Longhorns 2022 Thread

4 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

And yet, here you constantly are. 

How is it hate to speculate if your coach who just went 5-7 and lost to Kansas might not make it to the 2024 season?

That is discussion not hate. 

11 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

How is it hate to speculate if your coach who just went 5-7 and lost to Kansas might not make it to the 2024 season?

The point being, is that you 'discuss' more that has to do with Texas than you do OU. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't really do that and then share a meme like the one you did. Most people don't comment on something as often as you do Texas unless there's an emotional tie to it. 

12 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

See? They talk about "not hating", but can't stop posting here when something big happens. 

Actions speak louder than words ;)

But doesn't that help prove my point? That they are, in fact, rivals? lol

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

They're claiming they're not any more. 

Their actions speak louder. 

I don't think that claim was made at all. Now if any OU fan on this thread wants to officially make that claim, they'll be part of a select few. 

19 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Uh this is bigger than I expected. His commitment is trending #3 nationally on Twitter. Every football talking head is tweeting about it and it’s breaking news on ESPN. 

Like I said in the other thread, this is what ESPN and talking heads wanted. Manning and Texas are PERFECT for one another. Media darlings that will forever be overhyped on name alone. There’s not a person that knows even the slightest thing about football that has watched Manning film and thinks this is the unanimous best player in the country. They are basing this solely on name. He’s a low 4 star without his family… 

• LOL! 2
  • Stinks 1

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Like I said in the other thread, this is what ESPN and talking heads wanted. Manning and Texas are PERFECT for one another. Media darlings that will forever be overhyped on name alone. There’s not a person that knows even the slightest thing about football that has watched Manning film and thinks this is the unanimous best player in the country. They are basing this solely on name. He’s a low 4 star without his family… 

No, this is the biggest commitment in the modern recruiting era according to the Athletic. Who are we to question.

58 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Are you thinking Bedenbaugh willbe as good a play caller as Riley was?

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Are you thinking Bedenbaugh willbe as good a play caller as Riley was?

I don’t know what rock you are under, but Bedenbaugh won’t be calling any plays. 

26 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Sark and Texas just got a huge endorsement from the most beloved family in football. Maybe in the eyes of people with football knowledge he’s not a 5 star qb but that doesn’t really matter. Perception is he’s the best player in the country. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Sark and Texas just got a huge endorsement from the most beloved family in football. Maybe in the eyes of people with football knowledge he’s not a 5 star qb but that doesn’t really matter. Perception is he’s the best player in the country. 

He had offers from nearly every major program in the country. So regardless how many 'stars' they believe he's worth, those WITH football knowledge clearly wanted him on their team. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Doubt that would be your sentiment if he announced he was going to be an aggy ....

Actually yes it would. I’ve been saying since last year before Arch had even really started taking visits and there were no true leaders that I thought he was overrated. His film is nothing but him throwing easy pitch and catch throws to a D1 receiver while the kids he’s playing are Texas 3a jv caliber. 

He’s got tools and no doubt I’m sure his family has been grooming him well, but there is absolutely nothing that can be said to justify his ranking as the unanimous number 1 player. 

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Actually yes it would. I’ve been saying since last year before Arch had even really started taking visits and there were no true leaders that I thought he was overrated. His film is nothing but him throwing easy pitch and catch throws to a D1 receiver while the kids he’s playing are Texas 3a jv caliber. 

He’s got tools and no doubt I’m sure his family has been grooming him well, but there is absolutely nothing that can be said to justify his ranking as the unanimous number 1 player. 

Word on the street is it was a power point presentation from Vince Young about transitioning your college skills to become an All-Pro QB in the NFL that put Arch’s commitment over the top. 

• Love 1
  • LOL! 2

5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

No, this is the biggest commitment in the modern recruiting era according to the Athletic. Who are we to question.

Your sarcasm is noted, but from all accounts the Manning commitment has produced a cornucopia of interest from recruits that were considered long shots.

It’s obviously a huge victory for UT if he signs, and his commitment will draw interest and possibly commitments from other top prospects.

I understand where folks are coming from in saying he’s overhyped, but every other college would also love to have him.

Texas needs players like Manning, and we’ll see if he is a stud in due time. 

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

It’s obviously a huge victory for UT if he signs, and his commitment will draw interest and possibly commitments from other top prospects.

I understand where folks are coming from in saying he’s overhyped, but every other college would also love to have him.

Texas needs players like Manning, and we’ll see if he is a stud in due time. 

I think his commitment is bigger for perception than anything. I honestly don’t think he ever plays any meaningful time for Texas, but his commitment does draw attention to the program. That being said, Sark needs to win 9+ games this year regular season or else this might all be for not. Not in terms of Manning sticking but in terms of anyone having any hope of Sark ever doing anything at Texas. You simply cannot go 8-4 or worse with that schedule in year two. Not with the talent differential Texas has. 

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think his commitment is bigger for perception than anything. I honestly don’t think he ever plays any meaningful time for Texas, but his commitment does draw attention to the program. That being said, Sark needs to win 9+ games this year regular season or else this might all be for not. Not in terms of Manning sticking but in terms of anyone having any hope of Sark ever doing anything at Texas. You simply cannot go 8-4 or worse with that schedule in year two. Not with the talent differential Texas has. 

Sark needs to win now.

However, I don’t follow you on the statement Manning will never play a meaningful down at UT if he does ultimately attend UT.

39 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Sark needs to win now.

However, I don’t follow you on the statement Manning will never play a meaningful down at UT if he does ultimately attend UT.

It’s because Arch never had any real interest in A&M. Now Haynes King, that guys a legit baller under-rated 6 Star. 

• LOL! 2