Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

I mean, can he really say it was tougher than the two losses they had last year. He was shut down by a true freshman OT that year as well. Perhaps that’s his kryptonite lol. 

It’s what he said, but I guess you think you know more about his thoughts than he does.   

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

I mean, can he really say it was tougher than the two losses they had last year. He was shut down by a true freshman OT that year as well. Perhaps that’s his kryptonite lol. 

He can say it was tougher, because he is the person who played in and experienced those games and atmospheres.

It is his opinion that playing in Austin against the 2022 Longhorns is the toughest game he has experienced while a Crimson Tide player.

That doesn’t sit well with/for some college football fans, but it’s obviously the player’s opinion or he wouldn’t have said it. 
He was impressed enough with UT to actually come out and say it on record, which is a pretty big deal.

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

He can say it was tougher, because he is the person who played in and experienced those games and atmospheres.

It is his opinion that playing in Austin against the 2022 Longhorns is the toughest game he has experienced while a Crimson Tide player.

That doesn’t sit well with/for some college football fans, but it’s obviously the player’s opinion or he wouldn’t have said it. 
He was impressed enough with UT to actually come out and say it on record, which is a pretty big deal.

Oh I’m not arguing the atmosphere. Just saying I think it’s strange that the toughest game he’s ever played wasn’t a loss 

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Why would the toughest game he ever played in have to be a loss? ....

I supposed it doesn’t have to be. I just thought losses stick with you more than wins in regards to “toughness” but I could be wrong. You guys are acting like I’m trying to make this about A&M when I’m not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Oh I’m not arguing the atmosphere. Just saying I think it’s strange that the toughest game he’s ever played wasn’t a loss 

I can sort of get where you’re coming from, however, I think the toughest doesn’t necessarily have to equal a loss.

Over the same run of games, Saban may say the UT game was not the most difficult for Alabama.

Just an opinion of one player, but it does bode well for Texas.

Now, can they Longhorns play with that same intensity in every contest for the remainder of the season is the big question. 

🤘🏻

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I can sort of get where you’re coming from, however, I think the toughest doesn’t necessarily have to equal a loss.

Over the same run of games, Saban may say the UT game was not the most difficult for Alabama.

Just an opinion of one player, but it does bode well for Texas.

Now, can they Longhorns play with that same intensity in every contest for the remainder of the season is the big question. 

🤘🏻

This is what the entire nation is waiting to see IMHO.

26 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I supposed it doesn’t have to be. I just thought losses stick with you more than wins in regards to “toughness” but I could be wrong. You guys are acting like I’m trying to make this about A&M when I’m not. 

the loss (or losses) may be tougher to deal with, but the toughness of dealing with a personal struggle inside a game can/is different usually. you may have a helluva game personally and get a team loss, etc.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, WETSU said:

There are times when a team wins, and anyone watching the game feels and believes the better team didn’t win. Players feel this as well. I believe this was one of those games and I believe many others do also, and that may very well include Bama players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

That’s exactly what you said though.  You are questioning what he said.  I guess you know what he should be thinking!!!  Lol….  Maybe Bama should schedule them hillbillies from the state of Appalachia that has yet to be found on the yell leaders map.  That might be a tough game.  

On 9/13/2022 at 10:59 AM, 514 said:

How they responds the next 2 weeks will give me all the answers I need. If they come out with the same intensity and energy as the did last Saturday week end and week out. Then the program has took a big step forward. I am tired of hearing about Alabama, its over lets move on. UTSA will bring all they got Saturday, that's all we should be focused on. If that turns out to be the case then I will feel good about this team and it's chances this year. If it turns out they are just happy about playing Bama close and reading about how good they are then we will take our usual 1 step forward and 2 step back approach

I would agree with you if Texas wasn't down to their 3rd string QB and several other starters are out with injuries. Texas will probably lose atleast one of the next 3 games with the QB that they are going to have to trot out. With Ewers healthy and the Conference being down, Texas would be looking at 10-2 record and a likely Big 12 championship appearance. I think they are in trouble this weekend as Traylor and Company are playing their Super Bowl in DKR. Hope I'm wrong. 

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

That’s exactly what you said though.  You are questioning what he said.  I guess you know what he should be thinking!!!  Lol….  Maybe Bama should schedule them hillbillies from the state of Appalachia that has yet to be found on the yell leaders map.  That might be a tough game.  

Tougher than Kansas. That’s for sure. 

12 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I would agree with you if Texas wasn't down to their 3rd string QB and several other starters are out with injuries. Texas will probably lose atleast one of the next 3 games with the QB that they are going to have to trot out. With Ewers healthy and the Conference being down, Texas would be looking at 10-2 record and a likely Big 12 championship appearance. I think they are in trouble this weekend as Traylor and Company are playing their Super Bowl in DKR. Hope I'm wrong. 

The 2nd sentence of what I said is all I care about. If they do that and lose the game because third 3rd team Qb is not up to the task than fine. I just don't want to see any quit in the team at any time anywhere like last year. There moto need's to be All Gas and No Quit. Play to the final whistle and live with the results.

Edited by 514

Sark from the top rope! He was feisty today.

Said Ewers and Card got significantly healthier this week. And Wright has taken advantage of the extra snaps he received. He also said practice was really good this week and one of the best Thursday practice they've had. Card should be okay for Saturday, but they really want him ready to go for conference play. So Wright most likely getting the nod.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Sark from the top rope! He was feisty today.

Said Ewers and Card got significantly healthier this week. And Wright has taken advantage of the extra snaps he received. He also said practice was really good this week and one of the best Thursday practice they've had. Card should be okay for Saturday, but they really want him ready to go for conference play. So Wright most likely getting the nod.

Absolutely love that quote from Sark. He learned a few things from Saban before he came to Texas. 

11 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Absolutely love that quote from Sark. He learned a few things from Saban before he came to Texas. 

I was thinking the same. Channeling his inner Saban with the media. It's the kind of mentality Texas has been in dire need of since Mack. Mack pampered the media, Strong and Herman got ran over, and now Sark is making sure they know their place.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic