Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

On 10/16/2022 at 5:19 PM, WETSU said:

My argument was never that this should or shouldn’t have been targeting. It’s that how is this hit that meets parts of the criteria not considered targeting when calls like overshowns hit was ruled targeting. The rule sucks. 

I think you brought up the "it met SOME of the requirements"...if it doesn't meet all the aspects of targeting, then it's not.

then said "Overshown's hit was targeting"...that call was blown.

20 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

What he lacks in talent he makes up for with grit?

Y'know Pat, for Oklahoma State to be successful on offense, this Gundy kid is gonna have to find a way to score points without turning the ball over. 

7UodZs6.gif

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, LOL said:

Y'know Pat, for Oklahoma State to be successful on offense, this Gundy kid is gonna have to find a way to score points without turning the ball over. 

7UodZs6.gif

"I think if Oklahoma State can score more points than Texas, they win the football game, Pat."

• LOL! 4

On 10/16/2022 at 9:05 AM, Lhornfan said:

So does Venables take away Colton Vasek’s offer for visiting Texas this weekend? I guess we’ll see if he’s a man of his word. Also, it might not even matter. 

He should, it was Vasek's second "visit" if you count the RRR. Lot's of smoke about a flip but not necessarily to Texas. Oregon is working him as well.

17 hours ago, Baron said:

He should, it was Vasek's second "visit" if you count the RRR. Lot's of smoke about a flip but not necessarily to Texas. Oregon is working him as well.

YES! It looks like Ketch thinks he's flipping to UT. That seals it: he's coming to OU.  :woot:

But seriously...  I don't even follow recruiting, and even I wish folks would chill about this kid. I'm seeing waaaay too many posts and tweets about it. Sooners and 'Horn fans alike. Let's let the kid enjoy his season without all the theatrics. 

37 minutes ago, LOL said:

YES! It looks like Ketch thinks he's flipping to UT. That seals it: he's coming to OU.  :woot:

But seriously...  I don't even follow recruiting, and even I wish folks would chill about this kid. I'm seeing waaaay too many posts and tweets about it. Sooners and 'Horn fans alike. Let's let the kid enjoy his season without all the theatrics. 

It's been serious overkill the past 2 weeks. The kid isn't going to flip because the fans told him to. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

It's been serious overkill the past 2 weeks. The kid isn't going to flip because the fans told him to. 

Everything in this kids life say he should go to Texas, but he is not at the moment.

Who knows if it will hold or not, but they have said that this kid has had a desire to get away from Austin.

Edited by Valhalla
  • Like 1

And just general statement about the visit thing.

I don't recall BV ever saying that he would pull a kids offer for visiting another school. He does not consider a kid taking visits to be committed. 

Its up to the kids what their Rivals/247 profiles say.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Everything in this kids life say he should go to Texas, but he is not at the moment.

Who knows if it will hold or not, but they have said that this kid has had a desire to get away from Austin.

We've said it several times before, but the "committed" statement from kids nowadays is so flaky it's laughable. Until they sign the dotted line, they aren't truly committed. And you could even say with the transfer portal now that they aren't fully committed even when they are on the team.

I've seen a lot of decommits it seems like lately.

• Like 3

The slide rule for QB's needs to be aborted or drastically revised.  QB's wait until the last moment to make the slide, and in most cases, after the defensive player has already committed their body to making a tackle.  This slide manuever only leaves the head and shoulders the point of contact.  There needs to be a virtual fence around the QB.  If the defender is inside of the fence at the time of the slide or if the defender has already commited then all bets are off.

• Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic