Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

22 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You cared enough to respond asking for sources. So clearly, it matters to you. It matters to cotton as well based off his comments. Hearem responded as well so clearly he cares a little bit. Hell even Kirt cared enough to argue my points as well. 

Keep trying.  

Sorry if I interrupt the lovers quarrel,  but Arch Mehnning is going to flop. He'll be the next Chris Simms. He could've committed to many other schools and had a chance to be decent, but instead he chose to go to QB purgatory in The peoples republic of Austin.  

• LOL! 1

43 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Sorry if I interrupt the lovers quarrel,  but Arch Mehnning is going to flop. He'll be the next Chris Simms. He could've committed to many other schools and had a chance to be decent, but instead he chose to go to QB purgatory in The peoples republic of Austin.  

Chris Simms was pretty good while at Texas. But he’ll put up much better numbers than Simms just because of the different offensive philosophies alone. 

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I understand many colleges football fans will question Arch Manning’s real ability level until he proves on the field to be deserving of the #1 recruit ranking.

In my opinion, many people who question him do so, because of his last name whether he’s that good or not, out of pure human skepticism without judging his film and achievements at face value in a near hypocritical way. 
There’s a little bit of jealousy factor for those fans who didn’t land his commitment knowing the weight it carries in possible other recruits also joining him at UT.  Then just the general fan or journalist who may want to take a swipe at the Manning family as a whole, because of again human nature and envy, that’s a possibility too.

I am not saying Manning is the greatest ever recruit in the world or that he’s fully deserving of his ranking as the top recruit in the country.

I am saying I’m glad he’s committed to Texas and I am saying every other college football fan in the country would be happy if he were committed to their team even if only for the hype of it and possibly drawing in other top talent.

We’ll see if Arch is the real deal in time, and we’ll hope between Card and Ewers Texas has a quality QB behind center this season.

🤘🏻

People question his ranking because he plays against terrible competition and he has avoided the other competition based things used to evaluate QBs like the Elite 11.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Chris Simms was pretty good while at Texas. But he’ll put up much better numbers than Simms just because of the different offensive philosophies alone. 

Maybe, after Ewers moves on ... he may never get the chance .....

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I’ve watched lots of his film, he plays with maybe 2-3 kids that are pretty good.  The offense he plays in fits them, but doesn’t showcase his arm strength.  So you really don’t see all you need to see out of that.  

as far as stats/size , he’s everything you want.  Also I’ve seen video of him breaking down plays so he understands the X’s and O’s Of the game.  He cones from a football family so he’s been in the game most of his life.

3*, 4*, 5*?  Doesn’t matter to me.  He won’t be competing for the starting job until his 3rd year most likely.  Also, lots of recruiting analysts are guys that never played sports.  Certain ones I’ll pay attention to, most I don’t.  

If the NFL considers 2022 to be Ewers 2nd year of college, and he plays well for 2 years at Texas, he probably leaves for the NFL…….if that happens and Manning does enroll at Texas, he may only sit one year.  Not arguing, just speculating. 

3 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

If the NFL considers 2022 to be Ewers 2nd year of college, and he plays well for 2 years at Texas, he probably leaves for the NFL…….if that happens and Manning does enroll at Texas, he may only sit one year.  Not arguing, just speculating. 

True!!  I think expectations should be his third year though

8 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Keep trying.  

WETSU is wanting him to fail so bad lol

Manning commitment at the very least has helped bring in players who I believe truly live up to their rating. They are even about to land a certain ETX WR who is bonfied elite talent.

Texas is about to have the #1 recruiting class. First class since the Vince Young class to be ranked #1. Guess what happened a few years later? Natty. 

Is Manning overrated? Is he a bust? In the end, who really gives a damn. Manning will either thrive and live up to his ranking, or he won't and Ewers will thrive. Either way, win-win for Texas. I will say that I have a cousin whose a QB coach at a Louisiana D1...and according to him...Manning is definitely not lacking any talent.

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

This time last season A&M was in the 40s in recruiting. A&M is still going to finish with a top 10 class. 

That may well be, but I'm hearing that A&M miscalculated on officials in July. Don't know how that happened just hearing the scuttlebutt.

54 minutes ago, ANTI said:

WETSU is wanting him to fail so bad lol

Manning commitment at the very least has helped bring in players who I believe truly live up to their rating. They are even about to land a certain ETX WR who is bonfied elite talent.

Texas is about to have the #1 recruiting class. First class since the Vince Young class to be ranked #1. Guess what happened a few years later? Natty. 

Is Manning overrated? Is he a bust? In the end, who really gives a damn. Manning will either thrive and live up to his ranking, or he won't and Ewers will thrive. Either way, win-win for Texas. I will say that I have a cousin whose a QB coach at a Louisiana D1...and according to him...Manning is definitely not lacking any talent.

There FAR too many low rated players committed for Texas to finish first. This is comical. There are 6 3stars committed. The last 2 number one classes had 3 or less. Texas filled up too early to finish number 1. They need to trim some fat or they are gonna likely finish 3-5. 

35 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

They just took June and July off?

Bama does the same thing yearly. About this time they are ranked in the 20s or 30s and then close on big fish during the season to finish top 2. I’m not saying A&M is Bama level just yet but you guys are kidding yourself if you think A&M isn’t going to finish with a top 10 class. Just bookmark this so when it happens you guys can eat the crow. 

34 minutes ago, WETSU said:

There FAR too many low rated players committed for Texas to finish first. This is comical. 

Mikal Harrison Pilot

Jalen Hale

Anthony Hill

Colton Vasek

Cedric Baxter Jr

Hunter Osborne

Javien Toviano

Malik Mahummad

Markis Deal

Jordan Mathews

Derion Gullette

Braylan Shelby

Texas is sitting at #5 right now. They will land AT LEAST 7 of the above and when they do, numero uno. 

Not doing research is comical. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Bama does the same thing yearly. About this time they are ranked in the 20s or 30s and then close on big fish during the season to finish top 2. I’m not saying A&M is Bama level just yet but you guys are kidding yourself if you think A&M isn’t going to finish with a top 10 class. Just bookmark this so when it happens you guys can eat the crow. 

Bookmark whatever you want.  My original post was just slight troll, but of course you took with it and ran the 100 yr dash in record time 🤣. July recruiting never matters.  It’s sticking them in Dec-Feb that matters

10 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Mikal Harrison Pilot

Jalen Hale

Anthony Hill

Colton Vasek

Cedric Baxter Jr

Hunter Osborne

Javien Toviano

Malik Mahummad

Markis Deal

Jordan Mathews

Derion Gullette

Braylan Shelby

Texas is sitting at #5 right now. They will land AT LEAST 7 of the above and when they do, numero uno. 

Not doing research is comical. 

I did my research. Believing the horns sites BS is comical. You’re a fool if you think they land 7 of those 9. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You’re a fool if you think they land 7 of those 9. 

You also can't count.

There are more than 9 names on that list.

Texas won't land them all, but they'll land at least 7 of them. Hell, 5 on the list are damn near soft commits right now.

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Just because you read the 💩 that sunshine pumping Texas sites put out does not make you informed. 

Hmm.

Went back and read...no where did I say that I got my info from a single Texas site. However, I'm sure they're more informed on Texas recruiting than you are. lol

But I guess the info that you get from A&M sites make you an expert, right?

It's 2022. It's not hard to get and properly interpret info, and you also don't know me or who I talk to.

Tell ya what, for instance, Mikal Harrison's pops is @Gametyme. Been talking football with him for over a decade. Why don't you tell him where MHP is leaning since, you're the expert.

Texas has a pretty good shot at finishing with the #1 class. You can be mad and call it fake news all you want, but that's just the facts and reality of the situation.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic