitude. He has allowed the problems from last year to migrate into this year. Playing off the ball in the second half. Dink and dunk by the offense has been very effective last year and this year.

Those choices fall on Sark just as much as PK. And that goes for every HC/coordinator combo imo. I think Sarks fingerprints are on the defensive issues as well. Mainly the second half woes. 

• Thanks 1

I think I have less trust in PK than Sark. It was clear last weekend when we brought pressure Smith decision making was iffy at best and throws wasnt pinpoint. Problem was, we didn't bring pressure much...I mean, if it's obvious to Stevie Wonder what works on D, why isn't PK seeing the same things? Bring an extra guy or 2, you got Jamison and Watts outside CBs and Gilbeau could help as slot CB (or switch with Jamison). Have Thompson playing single high or even go straight cover 0 and force a mistake.

I just noticed something and we should all be questioning ourselves.

When the UT defense played well against Alabama it was all because of GP; all credit went to Patterson and very little to none to PK.

The UT defensive game plan was questionable at TTU and they just couldn’t get off the field; all the responsibility fell on PK and no one asked why GP wasn’t advising PK differently during the game.

• Mr. P locked this topic