Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

7 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Hmm.

Went back and read...no where did I say that I got my info from a single Texas site. However, I'm sure they're more informed on Texas recruiting than you are. lol

But I guess the info that you get from A&M sites make you an expert, right?

It's 2022. It's not hard to get and properly interpret info, and you also don't know me or who I talk to.

Tell ya what, for instance, Mikal Harrison's pops is @Gametyme. Been talking football with him for over a decade. Why don't you tell him where MHP is leaning since, you're the expert.

Texas has a pretty good shot at finishing with the #1 class. You can be mad and call it fake news all you want, but that's just the facts and reality of the situation.

So you know one guy personally and you think it leads to the number 1 class? 

The reality is Texas isn’t even number 1 right now with 18 commits. Even if they did sign 7 of those guys they are going to have a hard time holding off Bama unless they trim so of the fat off the current commit list. 6 3 stars is a lot for a number 1 class. The facts and reality is that you clearly haven’t done YOUR research and what it takes most years to have the number 1 class. 

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The reality is Texas isn’t even number 1 right now with 18 commits. Even if they did sign 7 of those guys they are going to have a hard time holding off Bama unless they trim so of the fat off the current commit list. 6 3 stars is a lot for a number 1 class. The facts and reality is that you clearly haven’t done YOUR research and what it takes most years to have the number 1 class. 

I don’t know where Texas’s class will finish, and I don’t really care unless they start winning. That said, just because the last two number 1 classes had very few 3* signees doesn’t prove that 6 is too many. 

Georgia finished with the #1 class in 2020. They had 6 3*’s.

Alabama finished with the #1 class in 2016. They had 8 3*’s. 

The ‘10, ‘11, ‘12, & ‘13 #1 classes all had 6 or more 3*’s.

24 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Didn't say that either. lol

But keep crying. It won't change what's about to happen one bit 🤣

18 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Oh please, you got this from a garbage Texas site, this isn't true!

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

There FAR too many low rated players committed for Texas to finish first. This is comical. There are 6 3stars committed. The last 2 number one classes had 3 or less. Texas filled up too early to finish number 1. They need to trim some fat or they are gonna likely finish 3-5. 

I just want to fill needs with good talent.  If they take a lower rated project type I want to see him developed.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

Three of those are takes for Coach Flood. That's all I need to know.

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Those 6 3* guys haven’t gotten their Texas ratings boost yet. 

The TE from California looks really good IMO.  6'7 240+ lbs with half his highlights blocking and half receiving and does it at one of the top programs in the nation (Mater Dei).

I think the OT from Melissa will end up a 4*.

The thing up to this point is Texas hasn't really missed on many of its targets.  The WR that just committed to OU stinks cause' I think he's going to be really good.  The 2 corners committed to a&m, but Texas looks like it's about to get Malik Muhammed and I think they get that real good CB from Baton Rouge.

I think Texas could have gotten a better guy than the WR Wilson and Cojoe looks like a project (I saw he's an EE and will still be 16?), but other than that I'm not sure what's not to like so far.

#1 or #5 class who cares as long as you're landing most the targets at the top of the board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

The WR that just committed to OU stinks cause' I think he's going to be really good. 

Pettaway is good, but Cook and Hale are better IMO. 

I always believed that Greathouse, Cook and Hale were the 3 best TX WRs in this cycle. 

I like Noble Johnson a little more than Pettaway as well.

15 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I don’t know where Texas’s class will finish, and I don’t really care unless they start winning. That said, just because the last two number 1 classes had very few 3* signees doesn’t prove that 6 is too many. 

Sounds like somebody needs to do their own research before they tell others to do their own research!!!   Lol!!!!

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Sounds like somebody needs to do their own research before they tell others to do their own research!!!   Lol!!!!

I only went back 5 years. Saw 4/5 were below 4 3 stars and assumed that was a solid enough time frame to get the point across. Didn’t realize there were a few more classes that far back. 

Either way, I still think it’s awfully bold to just assume Texas is going to sign the number 1 class. The guy that started this acts like it’s not just a possibility but inevitable. I disagree. Not because I’m an A&M fan but because I don’t think the numbers will be enough once Bama makes it’s late push as always. 

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I only went back 5 years. Saw 4/5 were below 4 3 stars and assumed that was a solid enough time frame to get the point across. Didn’t realize there were a few more classes that far back. 

Either way, I still think it’s awfully bold to just assume Texas is going to sign the number 1 class. The guy that started this acts like it’s not just a possibility but inevitable. I disagree. Not because I’m an A&M fan but because I don’t think the numbers will be enough once Bama makes it’s late push as always. 

Just as bold to say they won’t sign the #1 class in July.  Everybody has a shot, and lots of football has to be played.  Only one person that I can see said Texas might sign the #1 class

On 7/15/2022 at 1:23 PM, cotton84 said:

If the NFL considers 2022 to be Ewers 2nd year of college, and he plays well for 2 years at Texas, he probably leaves for the NFL…….if that happens and Manning does enroll at Texas, he may only sit one year.  Not arguing, just speculating. 

I don't know if this has been answered, but the NFL goes by years out of high school not years in college. Ewers will only need two more years to be eligible for the NFL draft in 2024.

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So Arch is overrated, and absolutely no way Texas signs the #1 class this year.  

Yes I do believe arch is overrated. And I did not say there was no way. But anti assured me it was happened with no question about it no matter how “mad” it made me and I should just accept reality. You see why I think that’s foolish right? 

I absolutely think Texas has a CHANCE at signing the number 1 class IF they win 9 games this fall and everything else falls right in recruiting. I think that’s a fair statement. 

On 7/15/2022 at 12:39 PM, trashyhound said:

Whorns have always "killed" in recruiting.  It's the on the field part they can't figure out

What are you, 12? Using names like "Whorns" or "Faggies" pretty much makes any comment invalid. I bet you do a lot of promoting of my school with the Horns down. LOL!

18 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes I do believe arch is overrated. And I did not say there was no way. But anti assured me it was happened with no question about it no matter how “mad” it made me and I should just accept reality. You see why I think that’s foolish right? 

I absolutely think Texas has a CHANCE at signing the number 1 class IF they win 9 games this fall and everything else falls right in recruiting. I think that’s a fair statement. 

Good, nobody here has argued that Arch was definitely the top prospect in the nation.  The sentiment has been what other recruits he brings with him.  

anti said the number 1class if the signs x amount of that list.  I don’t recall a guarantee they would.  But carry on.  It’s bothering you a tremendous amount evidently.  You’re still trying to persuade a bunch of Texas fans to see things your Aggy way.  Enjoy your weekend.  I’ve got garden work to do.  

It's the same song every single year. 

"Now that we got:

Sam Elingher, Shane Buechele, Jerrod Heard, Tyrone Swoopes, David Ash, Garrett Gilbert, etc....

we're going to be really good!"

News flash whorn fans, it ain't the dudes walking in the door that's the problem.  Lol,  you can always count on the whorn fans to keep you entertained during the off season! 

"We're back!"

🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

It's the same song every single year. 

"Now that we got:

Sam Elingher, Shane Buechele, Jerrod Heard, Tyrone Swoopes, David Ash, Garrett Gilbert, etc....

we're going to be really good!"

News flash whorn fans, it ain't the dudes walking in the door that's the problem.  Lol,  you can always count on the whorn fans to keep you entertained during the off season! 

"We're back!"

🤣

Buechele and Gilbert were good once they got away from UT

• Like 3

• Mr. P locked this topic