Longhorns 2022 Thread

Stoney

48 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

I agree that the bottom feeders in a big playoff wouldn't win much,  but every 10-15 years a coastal Carolina would knock off an Ohio state as a 32 vs 1 seed! I would love that as much as the match madness upsets. 

I also like the possibility of good teams with their QB out for a while still have a chance to get in.  

I agree with all of this post.

I thoroughly enjoy seeing mid-majors knock off Duke in March Madness, it’d be the same for NCAAF, great point.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

How AWESOME is this?

Quinn running out and looking around the whole stadium and throwing the Horns up. Chills. Really cool POV too.

The best part of the Texas entrance is "Hells Bells" by ACDC. When the first bell rings over the speakers, it's deafening. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, trashyhound said:

I agree that the bottom feeders in a big playoff wouldn't win much,  but every 10-15 years a coastal Carolina would knock off an Ohio state as a 32 vs 1 seed! I would love that as much as the match madness upsets. 

I also like the possibility of good teams with their QB out for a while still have a chance to get in.  

I think 8 is the magic number. 32 game playoff would require 5 games on top of a 12 game regular season (which I don’t think the schools what to give up the gate revenue). 17th game of the National Championship run would be a competition of who has the best depth due attrition from injuries. Yes some teams will feel slighted, but the same holds true at 16 or 32 teams.

52 minutes ago, bordertown said:

I think 8 is the magic number. 32 game playoff would require 5 games on top of a 12 game regular season (which I don’t think the schools what to give up the gate revenue). 17th game of the National Championship run would be a competition of who has the best depth due attrition from injuries. Yes some teams will feel slighted, but the same holds true at 16 or 32 teams.

Definitely better than 4! I'd be all for 8, but I'd prefer 16 with finding another way to get everyone their revenue.  I agree that 17 games is too many.  Maybe drop a regular season game,  but good luck getting the money fair to get everyone on board with that.  

What does the d2 guys regular season look like?

I think the Tech loss is going to come back to bite Texas in the rear when it's all said and done in regards to getting to the Big 12 Championship game.  Could they win out?  Absolutely.  Would I bet on it?  Nope.  If Texas wins this week and then @ Oklahoma State, then I think you have to start liking your chances going into the BYE.  Get TCU and Baylor at home in the last four with two road games at the Kansas schools.

Edited by Red90fly

42 minutes ago, bordertown said:

My understanding is they play 11 game regular season and a 28 team playoff.  Keep in mind they don’t have a bowl system. 

I would love that.  

Throw in a "NIT" tourney for 29-56 and this football playoff thing is getting right!!!

Edited by trashyhound
  • Stinks 2

43 minutes ago, bordertown said:

My understanding is they play 11 game regular season and a 28 team playoff.  Keep in mind they don’t have a bowl system. 

I don't hate this. Bowl games got WAY too big somewhere along the way. Back when there were about 8 bowls, they meant more. Sadly, they've watered it down waaaay too much. 

3 hours ago, bordertown said:

No, 16 is the magic number ... with NO byes ....

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Dude, these people are literally saying Tech would beat Bama lol. Do you REALLY want to waste your breath on trying to convince them otherwise?

Well, A&M almost beat them at home.

Alabama on the road in Lubbock with Milroe at QB.

TTU would have just as much or better a chance of winning than A&M; why is this so far fetched?

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, A&M almost beat them at home.

Alabama on the road in Lubbock with Milroe at QB.

TTU would have just as much or better a chance of winning than A&M; why is this so far fetched?

A&M is a weird case of playing up or down to their competition. Upsets happen. Last year A&M beat Bama because on that one night they were better and got a little luck. That doesn’t mean that Tech would beat Bama last year lmao 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

On 10/8/2022 at 8:10 PM, trashyhound said:

How is that sour? 

I'm just stating facts, texas didn't beat the Oklahoma their used to facing, they beat an awful excuse for a football team.  

Congrats on that I guess.  

BTW, you have no idea what my screen name actually means! Lol

Well no, it’s not the ou team from last year.  That coach is gone, so are a lot of those players.  Last I checked though, there is only one Sooners team from Norman, and they got their teeth kick in Saturday.  They suck and yes, it is glorious.  Couldn’t happen to a better fan base.  I hope they get a decade worth of it.

On 10/8/2022 at 8:27 PM, trashyhound said:

Sorry if the truth bothers you so much.  

Tell me this,  where does this OU team rank on their all time list? 

49-0 is the truth.  A “dominant” blue blood should have better depth at QB than what you showed.  The OC showed they’re not worth much either.      He should’ve let beville throw more.  He connected on some passes.  Making the offense one dimensional showed his poor coaching.  This game was the perfect storm.  

17 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Well no, it’s not the ou team from last year.  That coach is gone, so are a lot of those players.  Last I checked though, there is only one Sooners team from Norman, and they got their teeth kick in Saturday.  They suck and yes, it is glorious.  Couldn’t happen to a better fan base.  I hope they get a decade worth of it.

You got any tips on how to get through a decade of sucking?

Share your first hand experience.

• LOL! 2

On 10/9/2022 at 2:51 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You’re right, I did say Coach King would never win state and yes they did.  How long are you going to rub my nose in that?

My opinion is Card is better than King.

King played hard last night and couldn’t push off his plant leg/foot.  The last play call was not good and should’ve rolled King out with multiple receiver options and the option to scramble. 

I disagree on the playcall.  King held the ball too long.  The call was there.  Great coaching, poor execution.

• Mr. P locked this topic