Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

On 11/6/2022 at 8:20 AM, Lobo97 said:

I don’t agree that this is what happened last night.

Texas was still calling their plays in the 3rd quarter. First drive of the 3rd quarter, they’re moving down the field and on their way to make it 38-10, likely putting it out of reach. The DB for KSU made a great play coming up behind Roschon and punching the ball out. 
Next possession they were again moving the ball well. Again, the DB comes up and puts his hat directly on the ball, knocking it away from Worthy. 
It wasn’t until after that, that they became very conservative, especially on 3rd down. Bijan is arguably the best RB in the country. But when you’re calling the same thing on every 3rd down play, defenses figure that out, stack the box, and stop it. That’s exactly what KSU did. The problem was, Sark continued to call the same 3rd down play. 

I agree, but disagree. The puchout on RoJo's run did change the complexion of the game. Take a look at the second half play by play series for the last two years. There is a definite pattern when things go wrong the coaching staff turtles.

Here's a list of visitors for this weekend's game with TCU...

LB - Anthony Hill 

TE - Duce Robinson - uncommitted 

DB - Javien Toviano - uncommitted 

DE - Colton Vasek - Texas commit

WR - Jaden Greathouse - Notre Dame commit

DB - Peyton Bowen - ND commit

DB - Bravion Rogers - A&M commit 

WR - Ja'Kobi Lane - USC commit 

WR - DeAndre Moore - Louisville commit 

OL/DL - Markis Deal - uncommitted 

DE - Colin Simmons - uncommitted 

ATH - Terry Bussey - uncommitted 

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

Here's a list of visitors for this weekend's game with TCU...

LB - Anthony Hill 

TE - Duce Robinson - uncommitted 

DB - Javien Toviano - uncommitted 

DE - Colton Vasek - Texas commit

WR - Jaden Greathouse - Notre Dame commit

DB - Peyton Bowen - ND commit

DB - Bravion Rogers - A&M commit 

WR - Ja'Kobi Lane - USC commit 

WR - DeAndre Moore - Louisville commit 

OL/DL - Markis Deal - uncommitted 

DE - Colin Simmons - uncommitted 

ATH - Terry Bussey - uncommitted 

I'd love to see Terry Bussey in a Longhorn uniform ....

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

It’s ridiculous how effortless he looks when playing.  He doesn’t look like he’s putting out and is leaving kids behind.  Dude can move very smoothly

The small-school bias is gonna burn a lot of programs. He's a legit D-1 talent. Easily has the potential to be a college star. 

I don't know where he ends up, but I'd be willing to bet he's gonna have big games against plenty of schools that never bothered to make him an offer. 

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

The small-school bias is gonna burn a lot of programs. He's a legit D-1 talent. Easily has the potential to be a college star. 

I don't know where he ends up, but I'd be willing to bet he's gonna have big games against plenty of schools that never bothered to make him an offer. 

Remember Reginald Davis of Tenaha? Very similar athletes imo

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Iconic movie quote, solid execution, quality dig on a rival. 
9/10 

13C2EB2C-CB95-49F8-8B49-95DA4B7CB736.jpeg

Ok, I will give the sign content an “A” but an “F” for timing and context. As much as us Texas fans moan and complain about other schools doing the “Horns” down sign even when we are not playing the other schools, to me, this falls under the same category.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Ok, I will give the sign content an “A” but an “F” for timing and context. As much as us Texas fans moan and complain about other schools doing the “Horns” down sign even when we are not playing the other schools, to me, this falls under the same category.

To me this sign is good usage because your rival is terrible in what was supposed to be a good season for them. Gotta take shots while they’re struggling. Now if A&M was a 7-2 or 8-1,  then I agree you shouldn’t acknowledge them. 

But I’m also not one to get upset over Horns  down. 

• Mr. P locked this topic