Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

49 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

This is probably the best that Texas has felt about this game since 2005?

I never feel good about this game, even in 2005. Anything can happen.

For example, a 1-4 Texas team dominated a #10 ranked OU in 2015 

38 minutes ago, LOL said:

Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner 
Boomer Sooner, OK U! 

Oklahoma, Oklahoma 
Oklahoma, Oklahoma 
Oklahoma, Oklahoma 
Oklahoma, OK U! 

I'm a Sooner born and Sooner bred 
and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead 
Rah Oklahoma, Rah Oklahoma 
Rah Oklahoma, OK U!

Good copy and paste job.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1
  • Crybaby 1

On 10/2/2022 at 11:42 AM, ETXfan16 said:

It was glorious. I was there. We had nothing but we did it. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 11:42 AM, ETXfan16 said:

That's the great thing about this game. All bets are off. Records truly don't matter come "high noon" (on the East Coast lol) at the Cotton Bowl. 

Also, call me crazy, but I like that old Cotton Bowl stadium. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That's the great thing about this game. All bets are off. Records truly don't matter come "high noon" (on the East Coast lol) at the Cotton Bowl. 

It's by far the best environment I've ever been a part of as far as sporting event goes, and it's not even close. And a big part of that is the Cotton Bowl. It's pretty outdated and crammed, but the environment with the fair going on outside, usually always good weather, mixed with the craziness of that game is unbeatable. If they ever moved it, that game would never be the same. Half of the stadium is a home game and the other half is an away game, and holy crap does that place get loud.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It was glorious. I was there. We had nothing but we did it. 

I'll be there Saturday! My uncle and cousin haven't missed the RRR in 20+ years. This will be my 6th time, got some catching up to do lol

Edited by ETXfan16
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

4 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

It's by far the best environment I've ever been a part of as far as sporting event goes, and it's not even close. And a big part of that is the Cotton Bowl. It's pretty outdated and crammed, but the environment with the fair going on outside, usually always good weather, mixed with the craziness of that game is unbeatable. If they ever moved it, that game would never be the same. Half of the stadium is a home game and the other half is an away game, and holy crap does that place get loud.

Count me among the vocal few who would rather "renovate" the current site than move it elsewhere.

Yeah yeah,  it's outdated, too small, problematic, etc. But it's also a singular experience. It's worth holding onto (if at all possible). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LOL said:

Count me among the vocal few who would rather "renovate" the current site than move it elsewhere.

Yeah yeah,  it's outdated, too small, problematic, etc. But it's also a singular experience. It's worth holding onto (if at all possible). 

Absolutely. Renovate and keep it alive at all costs. God forbid they move it to Jerry World. We will riot.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, LOL said:

26 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Absolutely. Renovate and keep it alive at all costs. God forbid they move it to Jerry World. We will riot.

If they quit having it at the actual Cotton Bowl then I would rather have it on the home campuses than in Arlington.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'll be there Saturday! My uncle and cousin haven't missed the RRR in 20+ years. This will be my 6th time, got some catching up to do lol

This may be the first one I miss since Mack Brown's last season. Still up in the air. 

• Like 1

I haven't been in few years but went about 5 years straight at one point (back in later 2000's). Was good friends with Michael Huey (local ETX kid) and would go to the game with his family.

-Hook'em! \m/ \m/

**side note: Does anyone know the status of Dillon Gabriel for the game? If he doesn't play, I literally no nothing about the backup QB they'll trot out there if it's not General Booty [TJC kid that lit it up last year].

2 hours ago, iRockNewbzz said:

I haven't been in few years but went about 5 years straight at one point (back in later 2000's). Was good friends with Michael Huey (local ETX kid) and would go to the game with his family.

-Hook'em! \m/ \m/

**side note: Does anyone know the status of Dillon Gabriel for the game? If he doesn't play, I literally no nothing about the backup QB they'll trot out there if it's not General Booty [TJC kid that lit it up last year].

DG supposedly practiced in pads yesterday. Who knows.

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

DG supposedly practiced in pads yesterday. Who knows.

After everything that happened with Tua, I would be absolutely shocked if Gabriel plays. He could be 100%, but if anything happened and he got hurt again, only a week later, that would be very bad for OU. 

• Mr. P locked this topic