Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

46 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lol guys like Shannon Sharpe, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, etc SHOULD be out of jobs. They’re absolute idiots who are paid to say outlandish stuff to generate people talking online. Clickbait at its finest. There are some good ones out there, though.

That said, I’m glad people are giving more nuanced football discussion here for once. 

I agree with you 100%. There’s a few other names I could add to your list as well, Cowherd being the first that comes to mind. 

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

All I know is the facts. 

Texas lost to Alabama. 
Texas A&M lost to Alabama. 

Football is not about morale victories.

Nice dodge and diversion .... again, we all know the answer to my questions ....

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You’ve gotta cut him some slack! He’s clearly busy with all the things he has going on in his life that he doesn’t have time to watch and make informed decisions. 

I could probably handle your workload on my break ... it's a matter of being able to multitask ... probably a new concept for people like you with blinders on who can't seem to focus ...

image.png

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Not the first time you’ve underestimated Haynes. You said Longview would never win State with him and they did. 

You’re right, I did say Coach King would never win state and yes they did.  How long are you going to rub my nose in that?

My opinion is Card is better than King.

King played hard last night and couldn’t push off his plant leg/foot.  The last play call was not good and should’ve rolled King out with multiple receiver options and the option to scramble. 

11 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Iowa State this week.  Statistically the best defense in the Big 12, but also the worst offense.  Have held teams to low scores, but having trouble scoring.

I’m actually looking forward to this game. I want to see how Sark game plans vs their defense with Ewers at QB. For years Texas hasn’t had a QB that could make the throws to beat their drop 8 coverages. 

Last 6 games on the schedule.

ISU

@Ok.St

@KSU

TCU

@KU

BU   

I have listen to many radio an Tv commentators say that the Big 12 from top to bottom may be the toughest league this year. It will be hard for any team from this conference to make the 4 team playoffs because I think it is possible for the 2 teams playing in the Big 12 championship to have 2 losses. I will be hoping Texas wins all 5 of these games, and it is possible, but going 3 & 2 is also quite possible. Regardless this team is much better culture wise ,and talent wise, and I really think next year will be a break out year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

tenor.png

The thing about this statement is it comes from 2001.

In years past this is how we all thought about college football [and college football only].
In no other sport have we ever required teams to go undefeated as a prerequisite to playing for the championship.

Heck, even the lower division of college football has a true playoff.

In the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, La Liga, etc teams are allowed to evolve and grow throughout the season and weather injuries.

Had Bijan not fumbled on the first play of OT in Lubbock, UT would be ranked in the top 10 right now.

With Ewers’s return, Texas is a vastly improved team.

He elevates the entire team not just the offense. He’s able to extend drives and give the defense a break.

This is why I am for the expanded playoffs, injuries, allows a team the opportunity to weather the storm as well as possible until they’re healthy again.

Alabama’s offense is trash without Bryce Young.

You put Alabama against UGA or Ohio State with Milroe at QB for the final 80% of the game and then make them go to TTU with Milroe as the starter and I bet the Crimson Tide have two losses as well.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

In years past this is how we all thought about college football [and college football only].
In no other sport have we ever required teams to go undefeated as a prerequisite to playing for the championship.

In the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, La Liga, etc teams are allowed to evolve and grow throughout the season and weather injuries.

Had Bijan not fumbled on the first play of OT in Lubbock, UT would be ranked in the top 10 right now.

He elevates the entire team not just the offense. He’s able to extend drives and give the defense a break.

This is why I am for the expanded playoffs, injuries, allows a team the opportunity to weather the storm as well as possible until they’re healthy again.

You put Alabama against UGA or Ohio State with Milroe at QB for the final 80% of the game and then make them go to TTU with Milroe as the starter and I bet the Crimson Tide have two losses as well.

I agree! 

I'm not as sold on texas as you are,  but I'm all in for expanded playoffs.  Give me 16,32,64! The more the merrier

48 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Alabama just beat Texas A&M with Milroe as their starter. I think they would be fine playing against Texas Tech.

• Like 1

I was at the Cotton Bowl Saturday and we got our money's worth and more.

After last year, I never felt good having a huge early lead, but in this game there was no panic. Texas with Quinn is extremely fun to watch. I won't lie, midway through the third quarter I wasn't blaming OU fans for leaving. At one point, OU forced a point and was getting the ball back, and the long snapper was already getting the punter warmed up during the TV timeout...

I had really great seats where I could see plays develop from the snap, and man, I don't care how bad or good your defense is, anybody will have a hard time figuring out where the ball is going to go with Quinn under center and the type of plays Sark draws up. That was more telling to me than how bad OU was.

Defense played really well. OU was getting some ground on the wildcat, but the defense had it figured out after a couple of drives. A shutout is not easy no matter who you play. OU could have kicked a couple of field goals but didn't settle for points. 49-0 is good with me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Alabama just beat Texas A&M with Milroe as their starter. I think they would be fine playing against Texas Tech.

The Texas Tech game wasn't an L because of Hudson Card. I mean I do think Quinn could have put your offense in a better position to score more than 34 points, but that was an L because of the defense. It was 31-17 midway through the 3rd quarter. 

55 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

I agree! 

I'm not as sold on texas as you are,  but I'm all in for expanded playoffs.  Give me 16,32,64! The more the merrier

Totally understand your position, I think Texas is definitely on the upswing and I’d like the playoff to be 8 or 16 teams.

Beyond 16 teams you’ve gotten into schools that realistically have no chance and only provide additional opportunities for injury when the other teams have to play them.

I’d truly be happy with an 8 team playoff.

Like this year, UT has lost two games, but the starting QB is back and they should be able to earn their way into the top 8 even with two losses and the polsters understanding the two losses, by winning out and winning the Big 12.

Of course we’re not in that situation yet with an expanded playoff system, but UT would be a good example of having a loss or two, stabling yourself and still legitimately being one of the best teams in the country at the end of the season.

Like you said, Texas still has to earn that throughout the remainder of the season; we’ll see if they’re good enough!

🤘🏻

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well said ...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Totally understand your position, I think Texas is definitely on the upswing and I’d like the playoff to be 8 or 16 teams.

Beyond 16 teams you’ve gotten into schools that realistically have no chance and only provide additional opportunities for injury when the other teams have to play them.

I’d truly be happy with an 8 team playoff.

Like this year, UT has lost two games, but the starting QB is back and they should be able to earn their way into the top 8 even with two losses and the polsters understanding the two losses, by winning out and winning the Big 12.

Of course we’re not in that situation yet with an expanded playoff system, but UT would be a good example of having a loss or two, stabling yourself and still legitimately being one of the best teams in the country at the end of the season.

Like you said, Texas still has to earn that throughout the remainder of the season; we’ll see if they’re good enough!

🤘🏻

I agree that the bottom feeders in a big playoff wouldn't win much,  but every 10-15 years a coastal Carolina would knock off an Ohio state as a 32 vs 1 seed! I would love that as much as the match madness upsets. 

I also like the possibility of good teams with their QB out for a while still have a chance to get in.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mr. P locked this topic