Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

10 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

It's the same song every single year. 

"Now that we got:

Sam Elingher, Shane Buechele, Jerrod Heard, Tyrone Swoopes, David Ash, Garrett Gilbert, etc....

we're going to be really good!"

News flash whorn fans, it ain't the dudes walking in the door that's the problem.  Lol,  you can always count on the whorn fans to keep you entertained during the off season! 

"We're back!"

🤣

Just sit back and listen to Johntay Cook.

He's saying the exact same thing that I've been saying. Sark is bringing in some true top end football players. Not just guys with stars next their name.

Sark has already proven that when he has the horses, his offense can be deadly...and he is bringing in a haul. 

Btw, Jalen Hale will probably get his 5th star back if his performance at Future50 so far is any indication. He is killing it. 

16 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Just sit back and listen to Johntay Cook.

He's saying the exact same thing that I've been saying. Sark is bringing in some true top end football players. Not just guys with stars next their name.

Sark has already proven that when he has the horses, his offense can be deadly...and he is bringing in a haul. 

Btw, Jalen Hale will probably get his 5th star back if his performance at Future50 so far is any indication. He is killing it. 

Isn’t that the “only swimming trophies” kid?

Also this probably isn’t the best site for objective Jalen Hale opinions.

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If you think recruiting class data from 10-15 years ago shows anything about today then you need to go and examine how blue chip ratios have changed since the playoff era has begun. 

Pretty sure 2020 was just 2 years ago. Then again, I’m not a mathematician 😆

14 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Yeah, but 2/3s of your data is from before a playoff even existed. 

And I’m not sure why you think that makes it irrelevant. 

If your argument is that recruiting has changed in the playoff era, sure. More players are going out of state than ever before. However, the same star system they use today was also used in 2010. Either you were a 5*, 4*, 3*, etc. 

There are more 4* players in the ‘23 class than I’ve ever seen in a single class, but that’s 1 year. But if you look at the previous couple of years, the number of 4 and 3 star players wasn’t any more than it was in the years I mentioned.

So when the argument was solely based on how many 3* players there were, then those years data is still very much relevant to the conversation.

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

And I’m not sure why you think that makes it irrelevant. 

If your argument is that recruiting has changed in the playoff era, sure. More players are going out of state than ever before. However, the same star system they use today was also used in 2010. Either you were a 5*, 4*, 3*, etc. 

There are more 4* players in the ‘23 class than I’ve ever seen in a single class, but that’s 1 year. But if you look at the previous couple of years, the number of 4 and 3 star players wasn’t any more than it was in the years I mentioned.

So when the argument was solely based on how many 3* players there were, then those years data is still very much relevant to the conversation.

Because the percentage of your team required to be blue chippers to realistically win the NC has increased since the playoff began.

On 7/15/2022 at 12:53 PM, Valhalla said:

People question his ranking because he plays against terrible competition and he has avoided the other competition based things used to evaluate QBs like the Elite 11.

That’s understandable, again, I am not claiming he’s the next Joe Montana, and do say we’ll have to wait and see.

His name alone does generate positive attention for Texas.

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I very badly want Jalen Hale to be a Longhorn.

Whether he’s from Longview or not he’s a baller. 

I think that you'll be very satisfied at the conclusion of his recruitment.

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Because the percentage of your team required to be blue chippers to realistically win the NC has increased since the playoff began.

While I disagree with all of this, that wasn’t the argument that was made. 

WETSU’s comment about the number of 3* players in your recruiting class only had to do with recruiting rankings (specifically your ability to have the #1 class), NOT your chance at the NC. 

So again, the data I shared is still 100% relevant. 

In looking back at Texas coaches post DKR, I feel Fred Akers years are over looked. If it wasn’t for him “playing it safe” at the Cotton Bowl, his legacy would have been more highly thought of as a coach. Instead it pissed off the money alumni and one losing season he was gone.

54 minutes ago, bordertown said:

In looking back at Texas coaches post DKR, I feel Fred Akers years are over looked. If it wasn’t for him “playing it safe” at the Cotton Bowl, his legacy would have been more highly thought of as a coach. Instead it pissed off the money alumni and one losing season he was gone.

Fred Akers problem was his inability to win in the postseason. 2 postseason wins in 10 years.

On 7/15/2022 at 7:15 PM, ANTI said:

Mikal Harrison Pilot

Jalen Hale

Anthony Hill

Colton Vasek

Cedric Baxter Jr

Hunter Osborne

Javien Toviano

Malik Mahummad

Markis Deal

Jordan Mathews

Derion Gullette

Braylan Shelby

Texas is sitting at #5 right now. They will land AT LEAST 7 of the above and when they do, numero uno. 

Not doing research is comical. 

Texas will get one of the above tomorrow...

• Mr. P locked this topic