Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

18 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Card may be out to.  I don't think the next three teams on the schedule are that great, but Charles Wright ain't going 3-0 against it.

My guess would be Roschon Johnson gets more than 50% of the snaps, if Card is out also………Not saying that is a great option, but at least you have at least 2 good runners in the backfield. 

12 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

My guess would be Roschon Johnson gets more than 50% of the snaps, if Card is out also………Not saying that is a great option, but at least you have at least 2 good runners in the backfield. 

How long could card break out?  If Murphy so far behind he’s not being looked at playing?

Oh and I haven’t seen a diagnosis on Ewers, but from my athletic training experience, I would guess AC Sprain/Separation or fractured clavicle.  Both will likely sideline him for the season.  And watching him play, he absolutely lives up to the hype.

11 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I read clavicle sprain/4-6 weeks on Ewers 

That would be an AC sprain most likely then which will keep him without throwing really for about 4 weeks.  I would lean towards the 6 week mark because his final 2 weeks of rehab will be almost all overhead and adjusting to throwing a football again.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

That would be an AC sprain most likely then which will keep him without throwing really for about 4 weeks.  I would lean towards the 6 week mark because his final 2 weeks of rehab will be almost all overhead and adjusting to throwing a football again.

It said clavicle sprain but I do remember seeing something about AC.  The Texas Dr has said 4 weeks minimum, 6 max depending on severity.  It is his non throwing arm too.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

He won't be able to play for a few weeks, but it's his non throwing shoulder, so there's nothing to prevent him from still throwing the ball.

I know I'm late to the party, but I've been just kind of reading this thread instead of posting on it.

Alabama looked like a dumpster fire Saturday. The sad truth is, they got as many penalties as they've ever gotten in a game, AND STILL DIDN'T GET WHAT THEY DESERVED!

I hate to say "oh the refs killed Texas," because Bama had a ton of penalties... but they did. It's insane the mess Alabama was doing. The missed facemask on that last drive in the redzone, the blatantly missed PI early in the game in the endzone... I mean goodness gracious.

So a few things I did take from the game -
I know who is actually listed as Texas DC, but it's very apparent Gary Patterson has a huge hand on the defense. You could even see him on the sideline, looking JUST LIKE he did at TCU. That was such a huge pickup for Texas, and such a loss for TCU. The way he had the defense playing was just unreal. Alabama WRs were struggling - O-line was struggling - The only saving grace is Bama didn't give #1 the ball enough because that dude is pretty bad.

I honestly think Ewers sandbagged against ULM. I mean the way he came out and just torched Bama and was taking the top off that defense was wild. It was a bad day for Worthy to be off, because that touchdown he dropped in the endzone hurt. I can only imagine what would have happened had Ewers stayed in the game. He looked great. 

Some take this as a negative for Bijan, but Bama keyed in on him 100% of the time, especially after Ewers went out. Any chance they had of freeing up some room for Bijan quickly faded when Ewers went out. I think that fact played a big part in why Card looked AS GOOD as he did, which wasn't fantastic. I won't knock Card though... He came in and put everything he had on the line... I just don't think everything he has is quite what Ewers is capable of. 

OVERALL - Just like Sark said "The term "moral victory" offends some," but there is so much we can take from this game. I liked that Overshown said that it may shock the nation if Texas beat Bama, but it wouldn't shock the locker room. They're confident, and I like it. They have every right to be confident at this point. Let's roll with it. Keep pushing, and hopefully Ewers will be back for the whoopin' OU deserves.

OH AND THE ATMOSPHERE!! I would have killed to be there this weekend. Student section TO CAPACITY at 8:00 a.m.??!! I bet it was the experience of a lifetime. Alabama plays in some loud places, but they were rattled, and it was very apparent. Texas feels on the right track at this point. Great crowds, great gameplay, let's just keep moving this direction. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

But I did feel robbed by the end of the game.

Missed PI in the endzone
Safety that honestly Texas was lucky the refs didn't mess it up further and turn it into a first down for Bama.
Missed Facemask in the redzone

I think the refs honestly felt sorry for Bama by the end of the game. They were just that sloppy. 

• Like 3

That game was huge for recruiting.

All of a sudden, 4* DB Warren Roberson has Texas in it and said that he'd include UT in his top 5. 

He's pretty close to Johntay Cook, and Jalen Hale. 

The only thing that sucked about this weekend, outside of injuries and questionable officiating, was Duce Robinson did not make it...due to his HS having to play Saturday (they were supposed to play Friday night but rain postponed it to the next day). 

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

To me this game really means nothing towards the progression of the program.

The last 13 years they have shown up for big OOC games. I will judge Sark based upon what happens in conference play.

Unless Alabama goes 6-6, this will definitely have been a huge game. I don't know of any OOC game that has been this big in a long time. Notre Dame was the closest, and they turned out to be a poser. I don't think Bama will be a poser.

That being said, I'm ready for conference play. 

In post-game conference, Will Anderson said it was the hardest game he has played in since he has been at Alabama the last three years. He also stated the stadium and the fans were the loudest fans he played against ever (he played at Kyle Field last year.) Kudos to UT fans!

• Like 3

Interesting note from Sarks Presser... Quinn, Bijan, Jamison, Card are all "day to day". Bijan and Jamison are good to go for Saturday, but I've heard some rumblings from people inside the program that the 4-6 week timeline for Quinn is not true. I think we will see him against OU.

• Like 1

Quinn played at SLC after sports hernia surgery. He’s a tough kid and I’ve read that this could be a situation of pain tolerance once inflammation goes down. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s back sooner than expected. 

I expect Wright to start vs UTSA Saturday and depending on how that goes and how bad Cards ankle is next week, we might see Wright again vs Tech. 

• Mr. P locked this topic