Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

Just now, Lobo97 said:

After everything that happened with Tua, I would be absolutely shocked if Gabriel plays. He could be 100%, but if anything happened and he got hurt again, only a week later, that would be very bad for OU. 

Oklahoma has typically been extremely conservative in dealing with concussions. I will be surprised if he plays.

I think Texas wins regardless.

20 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Oklahoma has typically been extremely conservative in dealing with concussions. I will be surprised if he plays.

I learned a long time ago not to ever bet on this game. Regardless who's ranked, who's not, who's playing, etc, the outcome of this game is never as you expect. 

3 hours ago, iRockNewbzz said:

I haven't been in few years but went about 5 years straight at one point (back in later 2000's). Was good friends with Michael Huey (local ETX kid) and would go to the game with his family.

-Hook'em! \m/ \m/

**side note: Does anyone know the status of Dillon Gabriel for the game? If he doesn't play, I literally no nothing about the backup QB they'll trot out there if it's not General Booty [TJC kid that lit it up last year].

Gabriel doesn't seem to be very accurate with his mid range and longer passes ... at least in the games I have seen him play  ....

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I learned a long time ago not to ever bet on this game. Regardless who's ranked, who's not, who's playing, etc, the outcome of this game is never as you expect. 

That is true, but I will be shocked if Oklahoma wins this game.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 2:29 PM, Valhalla said:

I wouldn't go there. Texas has demonstrated they have trouble with running QB's.

Or at least QB's that run effectively

Edited by Baron

12 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I think you need some of this. C46430A3-BAD1-40FA-9368-E11013254E98.jpeg

Agreed, @trashyhound, OU was ranked in the top 10 a few weeks ago, and acting like OU has been a doormat so UT throttling them is no big deal is a very silly point of view, but if that’s how you want to present this that’s totally your prerogative.

The very sudden fall by Oklahoma has been a spectacle and I am pretty confident Venables is not the right man for the job.  I was confident he won’t be the next great OU coach the day he was hired.

I’ve always thought he was a good DC, but have also always felt he needs to stay a DC and never try to make the jump to a HC.

I may be totally incorrect and he prove me wrong in the coming years, but it isn’t looking too good right now for the Sooners.

Welcome back Quinn Ewers! It’s been a while since we’ve seen an elite Qb in Austin but he’s here and we better not blow it. 
Him getting hurt is a shame for this team. They still have the opportunity to win the Big12 this year but they may be undefeated without that injury.

Who thought, two weeks ago, that this team was going to make history for shutting out OU?? Lol

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Welcome back Quinn Ewers! It’s been a while since we’ve seen an elite Qb in Austin but he’s here and we better not blow it. 
Him getting hurt is a shame for this team. They still have the opportunity to win the Big12 this year but they may be undefeated without that injury.

Who thought, two weeks ago, that this team was going to make history for shutting out OU?? Lol

Big DE from Westlake may be on flip watch.

• Mr. P locked this topic