Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Agreed! 

But it just wasn't "impressive" by any stretch.  

I think it was somewhat impressive.

I understand what you’re saying it’s just this is still the RRS and any big win is still great for the winning school.

Yes, this was not the 2008 Oklahoma Sooners UT just swatted 49-0; I totally get what you’re saying.

However, the efficiency in which Ewers and the UT offense executed in his return to the team was impressive. 

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I think it was somewhat impressive.

I understand what you’re saying it’s just this is still the RRS and any big win is still great for the winning school.

Yes, this was not the 2008 Oklahoma Sooners UT just swatted 49-0; I totally get what you’re saying.

However, the efficiency in which Ewers and the UT offense executed in his return to the team was impressive. 

Honestly I can't say how texas played on O.  The team they played is the worst team they've played in years! OU is that bad! Maybe they're great,  maybe not.  But the team they beat today tells them nothing.  

OUs starting QB was 6-12 for 38 yards! More than half of those were screens and swing routes. So less than 5 pass attempts were thrown past the line of scrimmage! 

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Thanks Dad! 

No doubt the whorns are "Baaaack"!!

Doesn't matter today if they're "Baaaack" or not. They beat down the Sooners and it's a good day today.  Try to enjoy your team's season and try not to stay too hung up on this for too long.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Lol,  back where they've always been

It's a good day to be a Longhorn.  Seems you're miserable.  Don't let it get the best of you.  The Sooners will eventually pull out of this 20+ year slump and get another championship.

18 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Texas has been Nebraska for the last decade themselves.

A healthy Texaas with Ewers at QB is head and shoulders better than the Jumbo led aggys ... Texas, with their back up QB came within one point of beating a full strength Alabama ... how do you think Alabama would fare against a Texas team with Ewers playing their back up Milroe?  Or an aggy team against Texas wih Ewers?  I think we all know the answer to those two questions .....

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

A healthy Texaas with Ewers at QB is head and shoulders better than the Jumbo led aggys ... Texas, with their back up QB came within one point of beating a full strength Alabama ... how do you think Alabama would fare against a Texas team with Ewers playing their back up Milroe?  Or an aggy team against Texas wih Ewers?  I think we all know the answer to those two questions .....

All I know is the facts. 

Texas lost to Alabama. 
Texas A&M lost to Alabama. 

Football is not about morale victories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

All I know is the facts. 

Texas lost to Alabama. 
Texas A&M lost to Alabama. 

Football is not about morale victories.

If this is all there was to it, every sports show would be canceled and every sports analyst would be out of a job. Thankfully, for those of us that truly love everything about football, this isn’t the case and we DO get to talk about the rest of the game. 

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

If this is all there was to it, every sports show would be canceled and every sports analyst would be out of a job. Thankfully, for those of us that truly love everything about football, this isn’t the case and we DO get to talk about the rest of the game. 

Lol guys like Shannon Sharpe, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, etc SHOULD be out of jobs. They’re absolute idiots who are paid to say outlandish stuff to generate people talking online. Clickbait at its finest. There are some good ones out there, though.

That said, I’m glad people are giving more nuanced football discussion here for once. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lol guys like Shannon Sharpe, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, etc SHOULD be out of jobs. They’re absolute idiots who are paid to say outlandish stuff to generate people talking online. Clickbait at its finest. There are some good ones out there, though.

That said, I’m glad people are giving more nuanced football discussion here for once. 

You left out Desmond Howard, the worst Gameday personality ever.  He regularly shows he either hasn't done his homework or simply doesn't have a clue.  Then he does his cackling laugh that comes across almost as emotionally disturbed.  Wish Gameday would do us all a favor and replace him.

6 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

You left out Desmond Howard, the worst Gameday personality ever.  He regularly shows he either hasn't done his homework or simply doesn't have a clue.  Then he does his cackling laugh that comes across almost as emotionally disturbed.  Wish Gameday would do us all a favor and replace him.

Same. And as much as I liked Lee Corso, he’s as senile and clueless as Kirt and Joe Biden. 

• Mr. P locked this topic